Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Skeptics,Believers, What happens when you die?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 05 July 2003 - 03:45 AM

Freda,

I'd be in line right next to you! ;D
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#32 reprise

reprise

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 07:02 PM

Freda, the particular work of Findlay's from which you've quoted seems to be in the public domain, so copyright isn't an issue in respect of that particular work.  It's just something to bear in mind, though, when you're quoting from books, websites, newspaper articles, songs, poems, etc and when you are posting images online which have been created by others.

#33 Freda

Freda

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 03:02 AM

Hi Reprise,

I thought I had most of the Introduction in the book until I got to read it properly, and found it went on and on. Good job I stopped when I did.

Thanks again for the info regarding copyrights.

Regards
Freda
Refuse to set boundaries to what is achievable and you will make the impossible happen. Brahma Kumaris.

#34 Cheshire

Cheshire

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 03:35 PM

Death is inevitable. So it there fore really isn't something I worry/wonder about.
Follow no one, break the rules and live life on the edge.

#35 Gregory

Gregory

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 07:05 PM

What happens to us after we die?  I have absolutely no idea.  I suppose I'm bound to find out eventually, though...
What Would Batman Do?

#36 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,361 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 26 March 2004 - 08:40 AM

What happens to us after we die?  I have absolutely no idea.  I suppose I'm bound to find out eventually, though...

Gregory you whould inform me what it is like ;D
Posted Image

#37 wallyworld

wallyworld

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 01:59 PM

Id like to share a story on this if you all dont mind. My dad was in a  serious car accident in the late 70's. He and 3 friends in his car. He was driving. They went through an intersection and were hit by a jeep loaded   with teenagers driving with their lights out ( drunk ). All three men with my dad died at the scene.If I remember a few survived in the teenagers jeep. But the main part of this story is what I will always remember ( besides being thankful to god my dad lived) , was that my father legally died three times and should not have lived. He couldnt remember anything from the accident for about a year.  you can imagine the Inc companies and courts trying to resolve this with only a few survivors. My dad was put under hypnosis with lawyers in and out of court, on these tapes he talks of the conversation he was having with his buddies in the car laughing and than he sees the light at the intersection and says it was green. Than he paused on the tape, he than said he was floating above an intersection sign watching the ER crew try to revive his buddies and he was trying to yell at them to see what was going on. He recalled what everyone was doing at the exact times and places of the whole accident sceen. than he saw that one of the poeple they were working on was him. He didnt know how to tell them he was ok and he was right there but they couldnt see him. On the tape my dads voice and the way he told the story was as if he was right there at the sceen. It was very hard to listen to. He than remembered someone saying it wasnt his time, he said it was just a voice, and he than said he opened his eyes and the ER crew was yelling that he was breathing and put a call in for helifight ER. He passed two more times at the hospitol, thats whenus kids were able to go in to see him. He said he saw us crying and tried to tell us he was right there. Than nurses rushed in and we were sent outside again, he had continued to live. He didnt go far after death, and he came back, but it was enough for me to believe and know, there is somewhere our souls go and either will be at peace, or in someways, not at peace. My grandmother has also visited a family memeber and myself. I seem to have a talent of staying in touch with my past relatives after death .So, to the people that think we just are shells and die, thats ok for you to believe, but I have seen and heard otherwise. So when my time comes, I will and believe I will beable to communicate back to the ones I love.

#38 tinkerbell

tinkerbell

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 02:11 AM

well if you want to no what i think happens when you die i will tell you i think that you go to another life and that you come back as a totally different thing or person well thats what i think   ;D

#39 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,361 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 05 May 2004 - 11:26 AM

well if you want to no what i think happens when you die i will tell you i think that you go to another life and that you come back as a totally different thing or person well thats what i think   ;D

:o :o :)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users