• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 WalksWithDeath

WalksWithDeath

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:53 AM

hi well your going to find this very strange it has me baffled.
i came down to Dublin to stay with my mother for the weekend as we had a marmoreal party for my cousin /it was also his wife's birthday . we laughed and cried had a great time we sent messages to him on chines lantern kites it was beautiful
i didn't get back to my mam's till about 4 in the morning.
just as i was finally falling asleep my mam starts shouting who's down there . her wind chimes had woke her up the chimes are on my dads bed-room door the only make noise when the door is open and closed so she screams I'm calling the police then pulls me out of bed and tells me there's some-one down stair's go sort them out
we knew it wasn't my dad as he's in hospital
so down i go my dads door is just glass so you can look straight into his room the door was locked all the windows were locked and there sitting on his bed side lamp is a blackbird so i told my mam open the hall-door and stand in the middle of the stairs in case it flies up there .
if any of yous have had a bird in your house you know they are panic and fly in to walls and keep hitting the celling
this is strange it sat there quietly looking at me i unlocked the bedroom door it flew at me turned and straight out the front door
how did it know when to turn
and most of all how did it get in to the bedroom which has been locked up for two weeks

#2 little turtle

little turtle

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:19 AM

Interesting. I have no idea, but I will be looking forward to reading what others think.
Posted Image

#3 mitchy334

mitchy334

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Spiritual, paranormal, new age, and other related topics.<br />Anything to do with alternative medicine and healing(empathy, therapuetic touch, reiki, etc.).

Posted 10 March 2008 - 12:52 PM

That's really interesting. I've never heard of anything like that happening before. I'll be curious to see what happens.

#4 GhostHunter3

GhostHunter3

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:36 PM

I have heard blackbirds, crows, and that sort of stuff are really just ghosts that died and came back to haunt... Whirly Dude

#5 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:54 PM

could there be a chimmea or an old closed off fireplace??
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#6 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:25 PM

According to superstions, a bird that flies into a house, foretells an important message. A blackbird on the other hand according an ancient British Belief is a messenger of the dead.

Edited by Axman, 10 March 2008 - 07:26 PM.

Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#7 biada

biada

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:21 PM

I live in a 2 story home.. My bedroom is in the middle and every morning, There would be 20 or so Crows sitting on the rooftop near my window. I usually wake up from their crows or bird calls. When I look out the window, I can see them about 1ft away from the window just sitting on the roof.

It was weird.. Can't remember if anything strange occured. Anyways, the crows haven't shown up for about a couple of years now.

Edited by biada, 10 March 2008 - 09:22 PM.

#8 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:27 PM

Blackbirds, like crows and ravens are not always messengers of the dead. It depends on the culture and one's own beliefs. Don't think this is true in Native American belief on the Crow. Don't really remember though.
Also since this black bird seemed to know it's way around the house, the first thing I thought of was maybe this bird is someone in the family's totem .
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#9 biada

biada

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:26 AM

Blackbirds, like crows and ravens are not always messengers of the dead. It depends on the culture and one's own beliefs. Don't think this is true in Native American belief on the Crow. Don't really remember though.
Also since this black bird seemed to know it's way around the house, the first thing I thought of was maybe this bird is someone in the family's totem .

Birds are actually intelligent creatures.. As seen in this youtube clip. This bird, manages to get into a store workings its way into an "automatic door" and sneak inside, grab a bag of chips, get out the store and open the bag to eat the chips..

#10 Libramoon

Libramoon

Birthday Party Streak er

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all things paranormal. I often go to haunted locations to take pictures and EVP's. I also live in an active location and have taken many pictures and EVP's in my home.<br /> I love to read just about anything and I hope one day to become a writter of both fiction and paranormal non-fiction. <br /> Our world is still a very mysterious place. We haven't even scratched the surface!

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:39 AM

I recently found a few birds in my home. After alot of searching, we found that they had made a nest in our window unit air conditioner. There was a small space just big enough for them to get through. But these were small birds. Crows can get pretty big. I'd be careful. Spooked birds have sharp claws and beaks. If one got in,then others can too.
To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he'll never know that he is dead. ~Samuel Butler~

#11 WalksWithDeath

WalksWithDeath

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:54 PM

could there be a chimmea or an old closed off fireplace??

there is an old fire place but its block up for years
i checked it
it's still cemented up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users