• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 SupernaturalShasta

SupernaturalShasta

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:48 AM

i was just curious to know more about this hour-3:00AM seems to be most actitvie in paranormal so i've heard, or the hour of the devil? i know i've had was bizare experiances in this hour, and just want to the the story of it al, i feel i weird connection!..causei was born at 3:05AM and all..i drawn to this hour, and been up al night and i love to sleep or stay hidden in the day, my friends call me nocturnal and stuff...lol

#2 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:26 AM

Sliding this down to General Board.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#3 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:14 AM

Hi SupernaturalShasta...welcome to GV, if I haven't said it already!

I think the belief is that Jesus Christ's moment of death was 3:00 pm, and so the exact opposite of that would be 3:00 am, hence the devil's hour when demonic activity peaks. I don't necessarily believe that this time truly has any significance...I tend to think it's all individual from experience to experience. But I look forward to seeing if anyone else has any different views on this notorious hour!

Hope you're enjoying the forum!
Posted Image

#4 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:45 AM

I think the most significance about the hour of 3 am is that it is usually the coldest part of the night, and probably has the most moisture in the air. It is a common belief that ghosts and spirits are attracted to water, and the water in the air may allow them to manifest in a stronger manner than at other times. Just a possibility.

As far as Jesus dying at 3 pm, that may be, but with as much as our governments have messed around with changing time I can't think that has much significance any more. In the words of the '60's rock band The Guess Who: "Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody care?"
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:37 AM

I was told that 3:00 AM is when it is very quiet - most people are home in bed then - so there is very little noise or movement to distract you. You are able to notice things more, in other words.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#6 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:01 AM

It's also the end of the "witching Hour", which is supposed to start at midnight.

*agres with Redhead* Much more towards 4am and those pesky birds begin chirping... I love Spring!

#7 rediva

rediva

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:11 PM

I think the most significance about the hour of 3 am is that it is usually the coldest part of the night, and probably has the most moisture in the air. It is a common belief that ghosts and spirits are attracted to water, and the water in the air may allow them to manifest in a stronger manner than at other times. Just a possibility.

As far as Jesus dying at 3 pm, that may be, but with as much as our governments have messed around with changing time I can't think that has much significance any more. In the words of the '60's rock band The Guess Who: "Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody care?"

Im with Ravenhecate- With Daylight savings time I do not believe that there is really any difference. If that was the case then this past DST at 3am would be actually 4am and 2am would actually be 3am- Does that make a difference or do spirits have a concept of time? Something to ponder on.

Rediva

#8 Casshern

Casshern

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:30 PM

I found out about the 3am thing through the 'Exorcism of Emily Rose'. It's an interesting notion, just one I wouldnt really think much of -- as has been said (trying saying that 3 times fast!) who knows the exact time anymore?

#9 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 27 March 2008 - 07:36 PM

I have heard that it is supposed to be that at the moment of Christ's death, that was the one brief moment when God looked the other way. Personally, I feel that spirit activity can happen anytime even at noon. I have had more experiences at 1:00 am than any other time but then, isn't it 3:00 somewhere?

BTW, "Does Anybody Really Know What Time it is?" was a 70's song from the band Chicago. :blush:

Edited by Axman, 27 March 2008 - 07:37 PM.

Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#10 amymyers1973

amymyers1973

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Member of the Small Town Ghosts investigation team.<br />Metaphysics, New Age, Occult, Religion, Mythology, Psychology, Science. Literature, Movies, Music, Beads, Tribal Style Belly Dancing.

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:42 PM

Eh, it seems to be the new fad in paranormal investigation. Talking about the evil significance of 3 AM will get you on TV shows, interviews on late night radio shows, and sell a few books. Personally, I don't think there's anything special to it. Like others said, spirit activity can happen at any time.

"Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody care?"

I agree. And let me add, "Time is an illusion. Lunch time doubly so."

Amy
Don't you know yet? Fling the emptiness out of your arms into the spaces we breathe. Perhaps the birds will feel the expanded air with more passionate flying. - Rainer Maria Rilke, "First Elegy" from The Duino Elegies. Trans. Stephen Mitchell

#11 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:59 PM

Spirit activity can happen at any time of day or night.
During the night we do notice them more because it is silent. There is a lot to be said for the air and its electricity, density and moisture too can be all factors at night. I do believe that the air and energy of the spirit need to be right for them to manifest.

I have done a lot of investigations during the day, two of my best shots were during the day, both had full body apparitions, and were not pareidolia. I have also had spirits in my home do some rather mischievious things to me during the day. I have been able to communicate with spirits during the day too. So, like I said spirits are active at any time really.
It has been over the stories in history that we assume they are more active at night.

Les
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#12 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:44 AM

I've had the 3 AM phenomenon my whole life, although not every night. Perhaps it's about the time we leave REM or are more sensitive to paranormal influences.

Carlotta
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#13 SupernaturalShasta

SupernaturalShasta

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 05:01 AM

I've had the 3 AM phenomenon my whole life, although not every night. Perhaps it's about the time we leave REM or are more sensitive to paranormal influences.

Carlotta

i agree with you on that! becuase there is definatly somethin up with that hour idc what people say thats when i feel the most activtity . i always wake up at 3, ive had the weirdest dreams at that hour to, like i travel to other rylms

#14 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:57 AM

I would think activity could happen at any time. To think that demons sit around watching the clock for a specific time because it has symbolic meaning seems a little odd to me. There may be real reasons why this time seems to have more occurrences though. Just the quietness of the time like has been said, could make people notice things more. Also, more false reports of the paranormal may come from that time because of sleepiness, sleep paralysis, waking up from a dream and being confused, and just the uneasiness of the dark and quiet. There may be scientific reasons why spirits can draw more energy to manifest themselves at that time, that we just don't know about yet. From the relation of the Earth to the sun, to magnetic field activity, to who knows what. Or maybe it's just easier for spirits to get our attention when we're sleepy and the world is quiet, so they try a little bit harder.

I actually wake up at exactly 3:30-3:33am a LOT. I don't personally feel anything paranormal going on around me when it happens, but it really does seem weird.

#15 ziggy1706

ziggy1706

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:21 AM

[WB super:) IN your last post, i hope you read, i posted some info about what its supposed to mean. This is research ive done online. theoreticaly speaking, its suposed to mock jesus, our lord in heaven. SAtans slap in the face ot dog, when he or his demons make trouble for us. Thier way of mocking god, by hurting his children us. BUt their are other known theories, as others here have stated... No one will really know what it means, until they ahve actualy prrf of talking with aa deomn, the devil himself, or a ghost/entity that woudnlt lie to you. Which in itself, is risky as all heck to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users