Ever feel like your being watched?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 lousta

lousta

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, history, movies (film freak right here), music (can't live without my ipod), spending time with family and friends, reading, going out, cinema, surfing the web, food, sleeping, running... etc etc

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:37 AM

Hi folks,

Well, let me start by saying that i've never really had a paranormal experience as such, but it something that really grabs my interest!

However, of lately, there have been moments when I feel quite uneasy in my house!! Its never been haunted or anything, its a happy family home, but when I am home alone, or sitting at the computer, I feel really freaked out. I get the urge to look around because i get the feeling that someone or something is watching me.

The other day, i was home alone and just sitting at the computer, when i felt something cold brush past me and something flicked my hair. CREEPY!

Last night, I was just laying in bed, and i could hear so many noises coming from my room. I have a dressing table directly opposite my bed where all my perfume bottles are. Out of nowhere, one of the bottles fell over, and there was no explanation for this. Also when laying in the dark, i could seeblack shadowy things literally zoom right past my face (but that could be the night vision playing tricks on me).
I also got the weird feeling that i was being watched again. I also had the fear of looking out my bedroom window for some strange reason. Almost every night, i look out my window to look out at the stars, but last night i couldn't because i was petrified that if i looked out the window, someone would be looking back at me

Sorry for waffling on, but i was wondering if this happens to anyone else. Any ideas why i felt like that, or was I just being overly paranoid?

thanks

Lauren xxx

Life is a journeyIt can take you anywhere you choose to goAs long as you’re learningYou’ll find all you’ll ever need to know...

#2 Ecco

Ecco

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:32 AM

Goodness, you poor thing. I understand what you're saying though. I never have this feeling in my apartment (but I did smudge/bless the place before I moved in, as I have with every place I've inhabited since my good friend did it to my dorm room in college.

However, I work in a building that I get this feeling in. One wing of it is still original construction from back in the 1800's or early EARLY 1900's. This one room I clean always has me looking over my shoulder because I swear someone is leaning on the wall watching me--I'm sure you know what I mean. In that room I also see movement out of the corners of my eyes, but no one there. And only when I'm cleaning it by myself (if my helper is there, I never see them).

I've never had physical contact, but I think (I'm 98 percent positive) that once I heard someone yell in my ear that wasn't there. As though trying to get my attention. Boy did it ever!

I would say look around your environment. Especially for the unexplained bottle falling over. Are there train tracks nearby? Are you under the flight path for an airport or air force base? Do you live near a transformer station or under high-intensity voltage lines? Sometimes those things cause what seem like paranormal incidents to occur (ultra-subtle vibrations, energy fields).

I myself live in a town just outside a military base, so when they're practicing with their large explosives, it rattles the windows and perfume bottles in my house. Never had anything actually fall over though, but the base is pretty far away.

I'd say keep an eye on it--journal what happens, when it happens, and even maybe put down what you were doing just before, how you were feeling, etc. If it isn't paranormal, maybe you'll see that in your journaling--sometimes I feel paranoid for no reason when I'm feeling lonely or isolated.

And, if it IS paranormal and you call in an investigative team, you'll already have documentation for them to go off of. That helps them immensely.

Best of luck, and welcome to Ghost Village!

#3 Flormarina

Flormarina

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:I love poetry, and photography, music and oil painting, in general I love nature, with all its splendour and glory. The paranormal has been one of my favourites hobbies.

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:09 AM

Hi sweetie

Some houses make noises, lots of them, also sometimes our minds specially if we are scare, it plays tricks on us.
And I think we all are being watched by something, or someone, even if we don't sense it... I felt like that many times, actually I am never alone, and I don't feel alone, never. Do you have any animals like cats? or probably a mouse walking around... ?
It is normal to feel afraid, sorry to hear that you got so petrified, but take it easy, and don't think too much about it.
When my daughter feels afraid, she sleeps in my room with me LOL... it is true... but that is besides teaching her to face her fears, I tell her not to let fear take her freedom and her space, so, what I would tell you is that is you should keep on seeing the stars, nothing will happen to you, just turn on the lights, and say, this is my home, my refuge and I will not tolerate any kind of intimidation... and fear will fade away.. but is it normal to be afraid sometime, specially when you are so young.
If you actually were watched by a spirit, it will not harm you... provably a relative of yours... but lets hear what others have to say.

Take care and hugss
Posted ImageFlormarinaIf you got something to tell the world, write a book....

#4 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:07 AM

All great advice that everyone has posted so far with their questions. Houses do tend to make noises no matter how old or new that are because of them settling. Do some research on your home. If you are hearing possible voices or any other noises than what a home usually makes get a recording device and start taking recordings in a private setting, you can ask questions or let it record alone. Play it back and see if you may get a response on any kind.
Now as far as being watched, I have had that personal feeling more than once. First time I was walking in a cemetery and I kept telling Dave (damckie) something was walking behind me....he told me it was all in my head...I kept insisting that there was something there. Being the big strong protector he is...he took a picture...LOL! When we got it developed, behold, there was a huge bluish mist formation behind me coming from two tombstones. "All in my head, huh?" This more recent time really rattled me. I was taking a shower, actually shaving my legs, when I felt a small chill and a very faint (very, very faint) movement on the shower curtain. I poked my head out thinking Dave was playing a trick....NO ONE WAS THERE....then I got the feeling that someone was in there watching me. By that time, I was yelling for Dave....he was a little annoyed because he was going over some footage, I told him there is someone or something in here with me. Being the big strong protector again...he put the voice recorder in there while I finished my shower...LOL! Now this is kind of embareressing to admit to but an EVP did come out of that recording and I have no idea where they come up with this stuff, but the EVP said "Where's your dick man?" I did laugh at it, because I do not look no where near like a man, but on the other hand it was unnerving, because some one was in there with me. So my best advice is to start taking recordings and see what you come up with....Julie
P.S. My house is only 15 years old, newly built we are the first owners, so encounters can come from anywhere, not just older homes.

You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#5 biada

biada

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:30 PM

All great advice that everyone has posted so far with their questions. Houses do tend to make noises no matter how old or new that are because of them settling. Do some research on your home. If you are hearing possible voices or any other noises than what a home usually makes get a recording device and start taking recordings in a private setting, you can ask questions or let it record alone. Play it back and see if you may get a response on any kind.
Now as far as being watched, I have had that personal feeling more than once. First time I was walking in a cemetery and I kept telling Dave (damckie) something was walking behind me....he told me it was all in my head...I kept insisting that there was something there. Being the big strong protector he is...he took a picture...LOL! When we got it developed, behold, there was a huge bluish mist formation behind me coming from two tombstones. "All in my head, huh?" This more recent time really rattled me. I was taking a shower, actually shaving my legs, when I felt a small chill and a very faint (very, very faint) movement on the shower curtain. I poked my head out thinking Dave was playing a trick....NO ONE WAS THERE....then I got the feeling that someone was in there watching me. By that time, I was yelling for Dave....he was a little annoyed because he was going over some footage, I told him there is someone or something in here with me. Being the big strong protector again...he put the voice recorder in there while I finished my shower...LOL! Now this is kind of embareressing to admit to but an EVP did come out of that recording and I have no idea where they come up with this stuff, but the EVP said "Where's your dick man?" I did laugh at it, because I do not look no where near like a man, but on the other hand it was unnerving, because some one was in there with me. So my best advice is to start taking recordings and see what you come up with....Julie
P.S. My house is only 15 years old, newly built we are the first owners, so encounters can come from anywhere, not just older homes.

The weird thing is, why do they only make noise at night? During the day, I don't hear any creaking, knocks, etc etc.. Change of temp maybe?

#6 Ecco

Ecco

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:04 PM

The weird thing is, why do they only make noise at night? During the day, I don't hear any creaking, knocks, etc etc.. Change of temp maybe?

All the info I've heard about night-time is because:
1) You're more aware of your surroundings
2) It's quiet, so the noises and such are more noticeable
3) Nighttime, especially midnight to 3 am (the "witching" of "devil's" hour) is most common for this to happen, since, like at Halloween, the veil between living and dead worlds is thinnest then, allowing more energy and spirits to transfer between worlds.

Edited by Ecco, 02 April 2008 - 06:05 PM.

#7 Black Kitty

Black Kitty

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:13 PM

As I mentioned on a previous post, I used to go for walks in bushland and regularly felt someone watching me (and walking with me). He seemed like a nice person, so I was never that bothered.

I've worked in places where I felt I was being watched as well, but I usually figured it was old members of staff hanging about, making sure I'm doing things right. :ghost:

This might be someone trying to catch your attention. Or, as others have said, it might be environmental factors. Maybe you'e over-doing the caffiene and it's making you hyper-vigilant to sounds and movement.

I can usually tell the difference by the 'feel' of the encounter.

#8 Seer

Seer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Interests:The Metaphysical. Healing, Self healing, meditation, expanding awareness.<br /><br />I run a meditation group on Wednesday evenings. <br /><br />I love helping others.<br /><br />I am a constant reader and love to learn whatever I can. <br /><br />I used to ride a Harely Sportster 1200 but just upgraded to a Softtail Nighttrain 1450. It's beautiful.

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:31 PM

I have a few questions.

How long have you lived in the house? Has a family member or friend passed away? Have you done any renovations inside the house or outside? Have you brought anything new (that may be old) into the house? Did anyone give you something prior to these events occuring? As biada suggested, check into the history of your home and the land.

Seer
I am more than my physical body.

#9 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:55 PM

Ecco is right about the night time surrouding events, in my case the only reason while it happened at night is because in the first case we were doing an investigation at night and in the second case I was getting a shower that evening. BUT that's not always the case when they will make their presence known we've had many daytime occurances as well.
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#10 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:19 PM

A couple of weeks ago I was up really late (stupid insomnia) and I distinctly got the feeling that someone was watching me on the stairs... I got up and slept with my mom it was so uncomfortable... I did end up getting to sleep after that. I just didn't tell my mom why I chose the bed over my spot on the floor (my mom knows something's going on if I sleep in her bed b/c the sotness of the bed causes my joints to dislocate)... I told her the mice were back... Didn't want her to think I was looney...
Love life.

#11 elfay

elfay

Junior Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:08 PM

There are times I feel I am being watched, usually its an very uneasy feeling and I turn around and no one is there. Its not so much noises that I hear its a feeling that I get.

#12 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:24 PM

Because the night is so peacefull and quite. Also they gather their energy during the day and become strong when the night approaches. But in Julie's house they are active day or night. One time Julie and her mom were watching soaps on T.V. and someone downstairs in the basement pounded on the ceiling below. All they wanted was some love and attention from them. Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#13 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Science Fiction, Reading, Renaissance Faires, Costuming/Sewing, beading, jewelry design, polymer clay artist, singing, hanging out with my husband and two cats - and going for walks with my hubby.

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:25 PM

I am nearly always being watched in my apartment, but I don't feel uneasy most of the time.

Sometimes I know who's watching me - my grandmother - and that is always comforting. We were very close in life.

She would have been 100 this May, but she left this earth over 25 years ago.

Sometimes I am being watched by presences I do not know and that can be a little bit unnerving, but I'm not afraid and I let them know it.

I love it when they're around in the summer on a hot day - saves on the A/C bills! <grin>
Debbie / Maelinde"While the rest of the human race are descended from monkeys, redheads derive from cats." - Robert HeinleinVisit My Website

#14 kenziee

kenziee

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:07 PM

I always feel like I am being wacthed.Is that bad?

Edited by kenziee, 05 April 2008 - 07:08 PM.

#15 Anicia

Anicia

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:55 AM

I wouldn't be surprised! We moved into this house about 8 years ago. I'm a night owl, and late at night when you're walking down the hallway, or through the kitchen (which leads into the washroom) the hairs on your neck stand up, there's pressure on your chest and you just feel very uneasy and panicky. For awhile I thought it was me until my brother mentioned it. We talked about it and dismissed it as maybe a residual energy type thing (which maybe you should consider. If it's a panicky feeling you get I wouldn't be surprised.) as nothing too out of the ordinary had happened at this point. Until one night I was walking down the hallway and stopped very abruptly because when I looked up there was a figure coming towards me (whom I thought was my brother because it was a fairly large "something" and he fit the look) I know I didn't stop in time and I should of bumped into whatever it was but nothing was there! The next day I mentioned what had happened and both my brother and uncle (who was spending the night) said they kept hearing footsteps going up and down the hallway around the time I said it happened. Even with all of that we couldn't prove anything but just recently my brother got a picture of a face peeking out of the washroom door.

Then another time I was talking to my brother in my room about another experience I've had. He knows more than I do and when I don't understand something I'll usually go to him. When he was answering my question my radio went on by itself. I think that confirms that "they" listen (at least to me).

Edited by Anicia, 06 April 2008 - 04:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users