Vatican Updates "Sins"

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 Bluemooncat

Bluemooncat

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Art, books, creative writing, ghost stories, animals, working on my house.<br />I've been interested in ghosts for years now and have quite a collection of ghost stories, however not very many of them have happened to me. I have only a handful of personal experiances.<br />

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:10 PM

Isn't there a quote from the Bible about how God gave the care of the Earth into the hands of man?

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." Gen 1:26 (KJV)

This is the verse you speak of but most people don't know that when Adam and Eve were banished from Eden they were to become servants of the earth by working it...

"And to Adam he said, Because you gave ear to the voice of your wife and took of the fruit of the tree which I said you were not to take, the earth is cursed on your account; in pain you will get your food from it all your life. Thorns and waste plants will come up, and the plants of the field will be your food; With the hard work of your hands you will get your bread till you go back to the earth from which you were taken: for dust you are and to the dust you will go back." Gen 3:17-19 (BBE)

"So the Lord God sent him out of the garden of Eden to be a worker on the earth from which he was taken." Gen 3:23 (BBE)

Thank you, I knew it was something like that.
I do have another though, does the new "sin" about drugs actually use the phrase "mind altering drugs?" Because if that is so, they just declared anti-depressants a sin!
My cat is weirder than your cat. -bumpersticker

#32 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:40 AM

There is a problem with their wording but I personally don't give it too much thought. As mentioned before, it mostly applies to Catholicism.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users