Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 05:57 PM

not in years
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#18 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 02:07 AM

The ghosts followed the Amittyville people to their new house? I wasn't aware of that. Do you know of a website that would tell the tale of their experiences after they left Amittyville?

BB, Ana
Don't be a newt!

#19 bizkithill

bizkithill

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 01:44 PM

i was under the impression that whole story was a work of fiction by jay anson??

#20 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 05:07 AM

That's the topic up for debate really. Although, supposedly, the store is based on SOME measure of truth. Who really knows? But it sure makes for a cool story.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#21 bizkithill

bizkithill

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 02:39 PM

yeah it was agreat story

http://www.castleofs...llehorror3.html

#22 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 21 April 2004 - 02:32 PM

good story but when you look at the lutzes story, the movie, the book and then what really happened, its a huge hoax. although i do like the movie.
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#23 MirkwoodMaiden

MirkwoodMaiden

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 11:15 PM

I think it was the Ronald DeFeo'S lawyer trying to get DeFeo off on an insanity plea and he employed the Lutz' in making all these claims that would back up their story.

Apparently the owners of the house now have had no paranormal activity happen whatsoever.

#24 PoconoMouse

PoconoMouse

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 01:15 PM

I don't know if it was a hoax or not but I do know some about the house in West Pittston, PA. We have gone by that house several times and have gotten some really freaky pictures last month.

#25 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 01:20 PM

I don't think it was a hoax..I'm working on getting info on a house built on an Indian cemetery that is haunted in westport ma and it has alot the same stuff

#26 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 10 May 2004 - 04:12 PM

i've been reading up on the amityville horror hoax. pretty much, its a hoax. the lutzes were obviously looking to make a quick buck by exploiting the houses grisly past.

on to my question. i'm intrigued by poconomouse's mention of another cursed house. any info on that one?

and there's a rumor floating around that there's ANOTHER amityville horror movie coming out. god PLEASE not that!
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#27 PoconoMouse

PoconoMouse

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 06:49 PM

i've been reading up on the amityville horror hoax. pretty much, its a hoax. the lutzes were obviously looking to make a quick buck by exploiting the houses grisly past.

on to my question. i'm intrigued by poconomouse's mention of another cursed house. any info on that one?

and there's a rumor floating around that there's ANOTHER amityville horror movie coming out. god PLEASE not that!

I know of people who either lived on that street and new the family or knew someone who did that said it was real. They tried exorcisms several times that was said to have all failed. We drove by the house and took some pictures and the first picture we took had several freaky faces in the window and several orbs. We had horrible negative energy vibes when we went the first time. Next time we went, nothing came up on film and it felt normal. It is very interesting to say the least. They also had a book and movie and they aired the movie last night on Sci-Fi. It was nothing compared to the book.

#28 PoconoMouse

PoconoMouse

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 06:51 PM

I forgot to add that I live only 5 minutes away from this house in the Pocono's.

#29 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interests are reading and writing. I also love to research my genealogy and love to research other little historical people or events that catch my attention. I am really getting into homespun crafts and have recently learned howe to weave a basket, make my own paper and am currently learning to carve wood. <br /><br />I am married (10 years in 2006) and have two daughters who will be 10 and 8 in 2006. We all enjoy hanging around outside in our own yard, but also are fond of grabbing a South Carolina map, looking at it and saying &quot;this looks like a cool place&quot; and we will take off and drive there. <br /><br />I also enjoy meeting other people and learning about other places and cultures and have a few penpals that I am trying to be better at writing to regularly.

Posted 11 May 2004 - 04:20 PM

I haven't read the article at the link posted, and didn't read any post (except the first one) because I wanted to write un-biasedly.  I have read the books of Amityville (and, yes, watched the movies...they are good as far as horror goes).  

Here's what I believe:  Ronald DeFeo really did kill his family in that house, that is an undisputed fact.  I have a book that has excerpts of the court hearing in it.  Whether or not he made up all the stuff about hauntings and voices is debatable.  But, others have witnessed weird occurrences and I have even heard of neighbors reporting seeing/hearing weird things.  I know that the movies exaggerate the story, they always do.  You CANNOT watch a movie for historical fact (that's why the History channel was invented).  But Ronald DeFeo did kills his family and that alone is worth a haunting or two, 4 (or was it 5?) people all died violently and unexpectedly in one house.  

There are thoeries about indian burial grounds, buried pirate treasure, a "hell-mouth" of sorts, and many many other ideas about why the horror is there.  I don't know if it was there before and infected Ronald or if Ronald caused it.  But I do know that I believe it is haunted.  I have heard that the land no longer has a house on it because the last one was destroyed and no one ever wanted to build there.  My friend and I are DETERMINED to go there some day and check it out for ourselves.
Believe and you will be rewarded~Check out my newest release: Magick for the Kitchen WitchVisit my site http://seakla.tripod.com for an autographed copy or purchase it at any online bookstore [

#30 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 04:23 PM

good luck on that seakla. the amityville town board are real anal about people tramping around there. and the original house is still standing and is likely to for years more. the people who live there now haven't reported anything  weird going on, have completely remodeled the house and the house number has been changed.

i still stand by my statement that the lutzes were looking to make a quick buck off the slayings of a family and embroidering a couple of hauntings along the way but to each his own, eh?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users