Destination Truth

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:36 PM

They will be in Mongolia looking for...

"Sandworms, you hate 'em? I know, I hate 'em myself!"

Yes, a Beetlejuice line!!!!
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#2 Romie

Romie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Anything Paranormal.

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:51 AM

I just Love this show! But I did miss this episode. and I really wanted to see it. my Hubby wanted to see something else. I did see last weeks. with the Big foot prints they casted. so... If anyone saw this last show please let me know.? I hate creep crawly things too. but It is so interesting.

#3 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:03 AM

It was definately a fun episode! I always feel like the show is a little unfinished and leaves me wanting more information, but I love Josh Gates and learning about all the odd beliefs/superstitions/mythology in remote parts of the world. I haven't watched the first episode of the season yet...it's still on my DVR, but I haven't been watching TV hardly at all lately!
Posted Image

#4 Romie

Romie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:22 PM

I did see those guys stick their hand down a hole. Are they nuts? ya, never know whats down there. ya might come up with no hand. I guess they already knew what was down there. But its just the thought of not knowing.

#5 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:22 PM

Probably are no real sand worms but yes, what else is down there, maybe a snake?
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#6 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:58 PM

Destination truth available http://www.youtube.c...er/GreekGuy1980
There is nothing left to say.Me

#7 Romie

Romie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:19 PM

Thanks Seeker, I'll check it out.

#8 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:29 PM

I checked it out myself and really liked it. I find very little TV to be worth watching but, I think I am going to add it to my DVR list. You can tell its the same producers as GH but I would sure rather be ghost hunting, -20 in the desert in the middle of the night doesnt appeal to me. :)

Edited by Seeker, 16 March 2008 - 08:30 PM.

#9 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:13 PM

OK been watching destination truth, the shows themselves have lost a bit of their luster but Josh is getting more and more attractive. :headbang:

#10 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:21 PM

OK been watching destination truth, the shows themselves have lost a bit of their luster but Josh is getting more and more attractive. :lol:

The way I see the show is that the story is presented, then they go to the location to have a look around, offer up a handful of rational explanations and examine the evidence accordingly. It's no frills and I really like it that way.

#11 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:47 PM

Not intended as a complaint, still on a very short DVR list.

#12 TAPSfan

TAPSfan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:09 PM

The episodes I've seen have been pretty interesting, even if what they are investigating seems far fetched lol.

#13 Axman

Axman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:15 PM

Yes, a lot of the creatures are far fetched but that's what the show is about. Aside from the giant anaconda episode, that is. There have been anacondas recorded that exceed 50 feet in length. Notice Josh's expressions when they are questioning eyewitnesses. He's almost saying, "Yeah, right!"

#14 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:10 AM

The giant anaconda episode was for me, VERY tense. See, I can actually believe that there are larger snakes than have been found so far. Maybe not to the size of the legends, but BIG none the less. And knowing what IS known in the Amazon, watching them jump into the river to wrestle out what turned out to be a 15 foot boa stopped my heart for a second. Same with the realization that on the edge of their base camp was a highly toxic snake stalking a bird (which never moved....weird).

All in all, I do like the show, I've been watching it online. It's really enjoyable and I get to learn about possible creatures and legends from parts of the world I'm totally unfamiliar with.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#15 Silvertongue

Silvertongue

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:reading<br />ghosts<br />history<br />writing<br />movies<br />theatre<br />

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:59 PM

I didn't want to start yet another thread about this show so I'm posting here. I've never watched this show before, and truthfully, didn't know it existed. One of my friends who is into the paranormal like me told me about last night's episode involving a Romanian forest. Did anyone see this episode? If so, what are your thoughts on what happened to Evan?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users