Ghost Hunters New Season

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:29 PM

loved the show last night! amazing results and the best part is that they got more than 1 piece of evidence, in fact i think it was around 5 or more! crazy! I really missed these guys, nice to know they're back on TV again! can't wait for next weeks.

Did anyone else notice that this time around the show was an hour long??? i wonder if they'll keep doing that? very good!

The shaw has always been hour episodes, on many occasions they spend the whole hour show at one location. Many shows do split the hour into two locations.

I was amazed at the EVP's they caught, nice and clear.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#32 mitchy334

mitchy334

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Spiritual, paranormal, new age, and other related topics.<br />Anything to do with alternative medicine and healing(empathy, therapuetic touch, reiki, etc.).

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:55 PM

I loved that episode. i watched it twice just to take everything in. I can't believe all the evidence they got at the fort. If that was the start of the season, I can't wait to see the rest!!

#33 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:31 PM

Alright here is the skinny. A couple little known facts. They really weren't the very first down there but hey for the benefit of the Fort it's all good. Now here is the stuff that I was not allowed to say until it aired. We had the opportunity, because we are volunteers of the fort, to investigate casemate 11. This was just the following week after TAPS was there. It is not open to the public so I know a lot of people are going to be a little disappointed about that because they will not be allowed down there. It's just still in the process of being perserved but will soon be open. So just a little patience will be required. Wayne, our favorite caretaker ever, took us down, showed us around and then left for us to enjoy. It was truly amazing down there. You really can't grasp that from seeing it through an IR light. There is writings all over the wall including William Howes signature. (the only prisoner hung at the Fort) He was most certainly discussed in last nights episode. We did capture some great evidence down there. It will soon be up on our site for everyone to hear. I will tell you all that our EVP's sound a lot like the ones they got so I was in shock last night. It's almost as if our evidence backed up what they got. Can't beat that. We also have great video and we plan on sharing with everyone.

Now we aren't rich so we don't have cool thermal images of figures in casemate 4 but we have something better. Members of our team have seen that in person. A lot of attention usually goes into casemate 5. We usually direct our attention to 3 and 4 because there is an entity there that likes to wander between the 2. I know I have had many experiences with this spirit. I haven't see it yet but boy do I know he is there. If you go on myspace there is a clip for a show called Haunted Destinations. I am pretty sure it shows a girl running out of that very casemate because of what she saw. It is very surreal. I was there that night as well.

As far as Elizabeths room, they left out the some of the best parts. Loved the EVP though. A great hot spot is actually in the back room in the closet. I can't even begin to describe what I have seen, heard and experienced in there.

Ok so I could go on and on about this place. It will always be very near and dear to my heart and I'm glad that it got shown in good light in this episode. If anyone would like to know more please let me know. Thanks everyone for watching. If you didn't see it, it's up on youtube.

:lol:
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#34 greenman

greenman

Creepy

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:orchids<br />paganism<br />gardening<br />ghosts<br />paranormal activity<br />reading <br />writing

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:23 AM

After watching this ep, I had to say they are much improved from season one, when nothing was a ghost. Much better personal attitiudes towards eash other to. The Brian-bashing in the first season was a real turn-off for me.
"The circle is open but unbroken. Blessed Be"Posted Image Posted Image

#35 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:49 AM

Watched the first and second episode. They aren't the first but they do feel like the originals to me. Cant wait to see the evidence your group got Trish.
There is nothing left to say.Me

#36 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:11 AM

After watching this ep, I had to say they are much improved from season one, when nothing was a ghost. Much better personal attitiudes towards eash other to. The Brian-bashing in the first season was a real turn-off for me.

While yes Brian did have his personal problems but to pick him apart on a TV show was really unnecessary. From what I understand, Brian was a close friend of Grant and Jason's even before TAPS, so to expose his problems on the show wasn't what I would have done. I really think Brian is a darned good investigator and enjoys the job so I was glad that he was on the team for the GHI show.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#37 Romie

Romie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Anything Paranormal.

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:17 AM

Yup, I agree with you Axman. I always liked Brian. sometimes the stuff that went on was not always his fault. and even if it was it never should have been aired. I wonder if all that was for real or just for show? ya,know the time Jason and Grant had a talk with him about being on the phone to much. I really wonder. Got my 2 cents in thanks. seeya....

#38 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:21 PM

I always got the feeling they were trying to throw a human element into it. His behavior was very similar to the behavior of my son in his later teens. I had my fill of it then and had very little sympathy for him. I never understood why they kept giving him chances or why they played it out for us. I still dont care much for him and wonder if part of the reason is that I got tired of the drama surrounding him, and not nessesarily his behavior.
There is nothing left to say.Me

#39 mikemgmve

mikemgmve

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:29 PM

I definitely agree with the sentiment about adding a human element, seeker. Especially in the first season, they tried to play up a 'reality show' side about the hunters themselves. Not that I don't find them interesting, but the show's focus should stay mostly on the job at hand. Of course, I'm also a bit tired of having to hear them explain what an EVP is in every single episode.

As for Brian, I don't completely remember all the drama, i just know he was a bit of a screw up at times, but then again, other people have been 'talked to' on the show. He was also okay in seemingly getting together to talk about issues with them - ON camera, as well as apologizing and talking to his fellow hunters in the midst of filming their investigations. So I wouldn't think to give him any sympathy in handling things on camera as well from his angle. I personally didn't care for him as he just came across as a bit obnoxious to me. I'm pretty happy with the five regulars now. Jay and Grant are good, Steve is enjoyable, Tango is a bit of a nerd and can verge on annoying at times, but I enjoy him most of the time, and Kris adds the female element (which I also always enjoyed Donna), which helps in providing a different perspective to the guys.

#40 xfactor

xfactor

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:History, backpacking, hardcore skier, fly fishing, motorcycles, Frank Zappa, teaching, Q Tips, Hi Def programming, and of course the PARANORMAL.

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:52 PM

Wow, Trish. Thanks for the background and the insider's view! I loved the first ep. More activity, less drama. What a great start to the season though. I like the crew for season 4. I think they all understand each other's methods and motivations.

I wish Grant would say "What the Frigg?" or "What the Fadge?" more. Cracks me up. :weeee:
I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird. -- Francesco Zappa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users