Orbs?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:22 PM

I never intended to EVER get in a discussion of this subject again, but just have to say this. I don't think anyone can say what they "believe" on any subject unless they've experienced it. That goes for orbs and everything else.

I know that some people have seen orbs with the naked eye; inside, outside, night or day. I called them "spheres" because I never heard the term orbs. Camera of any kind not involved!
What I saw was not ball lightning, alien or floaters or light reflections etc etc.
I'll never try to convince another of what I saw. But I know what I saw and what I felt at those times of seeing.
What I'm getting at is that there are orbs.....and then there are orbs.

Exactly what I was trying to get at. I have honestly never experienced floaters and if I did they didn't show up enough for me to notice them. The orbs I have seen were existent only in the environment of the investigations in which they appeared. They emitted their own light and have appeared in various colors. Maybe these floaters only showed up during the investigation, but I doubt it. I also doubt that two or more people are getting the same floaters in the same color following the same path at the same exact times. You see, other people with me were seeing the same orbs.

Edited by Axman, 21 June 2008 - 10:25 PM.

Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#17 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:45 PM

Thanks Axman for posting that!
How many many threads have been started about orbs? The reason I posted this time is that I've noticed that when a thread about orbs comes up it always has to do with digital cameras. I actually agree with spider-rob who started this thread. Photos don't prove a thing. I'm the biggest skeptic in town! And I do know what "floaters" are.
I've noticed though that there will be one poster who talks about an "orb experience" while wide awake, seeing with the naked eye, but then they never speak again, as if out-numbered.
True, as in this thread, the OP is referring to photos. But that one lone different way of seeing orbs never speaks of it again. Oh well, I've thought of starting a thread just about seeing orbs with the naked eye so probably should just shut up about it. I'm not trying to debate. Only reminding us all that there is something beyond our understanding, some sort of energy, if you will, that some people are seeing in real life, while wide awake, day or night and in any setting. I don't think there will ever be any "proof" of it though. And I sure don't know what it is, only what it's not.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#18 spider_rob

spider_rob

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, legends and folklore, history, reading, PS2 and Wii

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:38 PM

I wish i could say i saw orbs with my naked eyes. I personally have not. I cannot dismiss those who have seen them. Like i said before i have only seen what i basically describe as spot more than orbs. Usually cause by bright light because my eyes are sensitive to it!

I just gotta say thank you for all your great posts!!!

-spider_rob :)
I'll Kill you and the NIGHT!! -Leon Belmont

#19 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 22 June 2008 - 05:51 PM

I wish i could say i saw orbs with my naked eyes. I personally have not. I cannot dismiss those who have seen them. Like i said before i have only seen what i basically describe as spot more than orbs. Usually cause by bright light because my eyes are sensitive to it!

I just gotta say thank you for all your great posts!!!

-spider_rob :)

I kinda feel that certain people attract spirits more than others and that might be well within the realm of orbs. I feel that orbs are concentrations of energy very much like ball-lightning a.k.a. plasma balls form as orbs. SO's to me are the spirit's energy in a simple form and may vary in intensity. BUT, I do not hold much faith in photographed or videoed orbs because of the environmental factors.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#20 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:29 AM

Totally different subject probably, but a few people have seen fast moving "balls of light" forming a crop circle. Those that have been studying orbs for years think it might be the same kind of energy, whatever the heck that means, because no one knows what that energy is. Or where it comes from. Also orb photos taken under water, by a woman who's been studying dolphins for over 20 years. There's so much we don't know that's all around us every day. Maybe in photos we can see what we need to see, or want to see, and that's o.k. We don't need to prove it to anyone else, huh? My own experiences with seeing orbs or spheres were just that...my own. For some reason, for me to figure out.
If I had my own orb photos, I'd feel the same about that.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#21 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:37 AM

Totally different subject probably, but a few people have seen fast moving "balls of light" forming a crop circle. Those that have been studying orbs for years think it might be the same kind of energy, whatever the heck that means, because no one knows what that energy is. Or where it comes from. Also orb photos taken under water, by a woman who's been studying dolphins for over 20 years. There's so much we don't know that's all around us every day. Maybe in photos we can see what we need to see, or want to see, and that's o.k. We don't need to prove it to anyone else, huh? My own experiences with seeing orbs or spheres were just that...my own. For some reason, for me to figure out.
If I had my own orb photos, I'd feel the same about that.

Yes, people will see what they want to in their photos. No harm, no foul. However there have been more than enough explanations into what causes 99.9% of all orb photos that any submitted as evidence of paranormal activity will not be considered by the skeptical or the scientific community as evidence of anything less that a dusty house or very high humidity. The battle gets heated when those who still believe every orb in their photos are signs of paranormal activity argue their findings in light of proven evidence to explain what causes them.

I say if capturing orbs helps one to believe that they have captured a spirit then go for it. Be prepared, however, for any response that may prove it nothing more than dust, because just about every instance that is exactly what it will be.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users