• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 mjjfan4life2

mjjfan4life2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:52 PM

Hello everyone. I am new to this board.. I have been practicing my mediumship abilites but haven't really communicated fully yet. (except with a ouija board, only it doesnt work when im alone) I am still researching the topic alot and finding more about it.
Anyways, i get the tingles when i meditate, sometimes flashes of light, and i hear a strange humming sound or something but i havent heard any voices yet. I am hopeing that if I practice more often, i will eventually sense spirits easily, but it is very fustrating at this stage. ( i am only 17, does age make a difference?)

I have a few questions that i am curious of if you dont mind me asking.
I read in another topic about spirits who are earthbound and who are prebound... and i was wondering how a spirit becomes earthbound?
And ive heard of situations where spirits are "stuck" or they dont know they are dead and can't "move on".. How does a spirit become stuck?
If we ask for something from a spirit, can they refuse us? (like communication)
Also, i am reading the book 90 Minutes in Heaven... and i am curious if all people go to Heaven when they die or if there are other places we go according to how we live our life on earth

ALso i would like to ask if any mediums or psychics can tell me my spiritguides name so maybe i can communicate with him better (i think its a he)... Please, i think it would help if i knew his name so i could call on him... and maybe if u could, tell me if they have anything they would like known to me.

Thank you again,
Stefanie
"We are not human beings having a spiritual expirence.. We are spiritual beings have a human expirence"

#2 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:26 PM

Heya....
Welcome to Ghostvillage....
I'm 18 (19 in 6 weeks).... Feel free to email/PM me if you ever feel the need....

I think spirits become earthbound because sometimes they just don't know that they're dead (like in the case of traumatic death).... I often wonder about people who pass during surgery while "under"... Sometimes they have unfinished business. And then sometimes maybe they're just "afraid" of what awaits them in the next life...

As far as heaven.... I personally think that what happens to you after you die depends on what you believe. I don't believe in heaven or hell in after death... I believe that your spirit continues to live on again and again... Reincarnation... I think that heaven and hell is what you make your life here while your life... Meaning your life can be heaven or your life can be a "living hell"... It's all what you make it... But I don't believe in those in a bibilical sense.

My understanding is that as long as you are a GOOD person though and you have good morals then yes... You will go to heaven. I think that hell is generally reserved for those who live their life without morals.... And I like to think that for the MOST part we get second chances. Jesus died on the cross to give us a chance to repent out sins... Am I getting this right?
Lex
Love life.

#3 Mystic Hippy

Mystic Hippy

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:computers, arts & crafts, nature, photography, ghost hunting, mediumship, supernatural/paranormal, etc.

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:36 PM

I often wonder about people who pass during surgery while "under

I passed once during a major surgery, once as a result of an accidental overdose and once as a result of an intentional overdose. They all had different scenarios. 2 were quite positive, one was extremely negative. I couldn't say these were visits to the typical Heaven/Hell. Possibly they were temporary visits to some type of purgatory based upon my environment at the time of my passing?
Have you hugged your ghost today?The Porch - Ghosts, paranormal, supernatural

#4 amymyers1973

amymyers1973

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Member of the Small Town Ghosts investigation team.<br />Metaphysics, New Age, Occult, Religion, Mythology, Psychology, Science. Literature, Movies, Music, Beads, Tribal Style Belly Dancing.

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:18 PM

Hi Stephanie, welcome to the board.

Just a quick comment on knowing the names of spirit guides. If your guide wants you to know his name, he will tell you. No one else can get his name for you. Names have power. That's whay in many societies and religious groups people have more than one name. They have a public name, a private family or tribal name, a baptismal name, or a secret name given to them by a priest or shaman. If people know your secret name, then they can use it to have power over you. Does this make sense? Also consider your spirit guide might not have a name. Sometimes guides create new names to share as part of the relationship with the humans they guide.

To be honest, my guide has never told me his name. Basically I know what kind of entity he is, his rank in the heirarchy of beings, and his job. He refuses to tell me his name, and that's all right. I just call him by a nickname. He's ok with that.

Good luck contacting your guide.

Amy
Don't you know yet? Fling the emptiness out of your arms into the spaces we breathe. Perhaps the birds will feel the expanded air with more passionate flying. - Rainer Maria Rilke, "First Elegy" from The Duino Elegies. Trans. Stephen Mitchell

#5 mjjfan4life2

mjjfan4life2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:52 PM

Hey stellakitty! Thanks for the welcome and the info... it definatley helps me understand more about the supernatural

amymyers1973, thanks for telling about the knowing the name of my guide. I had never thought that he didnt want to give me it, or that he didnt even have one. Also, you say that you have gotten to know what kind of entity your guide is; what did you do in order to know? Besides paying attention to your own thoughts. Cause I am trying to do that but its difficult cause im only right like 60% of the time..

Wow Mystic Hippy, you actually passed while under? Twice?! Thats incredible... did they declare you dead? If you don't mind me asking, what was it that was extremely negitive about one of your scenarios?

Thanks for all your advice and help!
--Stefanie
"We are not human beings having a spiritual expirence.. We are spiritual beings have a human expirence"

#6 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:27 AM

Welcome to our Village, Stafanie. I hope you find what you're looking for here.

It's my experience that since Guides are not of human origin, they do not have names in the same way that we have them. They are also neither male or female. They will appear to us in a form that we are able to understand and they will also, in their deep love and compassion for us, give us a name that we can understand as well. They are superior beings to us and are here to help us gain knowlege of ourselves and to improve our ability to do what we are supposed to do with our life's path.

This link will take you to an old topic on meditation. It will help you to know your Guide and be able to call on them for assistance and aide.
http://www.ghostvill...=meditation 101

One's age is unimportant. One's commitment to one's self/heart is important. You don't need things like ouija boards to help you, nor do you need anything other than your Self. A lot of people use things like pendulums or cards, but they use these things to help them focus better - to concentrate on the question at hand. I have used ouija boards, but find it's too much work for me. I'd rather just let things happen. I have a pendulum that I use for focus, but certainly don't need it. Sometimes spirits/ghosts are here because of unfinished business, sometimes they are here because they don't believe they have anyplace else to go. Sometimes our grief for a person holds them to this plane and they cannot go. That is why it's important to grieve for a person when they die, but to allow an end to that grief - it lets our loved one go on to where they need to be. Especially since they can come back to us when we need them or when they wish to be near us.

Edited by Redhead, 11 March 2008 - 09:34 AM.

"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#7 mjjfan4life2

mjjfan4life2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:09 AM

Welcome to our Village, Stafanie. I hope you find what you're looking for here.

It's my experience that since Guides are not of human origin, they do not have names in the same way that we have them. They are also neither male or female. They will appear to us in a form that we are able to understand and they will also, in their deep love and compassion for us, give us a name that we can understand as well. They are superior beings to us and are here to help us gain knowlege of ourselves and to improve our ability to do what we are supposed to do with our life's path.

This link will take you to an old topic on meditation. It will help you to know your Guide and be able to call on them for assistance and aide.
http://www.ghostvill...=meditation 101

One's age is unimportant. One's commitment to one's self/heart is important. You don't need things like ouija boards to help you, nor do you need anything other than your Self. A lot of people use things like pendulums or cards, but they use these things to help them focus better - to concentrate on the question at hand. I have used ouija boards, but find it's too much work for me. I'd rather just let things happen. I have a pendulum that I use for focus, but certainly don't need it. Sometimes spirits/ghosts are here because of unfinished business, sometimes they are here because they don't believe they have anyplace else to go. Sometimes our grief for a person holds them to this plane and they cannot go. That is why it's important to grieve for a person when they die, but to allow an end to that grief - it lets our loved one go on to where they need to be. Especially since they can come back to us when we need them or when they wish to be near us.

Thanks so much for your insight
Redhead! Useing a pendulum sounds like a very good idea. I will try it and tell if it works good

#8 Seņor Hugo

Seņor Hugo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:09 PM

Finding the name of your spirit guide, or even finding your spirit guide isn't something that can really be done over the internet.

However, you can find out how to find your spirit guide online. There are several rituals and ideas for guided meditation to find your spirit guide, not to mention several books on the subject to help you find them.

However it probably is best to start off slow, start meditating by yourself once a day, then work your way up to doing a guided meditation to find the spirit guide. It's usually suggested to have someone help you with it, but you can also record your voice and play it back instead of having someone help.

Unfortunately though it doesn't work for everyone the first try, so it may take several journeys to find your spirit guide.

Now, I would give you links to find guided meditations and such, but thats half the fun of finding your spirit guide, making the journey to find information that is right for you, the other half being the journey to find your guide.

However to help along, find the book Totems by Brad Steiger. It'll give you an idea on what to do.
"I am the bridge between worlds. I have experienced life, I have experienced death, others and my own. I am a shaman."

#9 smudgeabunny

smudgeabunny

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts of coarse, collecting Victorian clothing, artist specializing in pointillism, and rabbits!!

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:05 PM

Hello Stephanie,

I have an angel board and I never used the planchette. I use a crystal pendulum to communicate with the spirits. The pendulum always works and you will be surprised how easy it is to contact spirits by this method.

Thanks

Heather

#10 mjjfan4life2

mjjfan4life2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:51 PM

Hello Stephanie,

I have an angel board and I never used the planchette. I use a crystal pendulum to communicate with the spirits. The pendulum always works and you will be surprised how easy it is to contact spirits by this method.

Thanks

Heather

Thanks for the advice Smudgeabunny. I really want to try that but do i definatley need a crystal? Did u make your angel board yourself? I am not trying to spend a whole lot of money ya know. Anyways, thanks again for your feedback, always appreciated.

--Stefanie

#11 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:49 AM

You don't need a pendulum at all. However, many people do use some sort of tool to help them focus better. For some it is a pendulum, others use cards (not necessarliy Tarot), and still others use rune stones. I even know someone who uses ordinary dominos. These items are not necessary at all. You are the vessel or the tool that the light flows through. But like I said, tools can be a wonderful way to focus your mind. I have used rune stones, dowsing rods, and oracle cards - mostly to experience using them. I purchased a pendulum last summer at a New Age Fair (I hate the term New Age but don't know what else to call it). There was a vendor with all different kinds of stones and crystals. He showed me a rack of various pendulums and told me I could handle anything as much as I liked. I tried several pendulums and then picked up one made of lapis lazuli. It began swinging in wide, deep arcs. The vendor looked at me and said "That one wants you - $10.) So it doesn't have to be crystal - that is just what smudgebunny has found to work for her. I don't use my pendulum to commune with my Guides or to do readings. I just like having it near me in case I have difficulty with focus. Meditation, Spirit communication - all those things are like everything else in your life. You have to work at it and be patient. You cannot rush something like this.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#12 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:13 AM

lol, smudgebunny? I like that. I've used a pendulum in the past as well, and they can be quite useful, but this takes time as well. I view pendulums from a different angle, but it really doesn't matter what angle or perception you come from, you'll need to gain trust before it will work properly, otherwise it won't be honest answers. And no one can tell you the future, likelyhoods, yes.. based on your behaviors and personality, but nothing is concrete... I know that's off topic but had to throw that in there.

Earthbound, I feel is all based on the state of mind of the person before or as they died.

In terms of heaven and hell, I don't want to dilute the importance of it, but I feel it too is state of mind of the spirit when it passes from the physical. If one is not bogged down in guilt, worry, or sorrow over something they should not be troubled over.. etc etc... I could go on but I think you get the idea... then that spirit could find itself in a blissful, content and free state, far away from any detection most of us have of their existence. The opposire might be true of those with those negaitve emotions and feelings.... trapped in that mode of thinking, keeping it at a closer level of "detectability" for sensatives, mediums, etc. If you think of emotions as frequencies, think of happy, joyful, content emotions as higher frequencies, resonating way out of most people's perception. The opposite of negative emotions. Low frequencies might become more noticeble to sensatives.

Or I could be spewing utter nonsense. It's just my take.

#13 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:26 AM

I've communicated with quite a few earth bound ghosts through EVP. Just about all of them either were too scared to go on, afraid that they are unworthy of God, or,maybe even sadder,they believe that they are only dreaming,stuck in a nightmare.
A good idea to do if you get a pendulum is to run it under water to "wash away" any energy that it may be holding. Some stones can hold onto energy,both good and bad,for many years.
A great place to shop for pendulums or any other tools is through azuregreen.com.
You can order online or request a catalog. They have high quality stuff and the prices are the best I've ever seen.
Good Luck! :lol:
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#14 mjjfan4life2

mjjfan4life2

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:54 PM

Hey guys I just bought a crystal and tarot cards. I am highly excited =D

#15 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:47 PM

Hehe, It's in the technique!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users