Learning Control

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 UnwillingImmortal

UnwillingImmortal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:I just want to learn. That and keeping from tearing myself apart or going mad

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:10 PM

Where to begin...I'm a hereditary empath (with a few other odds and ends). It's strong on both side of my family. My problem is that my empathy is strong enough that if I'm not constantly keeping it in check, and keeping my walls up, everything that people are feeling (and sometimes thinking) floods through my mind and tears me away from myself.

So I have to block out the world and control my emotions with an iron fist. This has led to some rather nasty repercussions. I don't feel emotions the way most people do. they're mutes and distant. But I siphon off of other people to get my "fix". I only truly feel the world through others. but this has led to outright emotional and spiritual vampireism. when I don't pay attention I tend to drain the area around me and the people in it.

There's more, but I'm not sure if if it is attached to my talent or just a splintered psyche.
Help? Suggestions? Any sort of advice?
By Blood and Soul we are bound.

#2 magik62

magik62

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Graphic design, evps, the strange and weird.

Posted 12 October 2008 - 03:07 PM

There is no easy answer. People such as ourselves can never lead normal lives, though meditation can help. In the end though, it comes down to self control and not letting to much of the world rush in and flood your pysche.

#3 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:I am a writer, a wife, a mother of 3, a grandmother of 5, an empathic psychic, and use my empathy to connect with both the living and those of spirit. I had a very near death experience in May 2008 that has brought me back to my paranormal life.<br />I love to travel. To camp. To visit museums, zoos and aquariums. I love to learn about people and places. I have a degenerative bone and muscle disease and expect to be in a wheelchair by the end of 2009 but I love Disney World and amusement parks. I love boating on quiet lakes and seeing sunsets and sunrises. I love hearing from others so write me if you'd like because as a writer I can never know too many interesting people.

Posted 21 November 2008 - 03:21 PM

;) This may be a very old post but as an empathin medium you are not alone. I sometimes get lost in negitive emotions to the point I would have drowned myself when I was a girl if a good freind hadn't had my back so I know where youi are speaking from.

Sharon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users