CEMETERY-X/GRAVEYARD-X

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 sallytheragdoll

sallytheragdoll

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:taking pictures, music, paranormal research,rainbows, pickles, lots of stuff

Posted 24 July 2004 - 07:26 PM

???Does anyone know the location of Graveyard X? Has anyone been there? I have found some information on the location but I don't know if it is true. This is what I have: Central IL, possibly in Logan or Christian County(Taylorville), also known as Anderson Cemetery, founded by Tom Thompson in the 1840's. Thanks -Sally

#2 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Photography, I love digital infrared photography, History, Computers and of course computer games, Psychology, Strip Clubs, Oh, and of course ghost hunting and paranormal studies.

Posted 24 July 2004 - 08:02 PM

Nope, but I know which graveyard you are talking about.
Posted Image Founder of the Connecticut Paranormal Research Team - www.ctparanormal.comhttp://www.myspace.com/ghosthunterx

#3 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 24 July 2004 - 08:27 PM

i know what your talking about too and from what i've read from research, no one really knows the locations. shh..its a secret
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#4 Rasitlin

Rasitlin

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Location:x1|Newark Delaware|USA|usa|490|131|x1|Newark Delaware|USA|usa|490|131|x1|Newark Delaware|USA|usa|490|131|x1x1|Newark Delaware|US

Posted 24 July 2004 - 10:22 PM

i have no idea what your talking about

#5 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 10:55 PM

http://www.prairiegh....com/ander.html

Because of arrangements made with county officials and law enforcement professionals, the site of this cemetery is NO LONGER being made public. We are committed to trying to maintain the serenity and integrity of the cemetery and cannot take any chances that its location might fall into the hands of vandals or unscrupulous "researchers". The area continues to be under ongoing investigation

This statement taken from above site
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#6 Headsick

Headsick

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Cars, spirit hunting/investigating.

Posted 25 July 2004 - 07:38 AM

It's very much off limits. Although...a friend and I found out where it's located from a site before they were forced to take down the details.

#7 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 08:09 AM

I've never understood why this graveyard would fall under such protection, as opposed to all the graveyards in the country. Has anyone read anything which explains that?
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#8 Guest_Ghostbuter20_*

Guest_Ghostbuter20_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2004 - 08:33 AM

I don't live anywhere near Illinois, but this applies to everyone everywhere: why is it when you find a really good haunted place, someone always wants to destroy it or bring satanism to it. I'm sick of it, frankly.

#9 sallytheragdoll

sallytheragdoll

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:taking pictures, music, paranormal research,rainbows, pickles, lots of stuff

Posted 25 July 2004 - 12:25 PM

Thanks. I didn't know that it was no longer being made public. It is too bad that people want to destroy these kind of things. I never said that I wanted to destroy it or anything of that nature. Anyway, Thanks for the info. on the topic that I asked about.

#10 H3LL5P4WN

H3LL5P4WN

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 12:00 PM

Thanks. I didn't know that it was no longer being made public. It is too bad that people want to destroy these kind of things. I never said that I wanted to destroy it or anything of that nature. Anyway, Thanks for the info. on the topic that I asked about.

It's not so much that people want to destroy it, there are those among us who just have an unhealthy interest in the places of the dead and just want to visit them, maybe take pictures, etc.

Then there are the tweenagers who think its 'kewl' to break things, etc.  The same kids who vandalize buses, egg houses, and generally make those who are a little older infuriated because they can't go on with thier honest intentions due to hightened security around such places.

Don't even get me started on the whole 9/11 thing.  Because of all the (possibly) bogus Terror Alerts, I now mentally question every person I see with a camera; and I strive to not be prejudiced and keep an open mind.

It disgusts me really.

*steps down from soap box*
Posted Image

#11 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 12:34 PM

I agree. The location is better off closed down because of the abuse it's probably been through, meaning vandalism. If you were considering visiting you might come across a sign that saidís "NO TRESSPASSING". So don't bother sweetie.

Hunny
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#12 fester

fester

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Movies, Music

Posted 19 August 2005 - 01:36 AM

Hello I am a new member to this site, I have been reading the pages for the last 3 days and decided to register. It's a great site!

Here is my question....

There was a graveyard along time ago that was supposedly VERY haunted. It attracted so many people that it was eventually taken off the maps. Now it is referred to only as Graveyard X, and it's location is a closely guarded secret, or it may have been forgotten altogether.

Does anyone know anything about this cemetery in Illinois? Anyone have any clues to it's whereabouts?
FesterLake County Paranormal GroupLake County IllinoisPosted Image

#13 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 19 August 2005 - 06:46 AM

That soulds very interesting.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#14 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 19 August 2005 - 08:04 AM

Gods.....I have indeed read about this particular location several times, different places around the net (mostly Chicago & Illinois based groups)

When I get a chance later today (I'm at work) I'll see if I can recall the groups that investigated this location and post links for you.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#15 fester

fester

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Movies, Music

Posted 19 August 2005 - 09:22 AM

Gods.....I have indeed read about this particular location several times, different places around the net (mostly Chicago & Illinois based groups)

When I get a chance later today (I'm at work) I'll see if I can recall the groups that investigated this location and post links for you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I remember one website that claimed to have investigated graveyard X, and then went on to say that if anyone disclosed the location of it they would be banned immediately from that site. Which I kinda thought was a little hipocritical, if their group can investigate it why can't others?

I have a GPS that I have been inputting the locations of Illinois cemetaries in.
FesterLake County Paranormal GroupLake County IllinoisPosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users