Gaffney Strangler

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 wheeler08

wheeler08

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Well right now I am really getting into the paranormal things. I just have started going to different graveyards and haunted places doing alittle ghost hunting or trying to get some good pics or videos

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:11 PM

Hello all. I am going to where one of the Gaffney Strangler killed his victims... just off HWY 11 in the woods on an old wind mill. If anyone is familiar with this location or even has more information on the Gaffney Strangler please reply... I tried to look up some of the old newspaper articles about it and cant find anything.. it happened around the 60's a guy named Leroy would kidnap and kill girls and then Rape them after they were dead and then would pose their naked bodies in diff areas and send an annomyous letter to the Gaffney police station telling the police where to find the bodies and signed it the Gaffney Strangler... Wish me luck.. :lol:

Posted Image"Life is just a chance to grow a soul, and in the end, its not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years"HAPPY HUNTING <3Brittany

#2 FireFighter621

FireFighter621

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:06 PM

hey did u know their was a battle in gaffney? if u got to the battle ground at night you can hear gun shot and cannon fire here is the link http://theshadowland...uthcarolina.htm also has info on leroy martin actually 2 events r one says if u go down chain gang road u can hear girls voices moaning and screaming they r the victims of the gaffney strangler happy hunting :lol:

#3 FireFighter621

FireFighter621

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:13 PM

also found this http://www.switchplates.netfirms.com/

#4 outsider39

outsider39

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:13 PM

Hello,Lee Roy Martin was the 'Gaffney Strangler ".He killed 4 women in a 9 month period in 1967 and 1968.There is a book titled ' Ghosts of Upstate South Carolina " that has a story about him in it.The book was written by John Boyanoski.The book has other stories about haunted places in your area that you may want to check out,also.You may find a copy in a library near you.If not you can probably find it in a book store near you in the "Local Interest " section.Be careful,safety always comes first in investigations.Take care.

#5 wheeler08

wheeler08

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Well right now I am really getting into the paranormal things. I just have started going to different graveyards and haunted places doing alittle ghost hunting or trying to get some good pics or videos

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:35 PM

Thank you outsider... I will definately be checking out that book.... And always BE SAFE... ALWAYS

Posted Image"Life is just a chance to grow a soul, and in the end, its not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years"HAPPY HUNTING <3Brittany

#6 Kittie Danger

Kittie Danger

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:44 PM

I've been doing some reseach as well on the Gaffney Strangler. I am attempting to locate the areas that he 'did the deed' as well as the dump areas. The bridge I found on Ford Rd. just doesn't seem to be able to 'hide' a body, unless a lot of grading has been done in the area, it is swampy , but mostly clear around the bridge.

#7 BethInSC

BethInSC

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 03:54 AM

I've been doing some reseach as well on the Gaffney Strangler. I am attempting to locate the areas that he 'did the deed' as well as the dump areas. The bridge I found on Ford Rd. just doesn't seem to be able to 'hide' a body, unless a lot of grading has been done in the area, it is swampy , but mostly clear around the bridge.

There is a lot of information on the Gaffney strangler on the net. He killed and lived about 30 minutes from me. I have been to the places where he killed (lived) as well as the dump sites. you can hear their cries and I did not thankfully but my friend seen one of his victims. Well the spirit.
Don't Judge what you don't understand.....Beth

#8 Kittie Danger

Kittie Danger

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:39 PM

There is a lot of information on the Gaffney strangler on the net. He killed and lived about 30 minutes from me. I have been to the places where he killed (lived) as well as the dump sites. you can hear their cries and I did not thankfully but my friend seen one of his victims. Well the spirit.

Beth, send me a pm if you know where he dumped Nancey Rhinehart. That is the primary location that we are looking for...we tried to find Chain Gang Rd. but according to our GPS we were unable to find the road in Gaffney. We did find the bride on Ford Rd. but that was all we were able to find. I appreciate any more info you can give me.

#9 BethInSC

BethInSC

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:24 PM

Beth, send me a pm if you know where he dumped Nancey Rhinehart. That is the primary location that we are looking for...we tried to find Chain Gang Rd. but according to our GPS we were unable to find the road in Gaffney. We did find the bride on Ford Rd. but that was all we were able to find. I appreciate any more info you can give me.

It's actually in cherokee co off hwy 18

#10 Bigdave

Bigdave

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:27 PM

Beth,

Do you know the exact location of this dump site per chance ?

#11 Bigdave

Bigdave

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:03 PM

Does anyone else on this forum have any information about possible burial sites of where the Gaffney Strangler would have killed his victims?

I am looking for GPS location, an exact address, off a highway or a general description of how to get to this location.

#12 BethInSC

BethInSC

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:05 PM

Does anyone else on this forum have any information about possible burial sites of where the Gaffney Strangler would have killed his victims?

I am looking for GPS location, an exact address, off a highway or a general description of how to get to this location.

Yes sorry I did not respond before now. When I was younger my daddy use to take us pass where the Gaffney strangler lived and tell us about him on the way to see my grandmother. My aunt went missing and my dad was called in when they found Nancy. Lucky for dads sister it was not her. My aunt only ran away from home. Jerusalem road then go to the second ridge turn left not even a half mile that's where one was killed. Another one he killed in the trailor he lived in and dumped her body. One was killed on ford road and dumped over the bridge there. One of the victims family members had him killed in prison.(rumor has it) Wish I knew which way you would be coming Id give you directions to the places and his house.

#13 BethInSC

BethInSC

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:10 PM

http://www.switchplates.netfirms.com/
few people know about this....check this article out :Wall:

#14 debrak

debrak

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:37 PM

My mom lived in Spartanburg and some of her family lived in Inman and gaffeny, any way my mom knew (leroy) gaff starngler and his wife... she told me about him and his wife sad.

#15 debrak

debrak

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:59 PM

also reprted he died in prison he did not this is a pic of him comeing from the court house

http://www.goupstate...ICLES/907051031

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users