Looking for Hauntings in Myrtle Beach/Georgetown Area

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pfled

Pfled

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:1. Making my son smile<br />2. Investigating and researching places of alleged paranormal activity<br />3. Hiking<br />4. Cooking

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:38 AM

Hi All,

I need a little help from my fellow GVers. I will be visiting a friend next week in the Myrtle Beach/Georgetown area of South Carolina. My friend is very interested in learning how to investigate the paranormal and asked if I could take him on an investigation. He told me of some Ghost Tours in the area but I am hesitant only because they pretty much whip you in and out of those places so fast one can not perform a decent investigation.

What I am trying to find is a fairly quiet place where we can spend a few hours walking around the site, preferably a public place so we do not need to go through the lengths of getting permission and such.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,

-Pfled
"So even if you can't see it, you can still believe in it.It's easier if you lose all the things that prevent you from seeing it."-The Resistance by the Sam Roberts Band

#2 Pfled

Pfled

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:1. Making my son smile<br />2. Investigating and researching places of alleged paranormal activity<br />3. Hiking<br />4. Cooking

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:35 PM

Bumping this only because I am going back to visit my friend this April and would like to get some input.
"So even if you can't see it, you can still believe in it.It's easier if you lose all the things that prevent you from seeing it."-The Resistance by the Sam Roberts Band

#3 Jeff S

Jeff S

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:59 PM

Doesn't seem like there is too much going on in the Myrtle Beach area. I take this with a grain of salt but according to the shadowlands Ocean Pier One in North Myrtle Beach is supposed to be haunted. There have been claims of items dissapearing, strange electrical problems, items moving around and things of that nature. Georgetown seems to be a little more interesting. I like checking out cemeteries myself and it seems that they have a few to look into. Berlin Methodist Church, Litchfield Plantation and also Prince Frederick's Church/Graveyard are alledged haunted locations in Georgetown. The plantation is said to be haunted by its former owner. Not sure if it is open to the public though. Prince Frederick's Church is said to be haunted by confederate soldiers and an Overseer of slaves who fell off of the bell tower. Sounds interesting.

#4 drflavio309

drflavio309

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:08 PM

Doesn't seem like there is too much going on in the Myrtle Beach area. I take this with a grain of salt but according to the shadowlands Ocean Pier One in North Myrtle Beach is supposed to be haunted. There have been claims of items dissapearing, strange electrical problems, items moving around and things of that nature. Georgetown seems to be a little more interesting. I like checking out cemeteries myself and it seems that they have a few to look into. Berlin Methodist Church, Litchfield Plantation and also Prince Frederick's Church/Graveyard are alledged haunted locations in Georgetown. The plantation is said to be haunted by its former owner. Not sure if it is open to the public though. Prince Frederick's Church is said to be haunted by confederate soldiers and an Overseer of slaves who fell off of the bell tower. Sounds interesting.

I spent 3 weeks working oer there last year and the litchfield plantation is a great place!!! not sure if you would need to call them first or not it is a b&b
http://www.litchfieldplantation.com/
there is the link was supposed to take wife back over there ... but haven't as yet.....
the dr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users