Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 24 December 2003 - 09:56 AM

Where do I belong ? Hmmmm let me see :o

I've seen entirely too much in almost 13 years of paranormal research to not believe, but at the same time I can be relentless in understanding details and in discovering truth.

I am both , skeptic and believer. I seek truth, not speculation or legend.

The truth I have found is mine and mine alone. Perception plays a huge part in finding truth. We are only limited by  our personal ignorance. Learning is an ongoing process through which we pass our entire lives.

I will say additionally, that first hand experience is the only way to know for sure wether or not there is a paranormal realm .

The present mediums and tools of discovery fall very short of the mark in finding conclusive scientific proof of life after death.

One day a better way may be found but until then there is no way to know for sure unless you experience it with every bit of your being first hand.

Just my take ,

Rockhauler2k1
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#18 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 26 February 2004 - 09:48 AM

so new villagers, what is your take?
Posted Image

#19 bizkithill

bizkithill

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 05:56 PM

i am a firm skeptic  seeing is believing (when all other possibilities are ruled out)

#20 Cristelle32

Cristelle32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 11:43 AM

doubtful believer

#21 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 04:25 PM

I'm a skeptical believer but believer in a way that it must be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, not just with the eyes.

#22 randystreu

randystreu

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Interests:video, paintball, theology, philosophy, political science, sci-fi, and so on, and so forth...

Posted 29 March 2004 - 11:27 AM

doubtful believer is what i put. guess i'm closer to that than to doubtful skeptic, though at times it's a toss up. I've seen/heard/felt too much to say there's nothing out there. But I'm not willing to say what it is.

I think, depending upon our interests, we can have a tendency to insert our conceptions into a given situation. A ghost-hunter, for example will see wierd lights on a hill and say "Ghost." An UFOlogist will see them and say "Aliens."  Somebody else may say "electrical storm" or "atmospheric anomoly."

The problem is, these pre-conceptions usually stand in the way of pure research and investigation.

#23 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 05:18 PM

I'm with Maharet--well said.  Expand on that to include "grumpy."   8)
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#24 wallyworld

wallyworld

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 01:34 PM

I agree with Rockhauler exactly!

#25 Lamuris

Lamuris

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:varied too many to list

Posted 05 April 2004 - 01:51 PM

I am a firm believer because too many things have happened to me since chidhood to be otherwise. But I still try to be open to other explanations.

#26 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 01:59 AM

My Latin teach once told me "Never believe what you hear, and only half of what you see", so I've taken that into life with me... and the supernatural. I'm a believer that things exist outside of the "norm", but I question it until there is nothing left for me to question. Either it exists, and there are no doubts it exists... or, it doesn't exist, as I once thought it might.

BB, Ana ~ doubtful believer
Don't be a newt!

#27 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 04:39 AM

I'm gonna go with Ana on this, lol ;D I also voted doubtful believer. I too have just had too many 'odd' experiences for me to think that this is all there is. Yet at the same time I'm not prepared to just take any ole explanation without using the old thinkin' cap and inner logic, lol. I just feel that as humans with such soddy senses, it's good to have unusual things happen to us in general, kinda shake us up a bit and look harder into the voids and cold spots in life! :)

#28 Shep

Shep

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Location:x1|Middlesbrough|England|europe|180|198|x1|Middlesbrough|England|europe|180|198|x1|Middlesbrough|England|europe|180|198|x1

Posted 19 April 2004 - 02:55 AM

I think I am a 'doubtful believer'. I reserve judgement until I have seen the proof,but think there must be 'something' because of other peoples experiences.

#29 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 06:42 AM

I have to say a firmbeliever. But then again I do always check twice :)
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#30 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 20 April 2004 - 09:25 AM

:)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users