• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:17 PM

For some reason this line in Ghostbusters keeps coming to me about "Moldy Babylonian Gods."

#47 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:42 PM

Sorry about the multiple posts, but this subject is kind of interesting so I keep coming back to reading things about it and thinking about it.

The Wiki article actually supports my theory.

Belial (also Belhor, Baalial, Beliar, Belias , Beliall, Beliel, Bilael, Belu; from Hebrew בְּלִיַּ֫עַל Bəliyyʻal; also named Matanbuchus, Mechembuchus, Meterbuchus in older scripts) is a demon in the Bible, Christian apocrypha and Jewish apocrypha, and also a term used to characterize the wicked or worthless.

It says it's from Hebrew בְּלִיַּ֫עַל Bəliyyʻal, and Strong's Hebrew dictionary believes that to be connected with the root word בּעל bah'-al, which is translated baal. Of course it's just an educated guess on their part. It's not 100% certain.

Papa Midnight, I hope you don't think I'm being too argumentative about this. It's just my theories and thoughts and you seem to believe in this being as a distinct demon from the point of view of your belief system. I respect that as a possibility, just not one I readily accept myself at this point. We'll probably just have to agree to disagree about it for now my friend.

#48 papa midnight

papa midnight

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 05:34 PM

Sorry about the multiple posts, but this subject is kind of interesting so I keep coming back to reading things about it and thinking about it.

The Wiki article actually supports my theory.

Belial (also Belhor, Baalial, Beliar, Belias , Beliall, Beliel, Bilael, Belu; from Hebrew בְּלִיַּ֫עַל Bəliyyʻal; also named Matanbuchus, Mechembuchus, Meterbuchus in older scripts) is a demon in the Bible, Christian apocrypha and Jewish apocrypha, and also a term used to characterize the wicked or worthless.

It says it's from Hebrew בְּלִיַּ֫עַל Bəliyyʻal, and Strong's Hebrew dictionary believes that to be connected with the root word בּעל bah'-al, which is translated baal. Of course it's just an educated guess on their part. It's not 100% certain.

Papa Midnight, I hope you don't think I'm being too argumentative about this. It's just my theories and thoughts and you seem to believe in this being as a distinct demon from the point of view of your belief system. I respect that as a possibility, just not one I readily accept myself at this point. We'll probably just have to agree to disagree about it for now my friend.

No its ok, but they are two differant demons, even in the Lemegeton. But you post what you like, I most certianly do not wish to argue, but I deal with demons and I do know this to be the case here.
they are not the same. I will leave this thread alone now.

Papa

#49 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:33 AM

Well I certainly don't want to argue against your beliefs either. There is no intellectual argument against someones personal experience is there? I try to explain that to my more "rational," friends who don't believe in some of the paranormal things that I do. So I see where you're coming from.

My main experience with demons comes from having been married to one for several years. And I strongly suspect my current fiance worships them when I'm not around. And still she wants a Catholic wedding to please her parents..... I don't get it. I'm afraid if we enter a church we'll burst into flames or something.

#50 Etherealgirl

Etherealgirl

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 02:16 PM

According to the great Prophet Edgar Cayce, in many of his readings (where he actually tapped into the Akashic Record) from when Life on Earth began, there were 2 groups of beings...The Sons of Belial and The Sons of The Law of One.

The Sons of Belial as they were called in the readings "selfishly exploited the earth and its life forms until they lost sight of their true spiritual nature".

This may be the real fall of man. Because a soul that has so seperated itself from its maker by selfishness that it ceases to be able to comprehend its own nature (even after death) is drawn back into the hell of its own creation.

Some of these souls..the opposite of the Sons of Belial (or as I prefer to call them "SOBs"), were'The Sons of The Law of One'. They saw what a predicament they were in and therefore created man as a way for souls to regain a closeness to their Creator.

In other words Belial is basically the opposite of morality and not just another demon. It encompasses many things.

One of Cayce's definitions of Belial (the Sons of) is something like:

"the gratifying, satisfying use of material things for self without thought to the hardships of other people...or in other words..those who live without a moral code".

Since demons are nothing but energy (sometime taking some form or other) the worship of the things above fed that particular energy until it gained power.
Posted Image~MySpace"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." ~Sarah Williams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users