• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 reprise

reprise

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 10:56 PM

I just want to extend an invitation to Ghostvillagers to check out the Cult Archaeology thread over at JREF.

Apart from being full of fascinating historical information, it also reveals a side of skeptics you might not normally see - the side of us which would really, REALLY, like some of the great historical myths and legends to be true.

Enjoy.

#2 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 01 July 2003 - 01:51 PM

I agree, the link is interesting.  It does indeed show a different facet of JREF. :o
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#3 SpiritsOfMd

SpiritsOfMd

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:A little 'bit of everything!

Posted 01 July 2003 - 09:18 PM

I visited the link, very interesting indeed :)  I dont know if this pertains to Cult Archaelology or just Archaeology but I enjoy hearing of the mystery concerning the Money Pit, on Oak Island....There are a few oppinions on who could of left something there and what it could be, earilier speculations were it was Captain Kidds buried treasure. Also on this island there are various old stones and old markers the most peculiar are the 6 laid out to form, I believe the shape of a cross and are about 900 feet in length.  Well anyway I really enjoy this story but I think it may go more towards the Archaeology dig or alittle of both, lol ;)  If you know anything of this I would be interested  :)

Thanks
Laura.....SpiritsOfMd
[FONT=Courier][COLOR=blue]"EVEN IF YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK, IF YOU JUST SIT THERE YOU WILL STILL GET HIT"

#4 reprise

reprise

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 July 2003 - 09:01 PM

I visited the link, very interesting indeed :)  I dont know if this pertains to Cult Archaelology or just Archaeology but I enjoy hearing of the mystery concerning the Money Pit, on Oak Island....There are a few oppinions on who could of left something there and what it could be, earilier speculations were it was Captain Kidds buried treasure. Also on this island there are various old stones and old markers the most peculiar are the 6 laid out to form, I believe the shape of a cross and are about 900 feet in length.  Well anyway I really enjoy this story but I think it may go more towards the Archaeology dig or alittle of both, lol ;)  If you know anything of this I would be interested  :)

Thanks
Laura.....SpiritsOfMd

Josh is in the process of setting up a "bad archaeology" messageboard at the moment.  When it's up and running I'll ask him about the mystery you mentioned.

#5 SpiritsOfMd

SpiritsOfMd

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 06:17 AM

Thanks Alot. Let me know when that board is up and running I like to take a look as well.

Laura...SpiritsOfMd
[FONT=Courier][COLOR=blue]"EVEN IF YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK, IF YOU JUST SIT THERE YOU WILL STILL GET HIT"

#6 reprise

reprise

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 08:27 PM

Josh is starting a thread on the legends of Oak Island tomorrow, Laura.  I'll post a link here.  :)

#7 reprise

reprise

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 July 2003 - 07:58 PM

As promised, The Oak Island 'Money Pit' thread brought to you by Josh and JREF.   :)

#8 SpiritsOfMd

SpiritsOfMd

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 04:30 PM

Thank You Very Much Reprise :)

I will go check it out, cant wait.

#9 shtina

shtina

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Reading, rock climing, nature hikes, Research on the unknown,and taking my kids to their games.

Posted 17 December 2003 - 11:03 PM

Interresting site. I checked it out.
If Angels had Wings; Devils had Horns:Then By Golly, We where given Thorns!!!!!1

#10 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 23 March 2004 - 11:02 AM

but JREF generally sucxz :)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users