Belial - Information Needed

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:I am a writer, a wife, a mother of 3, a grandmother of 5, an empathic psychic, and use my empathy to connect with both the living and those of spirit. I had a very near death experience in May 2008 that has brought me back to my paranormal life.<br />I love to travel. To camp. To visit museums, zoos and aquariums. I love to learn about people and places. I have a degenerative bone and muscle disease and expect to be in a wheelchair by the end of 2009 but I love Disney World and amusement parks. I love boating on quiet lakes and seeing sunsets and sunrises. I love hearing from others so write me if you'd like because as a writer I can never know too many interesting people.

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:48 PM

:Spaz: Thank You for the information. Are you a believer in the demonology as you wrote it or does it just come from an interest and research?

I am one of the people here who though I have met some unhappy, angry and very rude nasty spirits in my considerable days I have yet to find anyone that falls into the realm of evil. Of course not going looking for them is probably a very good reason I never have or will find one. I do have an elemental next door at the corner of the woods. Some people don't believe in them but that's OK. Their there.

Sharon :ghost: :ghost:

Edited by Cautious-Psychic13, 24 March 2009 - 02:49 PM.

#17 mooboo

mooboo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Alternative medicines,acupuncture,animals,animal rescue,marine life, herbs,occult,japan,china,vietnam,uk,italy,rock music,horror,sci-fi,thriller,drama,historic,fun;tv,cartoons,books,movies.<br />Etc,etc

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:44 PM

:Spaz: Thank You for the information. Are you a believer in the demonology as you wrote it or does it just come from an interest and research?

I am one of the people here who though I have met some unhappy, angry and very rude nasty spirits in my considerable days I have yet to find anyone that falls into the realm of evil. Of course not going looking for them is probably a very good reason I never have or will find one. I do have an elemental next door at the corner of the woods. Some people don't believe in them but that's OK. Their there.

Sharon :ghost: :ghost:

Do you mean me ?
I have used the Goetia.Not Belial specifically,but yah.I was very young and untrained.I use them rarely now.
,but the Goetia can be used sucessfully if you are respectful .
And I am an avid watcher of the TV show,SUPERNATURAL.Mostly for the 2 adorable guys on the show,but
They do the STAY INSIDE THE PENTAGRAM thing to death.
Its also in the Bartemaus trilogy of books ,pretty much described correctly too.

And my thoughts on demons ,is that they are just spirits on the other side,but they are of a more
base ,evil nature.
Some are ancient,so they can be more powerful than just a simple earthbound recently dead with
a chip on its shoulder.

When you study with a priest of either Palo,or Santeria,the first thing they make you do is
read the works of Allen Kardec.
His medium,spiritist,and prayer books.
He was a French philosopher that spoke to the dead.So he documented it all.
His description of souls/spirits,reincarnation ,evil spirits,all pretty much follows the Hindu/Buddhist
line of thinking.
(To me anyway)
So on the other side,we are all .....*just spirits*, at different levels of enlightenment .
We reap as we sow and must be reborn accordingly.
Some spirits are highly elevated,aka angels,and some do not evolve forward because of evil deeds
done on this side.
Some are allowed to be guardians.
As per Kardec,you never go backward in your enlightenment,but if say you are a murderer,or you
commit suicide,your soul doesn't go foward,and rebirth is inevitable.

Lower spirits are usually just jealous and evil in nature.Some never go forward.
They hate the enlightened spirits ,espec if we are on this side,so if they can cause us trouble,they do.
Its all very interesting.Reading his stuff changed my perception of spirits quite a lot.
Does this help ?
Miss"We were just just picknicking friends"Knowledge speaks ,but wisdom listens~Jimi Hendrix

#18 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:34 PM

King Soloman wrote the Koran? And here I thought that was written by Mohammed. :Spaz: Also, the Lemegeton was produced in the 17th century CE, much of the text of it gleaned from a work by Johann Weyer, and late-medieval grimoires, as well as influence from Jewish and Islamic mystics. Scholars highly doubt it's supposed authorship by King Soloman, I suspect that's more legendary than factual.

In Hebrew, the word belial is used to describe uncircumcised heathens, idolaters and several different tribal groups in that area, and is usually translated as without worth, worthless, yokeless. Belial also shows up in the Dead Sea Scrolls as the leader of the Sons of Darkness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belial

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#19 mooboo

mooboo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Alternative medicines,acupuncture,animals,animal rescue,marine life, herbs,occult,japan,china,vietnam,uk,italy,rock music,horror,sci-fi,thriller,drama,historic,fun;tv,cartoons,books,movies.<br />Etc,etc

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:08 PM

The lemegeton was called the lesser key of Solomon because it was attributed to him,as is the greater key of Solomon.
.The first translated versions of it, in Greek, appeared in the 16th century,and then it became wildly popular with
Medival occultists in the 17th century .
And I meant that Solomon is revered as an important part of the Koran,as well the Bible and the Talmud.
Miss"We were just just picknicking friends"Knowledge speaks ,but wisdom listens~Jimi Hendrix

#20 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:17 PM

Oh, I know that the two books of Solomon are attributed to him, but attributation isn't the same as proof that he indeed wrote them. And everything I ever read says they showed up in the 17th century with much of the info culled from various works from the 16th century.

That does NOT take away from the contents and the powers therein. It's only the authorship that's in question, and his name was attached due to Rabbanical legends about him as he's said to have become an idolater who turned away from God.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#21 mooboo

mooboo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:18 PM

Oh, I know that the two books of Solomon are attributed to him, but attributation isn't the same as proof that he indeed wrote them. And everything I ever read says they showed up in the 17th century with much of the info culled from various works from the 16th century.

That does NOT take away from the contents and the powers therein. It's only the authorship that's in question, and his name was attached due to Rabbanical legends about him as he's said to have become an idolater who turned away from God.

Do you read palms? I have "the ring of Solomon" on my right hand,and the Goetia were
my first attempt at magick.I was about 14 yrs old.No idea what I was doing,but it worked.
Anything I have ever done using the Goetia worked,even though I do not actively do ceremonial magick all the time.
So I am emotionally attached to it I suppose,and I believe its his.
I use the Greater Key much more frequently too.
And one of my cats is named for a Goetia "Angel",(he appears as an angel when you summon him).
What can I say.

Miss

#22 AnuPriest

AnuPriest

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Wicca (14yrs), Martial Arts (23yrs), Video games (I'll never out grow those), Reading (Koontz, Modesitt, Crowley, King), Writting (Currently working on my own novel), School (Game and Simulation BA), My Family (Wife, 5 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats)

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:41 AM

I find myself wondering about some of the information out there and peoples ability to filter it but on this point I can be be clear. I have seen something in my time that radiated evil not to be specific but I was heavy into ritual magic in my begginning years of the craft. I can say from a scientific certainty but what I saw was demon summoned and so I believe. Belial shows up in a variety of texts and is refered to by many different religions but what I have found leads me to believe that he is neither angel nor demon but something else entirely (NOT A GOD) but as is mentioned in an earlier post his title as a prince of hell and a leader of the sons of darkness I have also heard tell that he is the entity that will lead the armies of hell as general during the final days. Again though there are a lot different opinions on this name and as many different prophecy/stories.
The Human spirit is a hard thing to kill. Even with a chainsaw.(Adams Family)

#23 mooboo

mooboo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:38 AM

I find myself wondering about some of the information out there and peoples ability to filter it but on this point I can be be clear. I have seen something in my time that radiated evil not to be specific but I was heavy into ritual magic in my begginning years of the craft. I can say from a scientific certainty but what I saw was demon summoned and so I believe. Belial shows up in a variety of texts and is refered to by many different religions but what I have found leads me to believe that he is neither angel nor demon but something else entirely (NOT A GOD) but as is mentioned in an earlier post his title as a prince of hell and a leader of the sons of darkness I have also heard tell that he is the entity that will lead the armies of hell as general during the final days. Again though there are a lot different opinions on this name and as many different prophecy/stories.

I do think that Belial,despite being part of the goetia,is somehow something separate. Do you have any opinions on Asmoday?
As he seems to be part of,but separate. From them as well.

#24 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:49 AM

From what I learned IT is known as the demon of lies and guilt. As a Prince of Hell, it commands 80 Legions of Demons and is specifically the prince reigning over the Northern Reaches of Hell, and its said it controls the element of earth and reigns over the Earth demons. So with that said, being the Demon of lies, I dont think anyone would know it's name anyway, because as we know they disguise themselves, and lie. I believe it is one of the most dangerous and violent Demon, and it's name should never be thrown around like Ryan did. Ryan didnt actually say the name, but they flashed it all during his first episode. If what Ryan is stating is true, he shouldnt wonder why it follows him, and if it attached to him, he has no right bringing it into other people's homes. From what I read when the show aired, he actually suffered from sleep paralysis, not a Demonic haunting or presence. But all this remains to be seen. Also from what I learned Demons have no gender, however they can disguise themselves as females for a male target and male for females. They dont deserve to even be discussed, but knowledge is power.JMO..CE:angry:

#25 Kristy

Kristy

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:I will be updating my &quot;interests&quot; soon-lol.

Posted 11 April 2009 - 11:35 AM

From what I learned IT is known as the demon of lies and guilt. As a Prince of Hell, it commands 80 Legions of Demons and is specifically the prince reigning over the Northern Reaches of Hell, and its said it controls the element of earth and reigns over the Earth demons. So with that said, being the Demon of lies, I dont think anyone would know it's name anyway, because as we know they disguise themselves, and lie. I believe it is one of the most dangerous and violent Demon, and it's name should never be thrown around like Ryan did. Ryan didnt actually say the name, but they flashed it all during his first episode. If what Ryan is stating is true, he shouldnt wonder why it follows him, and if it attached to him, he has no right bringing it into other people's homes. From what I read when the show aired, he actually suffered from sleep paralysis, not a Demonic haunting or presence. But all this remains to be seen. Also from what I learned Demons have no gender, however they can disguise themselves as females for a male target and male for females. They dont deserve to even be discussed, but knowledge is power.JMO..CE:angry:

I want to thank you for this information and the warnings of even watching "Ryan" from PS throwing around the idea of the name. I do know there is something with quite alot of power out there in the world and we have to do all we can to steer clear in every way- thank you CE.

Kristy

#26 papa midnight

papa midnight

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:32 AM

I do think that Belial,despite being part of the goetia,is somehow something separate. Do you have any opinions on Asmoday?As he seems to be part of,but separate. From them as well.

Asmoday, also Chammadai or Sydonai)..destroyer sometimes called, believed also to be equivilent of Samael, Said to be the one to dethrone Solomon but first soloman makes him help with the destruction of the Jerusalem temple, Asmondee (same) also is the serpent who seduced Eve, This is also the demon expelled by Tobie with the smoked spleen of a fish, from Sara, then is bound by the Angel raphael.
he comands 72 leigions and is a prince in the hierarchy.When one exorcises him, one must be steadfast and call him by name. He gives rings influenced by astronomical bodies, advises men on making themselves invisible, and instructs men in the art of geometry, arithmetic, astronomy, and the mechanical arts.

Sidonay, alias Asmoday, a great king, strong and mightie, he is seene with three heads, whereof the first is like a bull, the second like a man, the third like a ram, he hath a serpents taile, he belcheth flames out of his mouth, he hath feete like a goose, he sitteth on an infernall dragon, he carrieth a lance and a flag in his hand, he goeth before others, which are under the power of Amaymon. When the conjuror exerciseth this office, let him be abroad, let him be warie and standing on his feete; if his cap be on his head, he will cause all his dooings to be bewraied, which if he doo not, the exorcist shalbe deceived by Amaymon in everie thing. But so soone as he seeth him in the forme aforesaid, he shall call him by his name, saieng; Thou art Asmoday; he will not denie it, and by and by he boweth downe to the ground; he giveth the ring of venues, he absolutelie teacheth geometrie, arythmetike, astronomie, and handicrafts. To all demands he answereth fullie and trulie, he maketh a man invisible, he sheweth the places where treasure lieth, and gardeth it, if it be among the legions of Amaymon, he hath under his power seventie two legions.

Papa

Edited by papa midnight, 20 April 2009 - 09:34 AM.

#27 Morbid

Morbid

Thinks the jelly runs out of the peanut butter sandwich in head

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:27 AM

I find it funny that Ryan on "Paranormal State" won't say Belial. All the teachings I've heard, and all the religions I know of, it's supposed to be BETTER to say and know the name of a demon. I've heard so many times from various "exorcisms" that "to know the demons name is to exert power over him". Didn't anyone else ever hear of this?

I personally don't believe in demons, just thoughtforms. As such, if you put your own power into a thoughtform, you give it the characteristics that everyone else has, thus getting his power in return for use in workings. I myself never heard about the Belial Unemployment Agency, but if he's gonna help me get a job, then I say "Hail Belial!". It's all about what you believe, and I don't believe a thoughtform will hurt me, I'll even invoke him in a ritual (I'm very unemployed) to secure myself a money earning position. And as always, I guarantee, everything will be fine. Mind over matter.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.The law of Chaos.

#28 mooboo

mooboo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 11:42 AM

I find it funny that Ryan on "Paranormal State" won't say Belial. All the teachings I've heard, and all the religions I know of, it's supposed to be BETTER to say and know the name of a demon. I've heard so many times from various "exorcisms" that "to know the demons name is to exert power over him". Didn't anyone else ever hear of this?

I personally don't believe in demons, just thoughtforms. As such, if you put your own power into a thoughtform, you give it the characteristics that everyone else has, thus getting his power in return for use in workings. I myself never heard about the Belial Unemployment Agency, but if he's gonna help me get a job, then I say "Hail Belial!". It's all about what you believe, and I don't believe a thoughtform will hurt me, I'll even invoke him in a ritual (I'm very unemployed) to secure myself a money earning position. And as always, I guarantee, everything will be fine. Mind over matter.

Hmmm,well is thought form energy?As I don't know.
As spirits,demons or otherwise,are energy with conciousness more or less.
And so many religions give the same entity a different name. I agree with the saying its name.
I curse at them personally.They expect you to be all scared . I tell them to BAD_WORD off.
They don't expect that.

Edited by MoonChild, 23 April 2009 - 09:15 AM.
bye-passing profanity filter

#29 Morbid

Morbid

Thinks the jelly runs out of the peanut butter sandwich in head

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:50 AM

A thoughtform is like a video game is very good artificial intelligence. Lets say you've created a character called Bob the Decimator (for lack of better names). You've named it, and programmed it to have certain powers and abilities, and all the things that talk about Bob, is referring to that one single character. Some others will call him The Decimator, but just because they gave him a different name doesn't mean he's a different being, he still has the same powers and abilities. You can create a back story for him, and give him items and things, but he's still your little creation. The more people hear about this character, the more they want to play him. Soon enough people have written novels about him and then there's the lunch boxes of him and all the people want more and more, theirs movies made about Bob and more games with Bob, and soon Bob is one of the hugest characters in all history.

Bob has become huge and powerful. This is the way of the thoughtform. One person creates a god/goddess/demon/angel/devil, given it a name and special rulings and powers and things, and then someone else hears about it and wants to worship it, then more and more people believe in it and give it more and more power. But just because the creator made the back story of "this thing created the universe" doesn't mean it did, but it believes it did, and will act as such. All the power given to thoughtforms seems wasted to some because you're worshiping a false idea, but in essence the more you pretend it's a being, the more power you give it, and the more powerful it becomes. The more energy, the more power.

Although just as Bob the Decimator, it's something you (or someone else) has created. It can't actually think, and it can't hurt you. All he is, is a spiritual astral battery with which you can call on him or abuse his energy for personal gains in prayers and rituals.

Something I always like to say is that I worship Thor. It's fun for me to say it as I don't actually believe in him. People will say "He's not real!" and I'll say "I know that, but he doesn't." The being Thor is an actual thoughtform. He thinks himself to reside in Valhalla with the other fallen heroes, and he's a perfectly usable thoughtform, but it doesn't mean he's real.

I'll end my rant now as I don't know if anyone besides myself could follow all that...
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.The law of Chaos.

#30 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 24 April 2009 - 12:29 PM

thought forms arevery powerful, every thought in our mind creates a form,but some of them, which weempower, conciously or not, becomes a form and holds on to the ether. At times, it is virtually impossible to removea well formed through form as well.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users