• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 30 December 2003 - 02:47 PM

I mean, I can see where being a pagan could teach you some of the essential skills to heighten your abilities more than, say, Christianity could, but that doesn't mean that a Christian can't see ghosts.  :)
Many Blessings,
Acacia

The biggest disadvantage to being a Christian is the paradigm.  Christians are discouraged from seeking the unknown.  We have the Scriptures and our leaders - everyone else is a "devil worshipper" who wants to BAD_WORD us to hell.

Please note I don't believe any of that bias.

There is a universal truth.  All religions try to find it.  I just think that Pagans are a bit more open-minded (and self-aware) along the path.

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#17 Wind of Light

Wind of Light

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Playing RuneScape is my number one hobby/interest now.<br />www.runescape.com

Posted 25 January 2004 - 01:10 PM

I am a Wiccan and I knoow that the person that you came across is either a wana be or just doesnt know what they are talking about :|
-Du Súndavar Freohr-===================================--------------------------------------------Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink what comes out"?

#18 AcidicTears

AcidicTears

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 05:45 PM

I am a sensitive.

#19 lindigo

lindigo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 06:20 PM

When I read what your Wiccan acquaintance said, my first thought was "what a dolt", and I'm Wiccan!

Linda

#20 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 04:38 PM

I don't know, I think some Christian denominations actively discourage their members from seeking the truth. I have a friend who is Pentacostal and her parents spent her childhood indoctrinating her and trying to isolate her from coming into contact with anyone or anything that ran contradictory to their belief system.

I'm a Catholic and I attended a Catholic college. They were all about forcing you to seek the truth for yourself (for those interested of course).

#21 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 05:54 PM

hi,just a little clarification I'd like to point out, that Wicca, is only one religion, fairly new, based on traditional English practices.... however, most people jsut lump all nature based faiths into one pot, and call it Wicca... *now off my high horse*

I'd definatly say that person has a case of seeing The Craft, and calling it a religion.... she's a classic Trend Wiccan, and I have NO patience for any of those...
as for the advantage.. I wouldn't say there is one, it's how much you have faith, that you can see such a thing... I myself, being raised in a Traditional Native American Faith, can't really judge... but like Whipser, I've seen both Christian, and Pagan sensitives with equal skill....

#22 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 12 March 2004 - 07:25 PM

do you also know that Wiccan is one of the fastest growing religion today on earth?
Posted Image

#23 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 12:35 AM

well yeah, because of the growing number of people becoming dissatisfied, with the current state of many organized Christian religions. I am not faulting any particular faith, nor targeting Christianity.. however, i have always held faith, and religion separately.

#24 7th

7th

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 02:39 PM

All I know for sure is that religion may try or will squash the heck out of any gifts one may have (speaking from personal experiences) because of their own fears and misunderstandings.  As to who "see" or "feels" ghosts, spirits, etc....depends on the person's ability to open themselves. I tend to think all have abilities in some way, but as we are all individuals, so will their abilities.  I could be all wrong in my understanding..I'm a "hidden" soul who learned never to talk about these things because of the consequences (fears others have)...but so glad to find a place where one can speak and learn.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users