Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Hello! Need helpful advice about experiences.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Black Kitty

Black Kitty

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:07 AM

Hello! This is my first post here and I was wondering if I could get some advise from wiser, more experienced folk.

I've had a number of odd experiences through the years and, thinking back, I'm not sure what to make of them.

In no particular order, here's a few of them:

On a number of occasions I've stood near people and known - just known - death was near them. This wouldn't be unusual, considering the setting I work in, but the people involved are never particularly unwell and their passing is always a surprise. I'm never alarmed by the feeling I get, it's just there in the room. But I never get this feeling with people who are known to be dying or really unwell before they pass. Odd, isn't it?

Certain places really affect me mood wise. I went to the new local art gallery a while back and felt inexplicably hopeless and depressed for a week. (The art wasn't that bad!) Then I found out by chance it was built on a site where convicts were frequently mistreated. (This has happened a number of times in different places and in different cities, as well). If I know the area has a history or is know to be haunted I'll get nothing. If I don't know a thing about the area, it's like a little radar goes on.

I've had a number of experiences where I'll pick up a sense from a room, a building or an object (good or bad) but only at random. For example, I walked into a particular shop in a restored building once and could feel someone really nasty was there. (They were still there last time I went into that shop - they have lovely things in that store but I won't touch their gear because of this 'person').

A different time and city, I had an isolated bushtrack I would go for walks on, and I could always sense someone indigenous who came walking with me. They were lovely - very kind and protective - and always a few steps behind me. I'd spend most of the walk spinning around to see them because the sense of the person was so strong. They seemed really nice.

Then there's other stuff. Several years ago, I was pulling out of my street onto a main road and saw a car speeding up behind me in my rear vision mirror. Then it just vanished. Ten minutes later, further down the road I was rear ended by a car and, you guessed it, it was the same car I saw in the mirror. (I've never told anyone about that one).

I could go on with dozens of stories, some a bit freaky, but will spare you!

Another weird thing is: twice this year, my front door has opened by itself. The first time was New Years Day and then a couple of weeks ago. Both times I was sitting nearby working at a new project I have. The door has got a deadlock on it, was completely locked both times, and has done nothing like this previously in the 3 years I've been here - even during wild storms!. Both times I felt strangely tingly and what I can only describe as 'amused' by whatever did it, not alarmed at all. What was that about??

Am I just being silly? Or is this something I should be trying to work on on some level?

Thanks for any help! ;)
Black Kitty

#2 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:30 PM

Hi Black Kitty ;)

Welcome to GV

Thanks for sharing your experiences !

It sounds to me that you are an empath / sensitive which is how I define myself too !
It can get you down a bit sensing all this emotion whether good or bad, as you do doubt your own self.

Do you hear as well ?

Mark :clap:

#3 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:09 PM

Welcome to Ghost Village Black Kitty! You sound to me like a normal person. Just kidding!
I agree with Mark about you being a "sensitive". Myself, I don't go to shopping malls.
Now you'll have to figure out how to put this to good use. Only if you want to though.
Good luck on your quest of discovery.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#4 Black Kitty

Black Kitty

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:32 PM

Thanks guys! And hello back! ;)

Well, I'm quite astonished to be honest.

I wouldn't have called myself an empath under any circumstances. I'm quite reclusive for a start. I hate crowds because they leave me feeling freaked out! I thought I was just anti-social! But after doing some cursory reading apparently that's 'normal'.

Mark, I do hear things but only rarely. I more often feel 'people' touching me. (I was crossing a road once and hand grabbed my jacket and pulled me back from the path of a speeding car. Yep, you guessed it - nobody there when I turned around to thank them).

Interestingly, I hate 'real' people touching me or standing too close. Is that mad?

I'd love to explore this further, and as you say Puti 'put it to good use'. Any suggestions about a good place to start?

Thanks!

#5 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:53 PM

Hi Black Kitty and welcome to Ghostvillage. You have found the right place for answers. I would say to read, read, read the message boards and you'll find most of the questions you have are answered somewhere. I'm a big advocate on reading books on the subject. You can go to any large bookstore or a local metaphysical bookstore and find a huge selection on all the subjects that interest you.

As Mark said you sound to be an empath, a sensitive. That doesn't mean that's all you are though, but it's a great place to start. Like Puti said, many, if not most empaths, get overwhelmed by crowded places like malls and become very anxious. There is just too much stimuli in places like that; too many feelings and it gets overwhelming at times. Just always trust your instincts and intuition and that will take you a long way.

From your wording, it sounds as if you are from Australia or some place near there? Maybe the "indiginous" person you feel behind you is your spirit guide? If you meditate you may want to try asking who is with you when you go walking and if they are the one giving you the warnings and feelings you get. Just a thought. I do that and then I listen for what I hear. Sometimes you will think it is your own imagination, but if you listen carefully you will notice the words you hear are not your own, though in your voice.

I hope that was helpful, and please read the boards as you will certainly find answers you seek as well as a host of other very interesting information.
Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#6 Black Kitty

Black Kitty

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:37 PM

Hello Kira, I was thinking that the Message Boards would be a wealth of good info for the novice, so thanks for confirming that!

I am in Australia (sorry, I should have said that!). An interesting thought about Spirit Guides. Although, Indigenous Autralians aren't known to be spirit guides for non-Aboriginals. They tend to keep that connection for people of their own culture, as I understand it. I think my chap was just a kind soul who was keeping an eye on someone out in the bush alone. At least that's what it felt like to me. I only ever noticed him in that one place.

I shall head off for a peruse of the boards!

Thank you!

#7 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:48 PM

Oh no, you certainly do not have to tell anyone where you are from. I just picked it up from the wording you used.

Hope you find the information you are looking for. People here are very helpful which you will see if you stick around.

Have fun reading...........there's a lot to take in.
Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#8 Kayla Burt

Kayla Burt

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:57 AM

Hey Black Kitty! :P

You're not alone! I've experienced almost everything you've said! Especially in my line of work (I'm a CNA in a geriatric rehab center.) and I used to really freak myself out thinking "Wow. He's gonna die any minute and I really hate it." And then the patient WOULD pass away. I actually felt guilty at one point, like I was MAKING it happen or something. *lol* But now I know better. I think THEY know when they're ready and some how I just get a glimpse into what they're feeling.

But I think you're at the right place. I was so unsure and almost frightened by everything I was experiencing but I've talked to some very KIND people here!!!

Best of luck, dear! :hug:
--- *Kayla Burt*myspace.com/amberlouise328

#9 zodiacqueen

zodiacqueen

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:49 PM

;)

Hello and welcome,
I'm relatively new to this site but have found it a wealth of information and also it is good to hear that I'm not alone in experiencing things.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. You sound like an extraordinary person because you related everything in a very calm manner.

All the best
Zodiacqueen

#10 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 05 June 2008 - 09:25 PM

Black Kitty

I would agree with those who have already said, you have a talent.
From the few incidences you describe, to me it sounds a gift, I do hope it is to you as well and not a burden.

Being new here myself I cant say I truly know people but if I were pressed to direct you to someone who would likely understand your gift, Mark London, after reading through his accounts it seems he has a gift similar to yours.

M

P.S. I hope I haven't over stepped any boundary. Pleas accept my apologies Mark, if I have.

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#11 snow690

snow690

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:08 AM

interesting stuff.... but everyone is an empath whether they know it or not... its more like everyone transfers their feelings....but you are more open and know what it going on so you feel alot more than joe feel. i do believe what you are saying though, ive had several occasions where stuff happened i couldn't explain until recently

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users