Our house

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:42 PM

I truly feel this is the original owner of the house, not a servant of the house.

I hope to hear what you find on the history soon, its very interesting!

Les
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#17 West End Haunts

West End Haunts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:26 PM

Les, your accuracy is incredible and if someone asked me to wager on this, I'd choose your feeling over mine. Will let you know as soon as we find some solid history!

Shari

#18 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:26 PM

Awesome post WestEnders!! :clap: Thank you for sharing. It looks like the lady ghost is becoming a friend of yours. Mind you I would be so scared if I had to go through what you have so far!
Leslie is usually bang on with her impressions. What'd you think of what she wrote in her post?
Really, I love this thread and I check up regularly to see what new adventures you've encountered!

Whatever

#19 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:28 PM

Looks like we posted the same time. You answered my thing about Leslie...like I said, she's pretty bang on!

Edited by axlfoley, 26 April 2008 - 10:28 PM.

Whatever

#20 West End Haunts

West End Haunts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:41 PM

Axl...LOL...we did post at the same time, I saw yours on my way out. She is dead on...right down to there being an unholy amount of junk up in those rooms...I don't think the previous tenants threw anything away, we're still putting out the max amount of trash bags out and we've lived here for four months. Annoying!

It's not scary, rather shocking sometimes, but she is a pleasant and sweet soul and part of the house we love so much so yeah...I guess we are rather fond of her :clap:

#21 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:48 PM

And she's fond of you all also eh?

Whatever

#22 rediva

rediva

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:19 AM

Wow. This is a great post. I can't wait to see the inside photos!

#23 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:44 PM

I really like that you say thank you and treat her with respect. It really bothers me when people treat spirits with whatever respect they have earned.
There is nothing left to say.Me

#24 West End Haunts

West End Haunts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:29 PM

Seeker...thank you :lol:

#25 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:31 PM

Seeker...thank you :lol:

Youre welcome, and thank you for understanding my meaning. I left out a dont in there and it doesnt make much sense :lol:
There is nothing left to say.Me

#26 West End Haunts

West End Haunts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:45 PM

I did some research on the house, some being the key word. I only had an hour and a half window to research, so I'm going back on Saturday to dig a little deeper. The first occupants I found were David and Elizabeth R. in 1899, there's no record of the address before that. They had a son named George in 1896. George married a woman named Ida. I believe Ida died because George was remarried to a woman named Caroline. George had a daughter named Ida and a son named George Jr. There was also a Clara but I'm not sure who she was The house was in the the family from 1899-1937.

Ironically, Larry used to take care of Ida V. (George's daughter) when he worked at the nursing home. Towards the end of her life she used to talk about the beautiful house she grew up in on the southside. We now live in the house she had such fond memories of, pretty neat stuff!

#27 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 04:28 AM

Reading your post about the home's history was fascinating. I got mini goosebumps when I read that Larry used to take care of Ida. I was going to guess that the woman ghost friend in your house might be Ida but that doesn't seem to be the impression Leslie got. Maybe it's another lady who lived in the house all those years ago. Anyway, thanks for the updates. I'll check back again.

Whatever

#28 West End Haunts

West End Haunts

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:28 AM

Hi everyone,

Haven't been on for a while and wanted to tell you we're still trying to figure out who is haunting the house. Our findings at the library were verified by one of the local historians. It's known as "The Ready house" and David and Elizabeth were the original owners.

Axl...I don't think it's Ida either. I believe Leslie's correct in it being someone who was here originally, we just haven't figured it out yet.

#29 ryan005

ryan005

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 06:48 AM

Wow! Sounds like your house has a lot of paranormal activity. The lady spirit could possibly be a servant that was really attached to the house, and since she was seen near the servant stairs that would fit in too. Can't wait to hear about more activity and your investigation in June.

Edited by ryan005, 11 May 2008 - 06:51 AM.

Death, in itself, is nothing; but we fear, To be we know not what, we know not where.

#30 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:47 PM

Hi everyone,

Haven't been on for a while and wanted to tell you we're still trying to figure out who is haunting the house. Our findings at the library were verified by one of the local historians. It's known as "The Ready house" and David and Elizabeth were the original owners.

Axl...I don't think it's Ida either. I believe Leslie's correct in it being someone who was here originally, we just haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks for the update. I'll keep checking this thread for your next installment...lol!

Whatever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users