I'm looking for any opinions or advice!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kayla Burt

Kayla Burt

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:52 PM

My ENTIRE life I have seen things which I and my family believe are spirits. Even as a child, I had an abnormal amount of "imaginary" friends. My aunt and I have been very close my since I was born because we aren't that many years apart. It seems like everytime we're together, the paranormal activity around us is stronger. I lived with her for a few months over the summer to help her around the house after she had multiple surgeries and neither of us could believe how crazy it was! We would have identical thoughts from across the house and the spiritual activity was more and more everyday. She is much more advanced than me. She can tell what an energy is (spirit, demon, etc. ) and can tell if it's male or female with good or bad intent. I can only feel a presence and I can only correctly identify them if its someone I knew before death. We researched our family history and asked lots of questions at a national family reunion a few years ago. Turns out, our namesakes were said to be Mediums in France and were sentenced to death. But one of them was the Queen's doctor so she sent the family to America to avoid execution.

Is it possible this is something in my blood?

And is it stronger with my aunt because we have some kind of bond deeper in the mind than we know?

If I can see, hear and feel these things, is there a way I can become more in-tuned and control it?

I also have dreams that are somewhat prophetic and on more than one occasion I've heard people call my name that weren't around and when I contact them, they were hurt or upset.

I also believe that spirits contact me in dreams. I've asked spirits questions before and talked to my deceased loved ones at their graves. Later, they would come to me in dreams and SPECIFICALLY answer my questions and my husband says when I have these dreams, sometimes my eyes are open and I talk out loud and it's almost like I'm in a trance.

I sometimes also hear voices or sounds that no one else in the room will hear. I'm not just crazy, right?

I had a tarot reading once and the reader told me that I have a strong power but until I I know how to use it, it's almost useless. A very old minister told me that he believed I have a pure white light that the dead can see. Has anyone else heard of this before?

I'm open for any opinions, advice, answers, anything!!!
--- *Kayla Burt*myspace.com/amberlouise328

#2 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:23 PM

Hi Kayla,
Welcome to Ghostvillage. First I want to say you are not crazy and are not alone. Second, you have come to the right place; many of us here experience some or all of what you are describing on a regular basis. I hope you will read the boards so you can see how not alone you are.

Psychic ability is shared/had by everyone, but for some people it comes more naturally with no practice. Others have to work very hard at it. Please get a copy of the book called "Psychic Development for Beginners" by William Hewitt. You will find it very helpful.

To answer some of your questions:
Yes, it does run in families. My grandmothers, mother, father, myself and my daughter all share these abilities. My dad doesn't believe it though, but I think he is the most psychic of all.

Yes, it is stronger when you are with another person who is also psychic. My daughter and I have complete conversations without saying a word and we always finish each others' sentences. I have heard her ask me for something, gotten it, and then she would say, thanks mom, I was just about to ask you for that.

Yes, you can learn to control it through meditation and reading books on the subject. Just go to your local metaphysical shop or big bookstore and go to the metaphysical section and you'll find books on all aspects of psychic ability, communicating with spirit guides and angels, etc.

I have spoken with my dead relatives and other dead people, so you are not alone there either.

Yes, some people are beacons for spirits. We are like lighthouses and they find us. It is important to protect yourself by envisioning your whole body enveloped in white light.

If you have more questions I can help you. Just click on my name and click send message and ask me anything you wish. I'll do the best I can.

Best of luck to you and I want to repeat that you are not crazy at all.

Kira

Edited by Kira, 15 March 2008 - 10:24 PM.

The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#3 Kayla Burt

Kayla Burt

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:39 AM

Thanks so much Kira! :P
--- *Kayla Burt*myspace.com/amberlouise328

#4 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:37 AM

Welcome, Kayla. Your post made me chuckle just a little. Yes there is something in the blood. I really think that sensetivities are inherited. My mother came from a very large family. Each of her siblings had certain abilities that were accepted as just a part of them. I hear many of my cousins tell stories of when they were first out on their own and having a hard time with something or other. Before long their parent would call on the phone to ask what was wrong or to tell them what was wrong and what to do about it. I can remember many a time when one of her siblings would come to my mother to find something out or to help with a decison because they trusted her inner eye so well. My father, for instance, never bought a different car without first getting my mother's approval. The one time he didn't listen to her he ended up with a lemon that really cost him a lot of money. (And she never let him forget that, redhead that she was...)
Just enjoy what you have with your grandmother. You'll always have this - even when she is no longer here, so you'll never have to be without her.

Edited by Redhead, 16 March 2008 - 10:38 AM.

"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#5 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:40 AM

Kayla,

You are most welcome! I hope you'll stick around because it sounds like you have a lot of great experiences to share with us. I love hearing about others' experiences as I learn from each and every one of them. They also confirm to me that I am not alone, even though I don't need the reassurance, it's nice to read what others have gone through.

It is also a possibility that you are an Indigo. Have you heard of Indigos and Crystals? Many of the children being born now are called/termed Crystals, while those of us born from the late 50s through late 80s are Indigos. Our children, if born in the 90s to now are or may be Crystals. Often they are very intuitive, don't do well in school and are labeled with learning disabilities such as ADD, ADHD, Oppositional Defiance Disorder, etc because they question everything and end up exasperating their teachers and parents. I am going back to school in June to become cross-certified as a Special Education teacher (I am already a certified high school History/social studies teacher) because my mission as an Indigo is to work with other Indigo adults and Crystal children. They just learn differently than our schools currently teach them. Doctors and parents are too quick to label them because they don't know how to reach them, so they put them on drugs. Yet the vast majority are brilliant and just need to be taught in a different way that reaches them. They are creative and "see" and "know" things that others do not. It's as if they are literally seeing the world through a different lense than the rest. They also have a deeper wisdom than other children their own age, but that is knocked out of them unless they have parents who understand. Sadly the public schools know nothing about this. Hopefully it will come to light in the next 10 years and we will stop drugging them! These kids just need to be outside a lot and they need to be near nature and animals as much as possible. They will often say things like "I can talk to the trees, or the animals told me...." My daughter is like that. She is an animal whisperer and some of her spirit guides are horses, cats, unicorns and pegasus'.

Anyway, I hope I haven't thrown too much at you, but I just wanted to share that. So if you haven't heard of Indigos and Crystals and would like to learn more, you can Google "Indigo and Crystal Children and Adults," and my mentor, "Julie Beth Rosenshein" who is called "The Indigo Doc" and has written a book called "The Highly Sensitive Kids Guide."

Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#6 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:31 AM

There is a psychic named Sonia Choquette (at least that is how I think the last name is spelled) who has several books out, including one that details how she developed her abilities and how her mother was psychic, etc. There are some great bits of information that might be useful to you.
Actually, just going to the library will get you going on a lot of great books on this subject.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users