Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Does a real estate agent have to disclose a haunting?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 dezeq85

dezeq85

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 09:16 PM

Kira

The last house that we bought and renovated was built in 1884 and you always felt sad in it but when we started to renovate it Ms.Thang came out and let us know she did not like what we were doing.She scared the pants off of our plumber and a couple workers wouldn't come back.Personally I adored her, she had quite the personality . As weird as this sounds I miss her. I talked to her a bunch.Her real name was Mrs.Shumanski but because she had such a personality I called her Ms.Thang. I used to tell her that as stubborn as she was I was 10xs more. She knew she was dead like your guy but she loved the house and wouldn't move on. I certainly did care that she stayed I just wish that she was less "vocal" at times. lol She used to love to turn off my music.

I saw her once and I was taken aback for a moment but the people we bought the house from had pictures of their family and there was a picture of her and I was like OMG I finally put a face to the pain in the butt who scaring the pants of the workers. She was kinda like you cantankerous spinster aunt. lol

Anyway I was poking around inside by myself because my fiance wanted to see the stream and the back yard. I plan on going back once more so we can make the final decision but I was chatting to myself and whoever was there with me . I was saying how much I loved it but we were going to be making some changes so if they could please bear with us for a few months everything would be back to normal. The realtor actually walked in on me while I was having this chat and was like "Who are you talking too? I was like ..uh...myself?!"

It's not that I am hoping we have a ghost its just that I am not opposed to having one. lol My list for the next house wasnt :big kitchen
2 bathrooms
great lighting
ghost
hardwood floors

lol

I just am so used to having something there that I miss it. lol

#17 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 01 March 2008 - 09:43 PM

You have a great personality and outlook! I think you're going to do just fine. Have you ever thought about developing your abilities?
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#18 dezeq85

dezeq85

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 09:56 PM

I am on my way to become a Reiki master which I find is making me a bit more sensitive with energies. I think that is a bonus.

I never thought to develop them more because I have very early memories of spirits.My parents never amde me feel like I was losing my mind. They encouraged it.Now my fiance was convinced that he saw a full body apparition in his house when he was 15 and his parents made him go to therapy.Now he is not receptive at all to anything supernatural.

I have always been open to developing my ability be aware of things around me.

Its hard being with my fiance because he doesn't believe but I also understand being a believer or non believer is a very personal thing so I am very happy I found this BB because you guys are all so nice. And I find this conversation very interesting. :ghost:

#19 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:52 PM

what if you're interested in a house and you brought a psychic along when you went to look at it with your real estate agent? Of course you don't tell the agent you have a psychic with you. Afterwards, the psychic can tell you if there's anything up with the house.

Whatever

#20 HalloweenPixie

HalloweenPixie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:nature, animals, the paranormal, computers, arguing politics, telling guys how to fix mechanical things especialy when the answer is jumping right at them and then telling them &quot;I told you so&quot; when they figure it out much later

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:45 AM

Thanks everyone. I have been doing my homework and have been proactive with what questions I do ask.It's not a deal breaker to me. We have been looking at really old houses (built in 1780 etc) and if anything I think it would add character to the house.

I wouldn't blame the seller at all if we bought a house that had activity in it. I guess what I am saying is, it's not a deal breaker but if the seller is aware of activity I would like it to be disclosed.

I am just not sure how to ask it?

I am firm in my beliefs but I don't want my Realtor to think I am a kook. Whirly Dude

Thanks Again

Thanks Annie for the nice welcome!

Personally, I'd just look at them with a broad smile and outright ask "do you know if the house is haunted :D ?" A friend of mine just bought a haunted house in missouri. The place was at one point used as a mortuary and I would soooo love to go visit him. As for the law regarding the issue, I think that's been pretty well covered. It varies by state.
Be brave enough to journey into the unknown for only through that journey can we grow. Pixie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users