Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo
- - - - -

Homeland Security Ban On Infrared Cameras.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 WoodScraper

WoodScraper

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:31 AM

I found this intresting.... And disturbing .But whats the reason all of a sudden?

http://www.earthfile...ory=Environment
We must never forget who gets the credit for the freedoms we have, of which we should be eternally grateful.

#2 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:11 AM

I'm moving this to the Ghost Investigation Equipment board. I'm interested in seeing if any of the groups here have run into this issue.

FYI....you need to scroll down to see the topic in question.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#3 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:47 PM

I'd move it to the conspiracy thread...I just watched a show on reverse engineering of UFO technology and saw those MUFON drones on the show...do I believe it? Nah, I think most UFO proof is strategically placed disinformation to keep others from seeing the real technology we're developing.

It is interesting to see Eastman-Kodak isn't producing IR film, though. It's probably just a cost cut back to work out better digital concepts, and I would doubt highly they don't produce any IR film. It's still widely used in scientific and industrial applications.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#4 WoodScraper

WoodScraper

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 07:43 AM

I'd move it to the conspiracy thread...I just watched a show on reverse engineering of UFO technology and saw those MUFON drones on the show...do I believe it? Nah, I think most UFO proof is strategically placed disinformation to keep others from seeing the real technology we're developing.

It is interesting to see Eastman-Kodak isn't producing IR film, though. It's probably just a cost cut back to work out better digital concepts, and I would doubt highly they don't produce any IR film. It's still widely used in scientific and industrial applications.

I think the so called ban is a bunch of bull. Ive been looking for an I.R. filter for my Nikon digital, and in the process have seen tons of infared equip. for sale.

Though it may be different with film cameras but i doubt it.

Peace
Rick
We must never forget who gets the credit for the freedoms we have, of which we should be eternally grateful.

#5 jason82

jason82

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Music, Guitar, Reading, ghost, some movies and tv

Posted 29 May 2008 - 12:20 PM

Not sure how reliable this is...just go to ebay theres a million people selling IR stuff...we had 2 members who just bought IR equipment to...
Trust me Don't Cross the Streams!!

#6 txghost

txghost

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:07 PM

Not sure how reliable this is...just go to ebay theres a million people selling IR stuff...we had 2 members who just bought IR equipment to...

I just purchased a FujiFilm IS-1 IR camera a couple of weeks ago and had no problems. The ban does not exist!
The camera has three modes, normal, IR, and night shot. If you can fork over the $800.00 on the price tag, you have got an awesome camera.

:)

#7 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:20 PM

No ban on IR that I am aware of. i have new catalogs coming in that list various IR cameras and attachments. I will point out though that film is becoming more expensive and less used so I wouldn't be surprised to see IR film disappear soon from the consumer market simply because of falling demand. But digital IR is poised to take over, new CCD imaging chips have extended the range deeper into the IR spectrum and these may soon become available in quantity.

#8 RCPS-Jonathan

RCPS-Jonathan

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts & Paranormal

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:30 PM

Our group is loaded with IR technology. No ban exists.
Posted Image___________________________________________Jonathan WoodFounder, River Cities Paranormal Society (RCPS)Proud TAPS Family Member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users