Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Does anyone know of any ghost stories from Yonkers, NY?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 idfcv

idfcv

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:24 PM

I actually live in Yonkers myself and know of many places that are said to be haunted. I've only found one website that tells of three places in Yonkers. :lol: But I've heard tales of my old HS, Gorton HS, Untermyer Park has creepy legends as well, Phillipse Manor, had a few personal experiences myself, etc. Where's the love for Yonkers?

As for haunted colleges in the Hudson Valley, anyone know Marymount College, or rather what used to be Marymount College in Tarrytown. I've got so many tales of that place it's not even funny. I know that my friends who were residents used to tell me quite a bit of tales.

Edited by idfcv, 06 March 2008 - 05:24 PM.

#2 Bean

Bean

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:53 AM

Untermyer Park has some scary caves was told that a cult group was using them back in the 70's you would see torches at night going threw the park from the hospital. Went there once awhile back will not go again. My family used to live on Nepperhan ave. next to Orchard place.

#3 Johnny Eck

Johnny Eck

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:15 AM

I'm not familiar with the area, but the Forgotten New York website might be a good place to start. Here's the URL:

Forgotten New York
The Most Remarkable Man Alive!~Robert Ripley

#4 allosaur176

allosaur176

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:16 PM

Which website had those listings, I may want to check em out

I'm originally from Yonkers, lived there the first 21 years of my life, moved upstate about 11 years ago... I've been to Untermyer park with afew buddies a couple of times at night, with air pistols for protection ofcourse.. Its pretty spooky..

After you go through the main garden entrance, you follow it towards the hospital and there will be a stairs that leads down the hill.. there is a break in the wall on the side of the stairs where we went in and there was a painting of the holy grail, and alot of freaky graffiti all over the walls..

We made it to the bottom of the stairs until a friend started freaking out so we all left..

In the garden area though, there are panels on the ground that have some sort of greek faces, and they all had there eyes carved out

Edited by allosaur176, 08 April 2008 - 02:17 PM.

#5 famezo12

famezo12

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Performing Ghost Investigations. Please visit my website if you would like my group to perform an investigation at your home or business.<br /><br />http://www.freewebs.com/yonkersghostinvestigators/

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:57 AM

I have a Ghost group based out of Yonkers, NY. I have done several investigations and some were haunted, some were not. Please check out our site for help and evidence of hauntings
http://www.freewebs....tinvestigators/

#6 famezo12

famezo12

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Performing Ghost Investigations. Please visit my website if you would like my group to perform an investigation at your home or business.<br /><br />http://www.freewebs.com/yonkersghostinvestigators/

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:44 AM

:ghost:
WWW.WESTCHESTERHAUNTINGS.COM
I have posted EVPs and Photos from Haunted places in Yonkers, NY that we have gone to so far. Please if you have another place we can investigate with permission let us know :) Thank you!!
Visit my site also, I have a discussion under Forums about Untermeyer park and legends associated with it and would love to hear your opinions :)

#7 ceiba77

ceiba77

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 01:04 PM

:ghost:
WWW.WESTCHESTERHAUNTINGS.COM
I have posted EVPs and Photos from Haunted places in Yonkers, NY that we have gone to so far. Please if you have another place we can investigate with permission let us know :) Thank you!!
Visit my site also, I have a discussion under Forums about Untermeyer park and legends associated with it and would love to hear your opinions :)

I used to lived in Yonkers ny for more than 10 years, we bought this very old victorian house, we sold it on August 2005 in Saratoga Ave. That is all i can say. The house was haunted I believe with a good spirit, we had several encounters. only one of my girls said she saw this horrible man with dark eyes, sitting on the second floor family room, next to him was a little girl, very sad and kind of afraid. I did see the shadow of the girl but never her face. Good luck with your study, when you see this entities pray for them, since they might be souls of purgatory.

#8 Frank R Santariga

Frank R Santariga

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

Growing up in Yonkers, I have heard a number of "true" Ghost stories.
Pick up my book "Paranormal Family and Friends" and read for yourself some of the weirdest Ghost stories and UFO encounters that took place in Yonkers, Westchester and Fairfield,CT.
Frank R. Santariga

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users