Photo

Belial - Information Needed

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 spawn

spawn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:GHOST HUNTING,FISHING, PLAYING WITH MY 3YR. OLD ROTTWEILER, HER NAME IS CORONA. I AM LOOKING TO GET ANOTHER ONE SOON

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:41 PM

iam curious if anybody has any info about this subject? any help will be helpful.

#2 DaVine

DaVine

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:46 PM

iam curious if anybody has any info about this subject? any help will be helpful.

On the subject of haunted land? Or that you are near Waverly? Haunted land is hard to explain, usually there is not much info before certain times. You can probably look up if you were near any battles for the land. It is possible that the land was sacred to Indians and therefore is still sacred. I had helped a lady in FL who worked at a business that was being haunted. The land was cursed by the Seminoles and therefore this was the second business that was closing due to this. Both were medical buildings. The best thing to do is go to your local library and look up local history.

If you are referring to Waverly Hills Sanatorium, there are many sites on the net about it.
When skepticism blinds evidence, it can result in dyer consequences beyond our control.And in an unknown field like the paranormal, who actually is an expert? Is research concrete? No. Just because you can't hold it and touch it and analyze it does not mean it does not exist. Ghosts have no boundaries like humans do. Anything you can imagine can be done. Who is to say that what I see and hear isn't what you see and hear but it still a part of my reality and realm and just not yours..Those that claim to be experts only disillusion themselves into thinking they know of something that can only be known once we cross into the great beyond.Guidance from DaVine

#3 brass city paranormal

brass city paranormal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:09 PM

On the subject of haunted land? Or that you are near Waverly?

I'm going with the subtitle here: belial
If so, all I know is in reference to the name of a demon (recently mentioned on Paranormal State I believe?...)
If that is your inquiry, I think you may get a better response posting in a more topic applicable folder.

#4 DaVine

DaVine

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:56 PM

Funny I didn't even see that at the top...sorry..I *blush*.. Anywho, yes, the demons name can be googled. I don't suggest it.. I believe unless you know what you are getting yourself into, even thinking the name is a bad thing.. But if you google demon names then you will find a whole slew of sites that tell you the names and what they are demons over.. I believe that one name is actually grouped in with some others..
When skepticism blinds evidence, it can result in dyer consequences beyond our control.And in an unknown field like the paranormal, who actually is an expert? Is research concrete? No. Just because you can't hold it and touch it and analyze it does not mean it does not exist. Ghosts have no boundaries like humans do. Anything you can imagine can be done. Who is to say that what I see and hear isn't what you see and hear but it still a part of my reality and realm and just not yours..Those that claim to be experts only disillusion themselves into thinking they know of something that can only be known once we cross into the great beyond.Guidance from DaVine

#5 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:23 PM

Hi spawn...I can't really help you on this topic, but I noticed it was your first post so I thought I'd say WELCOME!!! :)
Posted Image

#6 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:25 PM

belial,It is one of the diffrent titles of the devil.
The Hebrew meaning is wicked, ungodly, evil, naughty ungodly men

Edited by secretsign, 22 February 2008 - 09:28 PM.

Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#7 sweetmamadot777

sweetmamadot777

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Spirituality , Ghost history , Angels , My Family and my two wee doggies xx

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:25 AM

belial-----a term used to characterize the wicked or worthless. about sums it up for old lucifer :lol: I'd say........btw, welcome to G.V. spawn, :lol:
Life isn't about waiting for the sun.It's about learning to dance in the rain

#8 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:48 AM

Please do make appropriate topic titles, so that we don't have a confusion in answering. I have edited the topic title for now.

Thank you.
Posted Image

#9 N. O. T. W. Paranormal

N. O. T. W. Paranormal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Demonology, Biblical Paranormal Investigation, Nature, Biblical Metaphysics, Quantum Physics

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:16 AM

Belial,

For some people the first time hearing this name was on Paranormal State, with Ryan having to "deal" with this demon again. He wouldnt even speak its name.

For religious demonologists, and biblical scholars alike, this name has been around for quite a long time. In early Christian writings, Belial was considered to be the father of Lucifer. It was Belial that convinced Lucifer to spark a rebellion in Heaven. It was known as the angel of confusion and lust. It was believed that he also fell with Lucifer from thew heavens.

His name stems from Baal ial, translated as Lord of pride and arrogance. In the New Testament, 2 Corinthians 6:15 speaks of Belial in opposition of Christ. In the Apocrypha, we read of Belial in the Book of Jubilees.

In the Occuly It is considered one of the 4 crown princes of hell.
Not of this World ,JasonFounder : Not Of This World Paranormal

#10 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:13 PM

If you post on the PRS forum they will not even allow the name to be posted, it will be blanked out, as certain Bad words are. The name is also an old reference to the devil or devil-like, as referenced in this except from a letter written by Teddy Roosevelt in 1909:

....He was at heart a Lucifer, that child of thunder and lover of the battle's hottest heat; and dreadful it is to think that when he fell his fall should have been, not that of the lightning-blasted Son of the Morning, but that of a mere Mammon or Belial. Your etching of Morgan's riflemen is fine. The Victors of King's Mountain were just such men, but without a Morgan to train them.

Edited by CaveRat, 20 March 2009 - 03:14 PM.

#11 Alan B

Alan B

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:42 PM

Well in the Christian and Jewish religions, the word refers to a demon, wicked or worthless person. Witchcraft it means, satan. Not sure where you are going with this. Be very careful what you investigate, or try to contact. It may not be what you want. There are many listings for the word on the internet, just do a search on it. :ghost:

Edited by Alan B, 22 March 2009 - 06:42 PM.

#12 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:I am a writer, a wife, a mother of 3, a grandmother of 5, an empathic psychic, and use my empathy to connect with both the living and those of spirit. I had a very near death experience in May 2008 that has brought me back to my paranormal life.<br />I love to travel. To camp. To visit museums, zoos and aquariums. I love to learn about people and places. I have a degenerative bone and muscle disease and expect to be in a wheelchair by the end of 2009 but I love Disney World and amusement parks. I love boating on quiet lakes and seeing sunsets and sunrises. I love hearing from others so write me if you'd like because as a writer I can never know too many interesting people.

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:19 AM

:ghost: Ryan on Paranormal State has a very strong Catholic faith and is often in touch with Lorraine Warren the Demonologist. Though I have no belief in Demons I do have a real respect for Ryan and his team in the sincerity of there beliefs and there dedication to help others. It, again, is my belief, and yes I have been wrong, that to label an otherwise nasty spirit a demon reinforces it's strength and can increase you fear. Spirits have always been documented but when this demon was named like most of the others we were in the times when of superstition and religious domination of thought. If there is a spirit named Belial the best way by my way of thinking is to forget like all but a few of us have. I know the saying is "The smartest the Devil ever did was convincing us he didn't exist." But huge part of humanity have no Judeo-Christian belief in a God or a Devil and no Belial. The name is nothing, the thing does not exist.

Have you ever done this? My kids when they were small watched there first vampire movie. They had never even thought about such a thing. All of a sudden they wanted crosses and garlic. The day before the thing Vampire had no meaning. They saw a movie and a new horror was in the world but all it really was was a new word in their vocabularies. So now there is new word in ours. I didn't worry yesterday and I won't today. New words in the world like Global Warming, Nuclear war, oil spills. I save my fear for things that are hurting everyone, not an old word that has lost it's ability to raise fear in all but a few. For those that it does I am truly sorry. I believe your belief that it can and it does. I wish you a triumph over whatever is hurting you and you have given that name.

Sharon

#13 mooboo

mooboo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Alternative medicines,acupuncture,animals,animal rescue,marine life, herbs,occult,japan,china,vietnam,uk,italy,rock music,horror,sci-fi,thriller,drama,historic,fun;tv,cartoons,books,movies.<br />Etc,etc

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:59 PM

Belial is a demon of the Goetia from the Lemegeton.
The Lemegeton is attributed to King Solomon
..Belial is considered,"white",in nature,but all Goetia demons are dangerous,and magick of this kind is called ceremonial magick.
There are 72 demons of the Goetia,they all have different physical attributes,standing,and uses.
He can be called upon to help you find a job, or to be praised and honoured.

and if you are into horror movies,Belial is the deformed murderous brother in the cult movie "BASKET CASE".
i do think the name was used on purpose in the movie.
Miss"We were just just picknicking friends"Knowledge speaks ,but wisdom listens~Jimi Hendrix

#14 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:I am a writer, a wife, a mother of 3, a grandmother of 5, an empathic psychic, and use my empathy to connect with both the living and those of spirit. I had a very near death experience in May 2008 that has brought me back to my paranormal life.<br />I love to travel. To camp. To visit museums, zoos and aquariums. I love to learn about people and places. I have a degenerative bone and muscle disease and expect to be in a wheelchair by the end of 2009 but I love Disney World and amusement parks. I love boating on quiet lakes and seeing sunsets and sunrises. I love hearing from others so write me if you'd like because as a writer I can never know too many interesting people.

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:48 AM

:ghost: Well moo-boo Thank You for the information. I guess I know where I am not going on vacation this year. :weeee:

Sharon

PS Sorry couldn't help it. Whirly Dude

#15 mooboo

mooboo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Alternative medicines,acupuncture,animals,animal rescue,marine life, herbs,occult,japan,china,vietnam,uk,italy,rock music,horror,sci-fi,thriller,drama,historic,fun;tv,cartoons,books,movies.<br />Etc,etc

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:27 PM

:Spaz:
Goetia demons are very dangerous.This is where the whole,"you must remain within the
drawn pentagram or the demon can kill you",ideaology comes from.
To summon Goetia,you must be inside the pentagram,or you die at the demons hand.
But king Solomon also wrote the Koran and was alleged to be able to speak to animals,so
if this is his baby,who am I to poo poo....
But hey,i never knew Belials powers.If he can get me a job......*ponders*
^_^
Half of Wall St must be summoning him as well....
heh
Miss"We were just just picknicking friends"Knowledge speaks ,but wisdom listens~Jimi Hendrix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users