Destination Truth

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 10 September 2009 - 05:33 PM

I did watch it last night but I am not sure what to make of the scratches on his arm. Creepy, that's for sure.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#17 Silvertongue

Silvertongue

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:reading<br />ghosts<br />history<br />writing<br />movies<br />theatre<br />

Posted 10 September 2009 - 09:34 PM

But what about how he moved?
Posted Image

#18 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:23 PM

But what about how he moved?

It's possible that he got up and ran really fast but it's hard to tell by the video as its a bit blurry.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#19 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:54 PM

I've looked at the video & can't see where he could get up that fast & basically fly through the air like he appears to.....I have no idea what happened but it looks incredible.
It's just Becca Posted Image

#20 Frogbat

Frogbat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:24 PM

I actually watched the scene in slow motion on my DVR and the only way that I could see for the guy to move like that if it was faked would be 1) If they had a rope tied to him and jerked him up and back out of the light or 2) If they had built a little ejector seat under him... and if that's the case I'd like to order one please.
I have to say that even though they never find anything I like this show. Josh Gates cracks me up and until the guy getting thrown through the air thing I've never seen them do anything that made say "They faked that" or "Did they fake it?" which unfortunately I do a lot with the Ghost Hunter shows.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.Study hard. Be evil.Posted Image

#21 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:21 PM

Last night's adventure on "The Island of the Dolls" was kinda creepy.

#22 Frogbat

Frogbat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:09 PM

Last night's adventure on "The Island of the Dolls" was kinda creepy.

I loved Josh saying "If this doll opens it's eyes I'm outta here." And then the doll's eye opening! Creepy creepy island with all those dolls all over the place!
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.Study hard. Be evil.Posted Image

#23 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:28 PM

Something about old decrepid dolls gives me the heebie-jeebies!!!

#24 Silvertongue

Silvertongue

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:reading<br />ghosts<br />history<br />writing<br />movies<br />theatre<br />

Posted 19 September 2009 - 03:24 PM

I don't think the splashes in the water near the island were anything but an animal - my first thought was a nutria. I disagree with their assessment of the three orbs caught on the FLIR (or whatever it's called). Those thinks could very well have been flashlights of people out for a walk and they wouldn't have necessarily heard them walking at all. You can't judge the distance between the lights and the camera and there are some pretty powerful flashlights manufactured these days.
Posted Image

#25 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:00 PM

Well, you have to wonder about people being curious about a film crew in the area. However, the place is a small island that's only accessible by boat. The three heat sigs they were catching could have been animals of some sort. Most of the activity they were experiencing were around the cabin/hut building.

#26 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 08:38 AM

Now...on to the episode about Chernobyl (?) That was really interesting, would love to see another team go in & investigate....maybe GHI ....and have them take turns so that they could stay in longer & see what they come up with............that place just creeps me out seeing it on tv...especially the amusement park. CREEPY stuff!!

#27 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 06:42 PM

I think the whole issue of not staying longer was the radiation levels.Last nights episode with the aliens was rather strange too. I'd like to know what the heck that corpse was that they uncovered

#28 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:54 PM

I agree Axman....I really kinda wish they would go back & show some of the results they get from the things they test. Would be interesting, especially in this case!!

#29 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:43 PM

Seems like they could have had a Chilean lab do a DNA test on that thing. If not maybe they could have taken a small tissue sample back to LA with them.

#30 donitowaya

donitowaya

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:I love to read any book I can get a hold of about how to hunt ghosts and ghost stories. I do not like horror movies but I do like to watch paranormal shows but not so much on the UFO stuff.

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:38 PM

I didn't want to start yet another thread about this show so I'm posting here. I've never watched this show before, and truthfully, didn't know it existed. One of my friends who is into the paranormal like me told me about last night's episode involving a Romanian forest. Did anyone see this episode? If so, what are your thoughts on what happened to Evan?

Hi,

I am new to this forum but I saw this episode of Destination Truth. It was fantastic. I have never seen anything like it. I felt that this footage regarding Evan was the first I have seen in a long time that truly looked real. I don't know if Evan was interviewed much afterwords by "real ghost hunters" but I think there would be a lot to learn from him if we could have had that information and the contents of the interview.

I think that the footage from that encounter in the Romanian forest is going to be much scrutinized and analyized for many years to come. I personally think it was real and not staged. But I would love to hear what everyone else thinks about the episode. I certainly have been fooled before, as I think most people have as well. One that comes to mind is the story of the Myrtles Plantation haunting and deaths caused by a slave named Chole at that plantation. Unfortunately, I discovered that the deaths supposedly caused by a slave named Chole never occurred. In fact, there was never a slave registered at that plantation by the name of Chole. Now don't get me wrong, I do think they have some paranormal activity, but the story of Chole and the "cake of death" never occurred and was made up to drum up business.

So back on the original subject, I would love to hear more on what everyone else thought of the episode by Desitination Truth in the Romanian forest.

Sincerely,
Donitowaya :)
Always Trust in the Wisdom of Wolves,Donitowaya(Spirit Wolf)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users