What do ghosts look like?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 cia_says77

cia_says77

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Computers, reading, writing poetry and songs, knitting, crochet, and of course the paranormal

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:17 AM

Don't know if this is the right section. Though I should because I've used this site so long lol. But I was wondering what ghosts look like. I know that can look like flashes of light and all, but what about when you see full figures? Do they look like they do in the movies? Do they glow with blue or white edges? Are they sometimes solid? Do they have color to them?

I never want to see a ghost, at least not yet. But I am curious. Tell me about your experience!

#2 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:37 AM

Since you are asking for Villager's experiences, that is where I a moving this.

I do want to add that my experience says that spirits do not look like what you see in the movies. I have never seen a glowing blue shape, etc. You have to remember that movies are intended to make the parties involved in the production of them a huge amount of money. If they made movies about ghosts that were exactly as they seem in real life, the movies would be rather mundane for the most part. A person's memory can fade or change slightly with time, and our perceptions are always effected by such things as our upbringing, our environment, and so on. This is why I advocate journaling - so that later on you can refer back to what you described and correctly remember what you saw/experienced.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#3 little turtle

little turtle

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:10 PM

I have seen them solid as can be and I have seen them transparent.
Posted Image

#4 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Science Fiction, Reading, Renaissance Faires, Costuming/Sewing, beading, jewelry design, polymer clay artist, singing, hanging out with my husband and two cats - and going for walks with my hubby.

Posted 07 April 2008 - 06:43 PM

I've seen them from transparent to what appears to be a solid person.

It all depends on how the spirit can be or wishes to be viewed.
Debbie / Maelinde"While the rest of the human race are descended from monkeys, redheads derive from cats." - Robert HeinleinVisit My Website

#5 Mercury

Mercury

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Well, I have many intrests. The Supernatural is obvious.<br /><br />Art, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I do alot of art, and not to toot my own horn, I'm darn good at it. Its something I'm proud of.<br /><br />Antiques are another passion of mine. Be it furniture, or World War 1 era weapons and collectibles. Which leads to the last intrest I'll post.<br /><br />History. I Love history. Though I do take the most intrest in events after the American Revolution.

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:20 AM

I have had 2 experiences where Ive actualy saw a ghost. Both times solid.

#6 Tantric Kitten

Tantric Kitten

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:54 AM

They can run the gamut from being a little spark of light somewhere (or a shadow that you swear moved or this vague disturbance in the air that you can almost see) to a full, solid person standing in front of you (extremely rare). The way you experience them is also extremely individual.

The only hollywood movie that ever had anything that I have seen the same thing as is Ghost. You know those creepy black things? I've seen things that look, act and sound fairly like they're depicted in that movie. I darn near fell out of my seat when I first saw them in that movie (and yes, they scared the bejeebers out of me in real life and up on the screen). Nothing else in the movie or any other movie or television show relates to an experience I've ever had... especially how all of a sudden the temperature drops to the point that you can see one's breath before a manifestation occurs.

#7 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:12 AM

Pretty wide open question and one that I don't think has any right or wrong answer.

The only ghost I have "seen" looked to be completely solid, but it was dark so it's tough to say.

The list of reported visual sightings range from mists and orbs to fully solid looking people. Some people have even reported being in complete physical contact with what would be considered a ghost.

Psychic people of different "sensitivities" also may "see" ghosts and spirits. But this is not necessarily on the visible light spectrum that many people report seeing ghosts (I mean seeing them as plain as day like anyone else you would see).

There's plenty of debate on whether you are truly seeing an optical representation of the light that a ghost produces/bends/uses or if what you are seeing is a pyschic representation in your own mind... one the ghost/spirit is giving to you to interpret. I tend to think it's a bit of both. I also tend to think Psychics of differing types can also "see" ghosts/spirits in a manner many people cannot. That being not some optically represented image.

The actual list of how ghosts have been seen is pretty long:

Orbs
Flashes or flickers of light
ecto-like forms
grey mists
Black formless shapes or mists
Shadows on a wall
Partially transparent forms
Fully transparent forms
Solid human or other living creature forms

etc etc.... the list goes on.

I do however think some of these forms can be explained by the natural or otherwise mundane. Mists for one, could be created through the use or presence of unfra sound. Jiggle those eyeballs enough and you can start seeing things. Orbs or orb like visions could range from things on your eyeball to other vision problems.

Also keep in mind that some people are not as talented as others when comes to describing what they see. Unless you can see exactly what the person is describing, it's hard to tell if it could be mundane/natural. Then again, if we could see what others experience.... well think of the possibilities, lol.

After all of that babbling I put everyone through, the answer is pretty simple. They could look like practically anything.

#8 Mercury

Mercury

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Well, I have many intrests. The Supernatural is obvious.<br /><br />Art, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I do alot of art, and not to toot my own horn, I'm darn good at it. Its something I'm proud of.<br /><br />Antiques are another passion of mine. Be it furniture, or World War 1 era weapons and collectibles. Which leads to the last intrest I'll post.<br /><br />History. I Love history. Though I do take the most intrest in events after the American Revolution.

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:08 PM

I was responding using my Sony PSP so it had to be short.

I've had to experiences with actually seeing an entitity. One was out the corner of my vision, but it was solid. A little kid. The other time was Solid standing on the other side of a closed door(Mostly Glass). They were inside my house, I was on my porch smoking a cigarette.

Actually I have seen a shiloutte before also.

#9 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Science Fiction, Reading, Renaissance Faires, Costuming/Sewing, beading, jewelry design, polymer clay artist, singing, hanging out with my husband and two cats - and going for walks with my hubby.

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:52 PM

Shortly after my grandmother passed away, my uncle was up late one night watching TV.

He swore he saw her sitting in her old chair, and he even had an 20 minute long conversation with her. When he got up to get something to eat, she vanished right before his eyes. It freaked him out, as he realized she had passed away over a month before that day.

I've seen her in many different shapes - she prefers full apparition rather than a solid one. Sometimes I just "sense" her when she visits.
Debbie / Maelinde"While the rest of the human race are descended from monkeys, redheads derive from cats." - Robert HeinleinVisit My Website

#10 biada

biada

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:39 PM

When I was 10-12 living at what I believe was a haunted house, I saw a solid 3D shadow figure. Shaped like humans, but but just basically pitch black, you can only see their outlines. I call them shadow people, but they were never near a wall.

My last experience, I saw a solid figure. It was a girl probably 12-14 years old. She was sitting at the edge of my bed. When I woke up, turn over to the edge, I saw a girl just sitting there. As I woke up, she stood up, and slowly walked to the door and vanished. I wasn't scared for some reason.

#11 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:02 PM

You are all so lucky to have had seen. I'm not as lucky. My dad did tell me that after his sister died he thought he kept seeing someone walking and moving about out of the corners of his eyes for over a week. Maybe its her hangin' with him before moving on.

Whatever

#12 SeekX

SeekX

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:40 PM

Don't know if this is the right section. Though I should because I've used this site so long lol. But I was wondering what ghosts look like. I know that can look like flashes of light and all, but what about when you see full figures? Do they look like they do in the movies? Do they glow with blue or white edges? Are they sometimes solid? Do they have color to them?

I never want to see a ghost, at least not yet. But I am curious. Tell me about your experience!

I have only once seen what might have been a ghost and it looked like a person.
I think they probably appear in many forms a manifestation or a means of a physical representation or resemblance so they can be observed , while not being observed i think they are invisible at least while in this dimension.

Danny

#13 meanderer

meanderer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 11:03 PM

The night my mother died, I had to go for a walk. I was walking along the railroad tracks in town, and I found myself walking along the back of my old Elementary School. I had a feeling, like something wanted me to look behind me. So I did. I'm quite sure I saw my mother walking behind me, wearing a dress I hadn't seen her wear since I was a young boy in the hospital. It wasn't creepy or anything like that. It was quite nice, actually. I continued my walk, a little more at ease.
Thinking about what I'd seen that night, I can't remember if I'd seen her entirely, or partially. I don't recall if she had legs or anything like that. I basically looked at her face and eyes.
Now...whether or not what I'd seen was actually "a ghost" or the embodiment of my mother's spirit, manifest as an image that had brought me comfort as a young boy...who knows? I'm sure she was there. I'd heard it explained that it was my mother's way of showing me that she'd be behind me on my journey through life. That sounds like a pretty good explanation, to me!
Beannacht ort

#14 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:16 AM

That is comforting, Meanderer. Your mom must really love you to be with you during such a time.

I'm sorry that your mom passed away, but now you know that she is with you when you really need her.

#15 RadicalFlower

RadicalFlower

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Hello there<br /><br /> I have alot of interest haha.. i like EVPing it is really cool as to what some of the stuff ya can get and what the spirit world has to say to ya.. i try to stay away from the ouija board or anything that would invite a ghost ..i dont know if i can take seeing a apperition yet haha..i like the paranormal though . i like maing new friends from all over the world and i like having a good ole time on here with my friends ...

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:43 PM

I have learned alot about what they look like here.. I HAVE NEVER been able to see one for myself i want to and i have concentrated so hard as to let them know that i want to see i want to hear them on tape and encourage them to make contact with me... What i want to ask is why is that i have never seen a ghost ?? what should i do to make my chances better and hopefull??

thanks for the input Whirly Dude
Posted ImageMy Baby Girl ^^^Posted ImageMy Oldest Daughter^^^Posted ImageAnd My Son he is in the middle ^^^ lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users