Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Giving Ghosts Names!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Naming Ghosts

What do you think about naming ghosts?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Bparanormal

Bparanormal

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:16 PM

When we moved into the house my Mother and Sister are still in today, a sprit soon started letting us know of its presence. (late 70's early 80's)
I suggested at the time we go down to the Town Hall and search though the records to fide out who the original owners were, maybe some information as to someone passing on in the house.
My Mother did not like that idea, she has been through some rather frightening haunting's and didn't want to take a chance that calling her by name may provoke her.
As time went on we did learn that our little ghost is a girl, the family has dubbed her Junior. We also quickly came to realize she wont do any harm or even try to frighten you. She has never been malicious only mischievous.
It wasn't to long ago I asked my Mother again if we might try to find out Junior's name, she still isn't up for it.
So the name Junior has stuck.
She seems not to mind being called that, and in fact if she has done something or taken something all we have to do is say out loud "Junior pleas don't do that or Pleas give it back I really need it".

Nice!
Posted Image

#17 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:18 PM

When we moved into the house my Mother and Sister are still in today, a sprit soon started letting us know of its presence. (late 70's early 80's)
I suggested at the time we go down to the Town Hall and search though the records to fide out who the original owners were, maybe some information as to someone passing on in the house.
My Mother did not like that idea, she has been through some rather frightening haunting's and didn't want to take a chance that calling her by name may provoke her.
As time went on we did learn that our little ghost is a girl, the family has dubbed her Junior. We also quickly came to realize she wont do any harm or even try to frighten you. She has never been malicious only mischievous.
It wasn't to long ago I asked my Mother again if we might try to find out Junior's name, she still isn't up for it.
So the name Junior has stuck.
She seems not to mind being called that, and in fact if she has done something or taken something all we have to do is say out loud "Junior pleas don't do that or Pleas give it back I really need it".

Nice!

She has become part of our family now.
I think I was 12 or 13 when we moved there, that was 20 or so years ago now. Today she is less active and only reminds us of her presence once in a while.
I do still greet her, " Hi Junior, Its just me" especially if I need to drop by for one reason or another when no one is home.
This is partly because she will tattle in her own special way, letting us know if anyone has "intruded".
example: My mother went into my sisters room one day, when she wasn't home, and tried on some of the hats in her collection. When T came home that night she found herself being pelted with all of the hats my mother had tried on.
When Mom told her those were all the hats she had put on, T responded "thank goodness you didn't try on the pith helmet".

So as a result I let Junior know its ok for me to still let myself in, the family already knows I'm dropping by, as well as being concerned that she may not recognize me.
In recent years, I have found myself actually inviting her to come stay with me when I hear my sister gets annoyed with her pranks.
Now before anyone sais "noooo you shouldn't do that" I do not take that invitation lightly, She is the only ghost I have ever addressed directly and invited to come stay with me if she would like. Junior is part of the family now, and in the 20+ years of knowing her all I want is for her to be happy.

:angry:

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#18 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,361 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:33 PM

Personal choice fr each person.
Posted Image

#19 spiritalk

spiritalk

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:00 PM

Perhaps considering the earth plane as a progressive place, we would consider spirit realms also to be progressive. Giving them names, keeping them 'stuck' with you as house guests or pets, etc. does not give them progressive abilities.

Those closest to the earth plane can manipulate earth plane energies - all life is about energies. In which case, they will answer to any name and can and do confuse those truly seeking comfort from their loved ones to be taken in by false claims. They will be what you want them to be so that they can stay around.

There is fear of going into the light for many reasons. But the light is the progressive step necessary to all continuity of life.

#20 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 17 June 2008 - 03:26 PM

Just use their real name, if not its Sir / Miss / Madam. Just as you would any living person

:clap:

#21 edelweiss

edelweiss

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy reading sword and sorcery books, golfing,watching t.v.,learning new things about almost anything,and of course spending time with family and friends.<br /><br />I recently started running and working out to get myself into better shape, but that is hard because I am not a healthy eater.

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:20 PM

The question is what would you name them?

>>>Keep your head up.<<<~2 Pac

#22 shimmyparanoia

shimmyparanoia

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:25 PM

we have one...we call him bob...just what popped into our heads when he started messing with things he seems to like it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users