• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 09:15 PM

Did anyone see the National Geographic Special about the lunar landings the US has done? The National Geographic channel said that the US did a coverup that we never really landed on the moon at all. That it was all staged and the films were made in Roswell.
The reporters for the N G said that the astronauts would have been killed instantly when the space craft passed through the Van Allen Radiation belts. That the radiation in that belt is lethal enough to penetrate the outer surface of the space craft. They also pointed out is how come you see know stars in the back drop of space and how was the flag moving and waving when there is no wind on the moon?It was also pointed out that as dusty as the lunar surface appeared you never saw any dust flying when the craft landed or took off and that the pods or feet of the landing craft had no dust on them what so ever.The NG pointed out alot of good points and they are hard to explain away.

#2 deadzone

deadzone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Interests:I am a Clinical Psychologist, who uses a non-linear approach to helping individuals....Hence, my healthy obsession with the paranormal.....I enjoy debating, research, writing, plays, theater, designing web sites, and graphics, although not well versed in this area, I have fun doing it. I Adore animals and have several, a cat named Cuda, a dog named Skeeter, a horse named Diablo, a betta who fights with himself. I also paint, and blow glass......

Posted 21 July 2004 - 09:51 PM

Ask, yourself this, why haven't we ever returned to the moon.....Is or was it a hoax, ....You don't want my opinion.....:D...
Posted Image

#3 Gregory

Gregory

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 10:27 PM

What a coincidence; I've been looking for an excuse to plug my favorite skeptical site (Phil Plait kicks BAD_WORD), and now I have one; I'll just send you to the relavent page:
http://www.badastron.../foxapollo.html

And even more detailed:
http://www.clavius.org/
What Would Batman Do?

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 22 July 2004 - 12:24 AM

Well, I am a person who believes the landings were indeed staged! Reason number 1 is already pointed out by Gregory - why haven't we gone there yet again till now? So definitely something IS wrong.
Posted Image

#5 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 04:43 AM

Awesome page Gregory.  Yeah, the show was filled tons of bad science.  People kind of forget the differences here and in space.
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#6 little_light

little_light

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts
  • Interests:Working Out<br />Music and Dance<br />And Being a wife and Mom!

Posted 22 July 2004 - 05:59 AM

Wow! I really never thought of it...But that does make me want to check into it..Thanks!
"You only get 1 shot!"

#7 Gregory

Gregory

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 08:08 AM

Well, I am a person who believes the landings were indeed staged! Reason number 1 is already pointed out by Gregory - why haven't we gone there yet again till now? So definitely something IS wrong.

It wasn't pointed out by me; it was pointed out by someone else.  I'm the one who linked to the pages explaining why the hoax theory is silly.  Why haven't we gone back?  You mean, aside from all the times we have?  Maybe because it's dangerous, expensive, and the public as a whole has shown no interest in the idea?
What Would Batman Do?

#8 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 22 July 2004 - 08:33 AM

Excellent points Gregory.  

One thing I didn't see addressed in the linked articles was the "waving" flag.  The flag used had a "permanent wave" so that it would appear to be flapping in the breeze.
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#9 plindboe

plindboe

Has a pseudoscience radar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Interests:I'm an atheist and a skeptic regarding paranormal beliefs, but nonetheless I find other people's belief systems fascinating. I think it's important for people who hold different beliefs to discuss with, and learn from, one another. The free exchange of ideas are essential to progress, and it's no coincidence that mankind's two greatest ideas, democracy and science, are based on this.<br /><br />Feel free to message me, if you want to talk. :)

Posted 22 July 2004 - 12:49 PM

Nice links Gregory.

As soon as saw this post I opened another window to find the Bad Astronomers website since I expected to give that link. I see you have already posted it, so it's not necessary for me anyway. :D

That the landings were faked have been debunked thoroughly, and anyone who still believes it are simply clinging on to ignorant beliefs. I suggest people who still believe it to give Gregory's links a chance, unless they prefer to be ignorant.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." (Bertrand Russell)

#10 Prometheus

Prometheus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 01:13 PM

Um,you confused me Peter.Are you in agreemnet with the hoax theroy or not ?

#11 plindboe

plindboe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Interests:I'm an atheist and a skeptic regarding paranormal beliefs, but nonetheless I find other people's belief systems fascinating. I think it's important for people who hold different beliefs to discuss with, and learn from, one another. The free exchange of ideas are essential to progress, and it's no coincidence that mankind's two greatest ideas, democracy and science, are based on this.<br /><br />Feel free to message me, if you want to talk. :)

Posted 22 July 2004 - 01:28 PM

Um,you confused me Peter.Are you in agreemnet with the hoax theroy or not ?

Hehe, I'm a little drunk right now, so that may be why my writing is a little confusing. I apologize if that's the case. :D

The point I was trying to make is that the Moon landing is NOT a hoax. We did very much land on the Moon in 1969. When you actually try to study the pictures with sufficient knowledge you will quickly realize that the hoax arguements are laughable.

Try to read the links giving by Gregory, they clearly debunk the idea that it was a hoax.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." (Bertrand Russell)

#12 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 01:39 PM

Okay, this is getting scary.  I'm on the 'same page' -so to speak- with what's-his-face-Plindboe and it's rather uncomfortable to say the least.  (It's happened on this thread and another one and I'm getting a bit spooked!) ANYWAY- yes, indeedeedee, the lunar landings happened.  John Glenn developed a serious alcohol addiction after his great adventures because as he put it "I stepped on the moon.  What else was there to conquer?"  Not that I'm pointing to that as proof by any means.  But I was old enough to remember all the stuff that went on and if it was a hoax then it was the best BAD_WORD hoax ever.  
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#13 plindboe

plindboe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 01:54 PM

Okay, this is getting scary.  I'm on the 'same page' -so to speak- with what's-his-face-Plindboe and it's rather uncomfortable to say the least.  (It's happened on this thread and another one and I'm getting a bit spooked!) ANYWAY- yes, indeedeedee, the lunar landings happened.  John Glenn developed a serious alcohol addiction after his great adventures because as he put it "I stepped on the moon.  What else was there to conquer?"  Not that I'm pointing to that as proof by any means.  But I was old enough to remember all the stuff that went on and if it was a hoax then it was the best BAD_WORD hoax ever.  

"what's-his-face-Plindboe". ;D You don't have to be rude hawk, just because you made a fool of yourself in the astrology thread. Instead enjoy that we finally agree on something.

#14 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 09:11 PM

I didn't say rather I believed or disbelieved I was just wondering if anyone else had seen the program on the NG channel about the moom landing and I was just pointing out a couple of the things they had mentioned on the show.

#15 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 23 July 2004 - 07:11 AM

The moon landing hoopla may be an answer to Russia's sending the astronauts - or so it is believed!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users