57 replies to this topic

#31 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 11:12 PM

How could someone listen to kaplan??

Ed Warren offered him $5000 to show him the hoax evidence, yet Kaplan declined. When Ed Warren asked how Kaplan had conducted his investigation, Kaplan couldn’t even specify what equipment he’d used. Somehow, he managed to lie his way out of every possible detail.
Ultimately, a Babylon, NY radio station made Mr. Kaplan apologize to the Warrens because they’d uncovered that Kaplan had fabricated the hoax rumor. Kaplan said on the radio program, I will never go against the Warrens again.

here read the whole story
[ftp]http://www.prsne.com/notorious_amityville.htm[/ftp]

Who else was there thats says its a hoax

#32 bizkithill

bizkithill

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 12:49 PM

hhhmmmm never heard of that before what site is that?...even say it is true what about the successive residents of the house having no experiences at all?

#33 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 12:55 PM

This was from John Zaffis site he was there. I don't think that place is really  haunted anymore. one reason they got rid of the old furniture and two i think they followed the lutzes out of there and left

#34 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 01:37 PM

I can't recall for the life of me where I read it, but there was a piece written by the priest that was called to the Warren's home. He doesn't discount that wierd things happened at their house but says he personally never witnessed any of them, even though the Warren's say differently in their book. Then again, it's been YEARS since I've researched Amityville, so I'll be the first to say I'm not entirely certain. It's just something I vaguely remember. Regardless, that house creeps me out.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#35 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 04:08 PM

I'm lost about what the priest said too

#36 deadzone

deadzone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Interests:I am a Clinical Psychologist, who uses a non-linear approach to helping individuals....Hence, my healthy obsession with the paranormal.....I enjoy debating, research, writing, plays, theater, designing web sites, and graphics, although not well versed in this area, I have fun doing it. I Adore animals and have several, a cat named Cuda, a dog named Skeeter, a horse named Diablo, a betta who fights with himself. I also paint, and blow glass......

Posted 28 June 2004 - 09:52 PM

Fact or Fiction????  
A little of both, a horrific event took place in that home, young children were murdered, a father and mother, I would say disgruntled spirits could indeed leave their imprints in the house...Lets put this in a more humanistic light...Forget all the media, all the money involved, all the huppla, we sometimes forget the innocent lives that were taken, the force behind the crime itself.
Posted Image

#37 gowie2hotty

gowie2hotty

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 09:44 AM

ALso George Lutz took and passed a lie detector test about the house.   HE has said to me on numerous occasions that Jay Anson took a lot of liberties and so did the film about what happened in the house.  George will not even speak about what happened the last night in the house...because of how horrid it was.  The family left ALL of their possesions...Including all of their personal items. Even for all the money in the world Most would not leave behind a lot of the things that are important to them.  And Kaplan refuses to show his evidence or how he got it...George has no trouble going anywhere to speak on what happened.  
Come Check out Jason Gowin online at - http://www.jasongowin.com

#38 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 01 August 2004 - 08:44 PM

great post,deadzone.I agree

ghosthuntergow, yes they did pass a lie detector test and the police reported furniture being moved bye it self

#39 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 10:09 AM

It was all a hoax. Here's the link to the other post on the board where this has been discussed:

http://www.ghostvill...cations;action= display;num=1069113109;start=60

No matter WHERE you post it, it was a hoax.

Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#40 deadzone

deadzone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Interests:I am a Clinical Psychologist, who uses a non-linear approach to helping individuals....Hence, my healthy obsession with the paranormal.....I enjoy debating, research, writing, plays, theater, designing web sites, and graphics, although not well versed in this area, I have fun doing it. I Adore animals and have several, a cat named Cuda, a dog named Skeeter, a horse named Diablo, a betta who fights with himself. I also paint, and blow glass......

Posted 03 August 2004 - 10:43 AM

The problem with internet sites when reseaching anything paranormal, is fruitless, unless it has been proven beyond fact, for as many "this is a hoax" site, there are positive for "this really happened"...I have stated my opinion a few posts above.  In order to verify whether this was a hoax or not, a new investigation would have to unfold, interviews, makes it difficult when some of the individuals involved are dead...I am more interested as to why this young man killed this family, what are his thoughts today about this, has he any remorse, does he still maintain something evil encouraged this violent action..Hoax or not, we still have unanswered questions, as to his motives, something he may very well take to his grave...
Posted Image

#41 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 03 August 2004 - 10:49 AM

a new investigation? well....... but what about the "freshness" of the events? what about the facts that would have been dead and gone long ago!
Posted Image

#42 deadzone

deadzone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 10:59 AM

My point, MOON...The beauty of humans (or should be) is their diverse opinions, I will never say anything is a hoax, unless, I know this to be fact, because in doing so it throws doubt on my own experiences, where I was the only witness. Thats just the way of the peaceful warrior. :)
Posted Image

#43 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:09 AM

The Silent Warrior perhaps ;D

lol yeah, if everyone have the same views, then what is the thrill in living. But a few are privilleged to KNOW.
Posted Image

#44 deadzone

deadzone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 11:16 AM

Indeed.....:)
Posted Image

#45 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 03:11 PM

LOL I took both sides of this issue and I'm still not really sure. some people say the Lutzes said that it was mostly not true under oath but i can't find that online anywhere just the Ronald DeFeo Jr saying that he hear voices in his head for an insanity plea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users