?Orb Pictures?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 freak_out55

freak_out55

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Location:x0|Haunted WI|USA||0|0|x0|Haunted WI|USA||0|0|x0|Haunted WI|USA||0|0|x0|Haunted WI|USA||0|0|x0|Haunted WI|USA||0|0|x0|Haunted WI

Posted 15 February 2004 - 12:01 PM

::) I don't think that you can take a picture of orbs.  I mean, half of the time, it's just dust!  This sounds stupid, but I hate it when people ooh and ahh over dusty pictures.  What do y'all think?  

#2 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 07:53 PM

you see it as dust now, but maybe some day you will see it as something more!

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 15 February 2004 - 09:07 PM

I mean, half of the time, it's just dust!

what about the other half?
Posted Image

#4 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 05:18 AM

I think most of this agrument is taking place over in spiritography, heheh
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#5 Gregory

Gregory

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 04:37 PM

I think most of this agrument is taking place over in spiritography, heheh

Maybe (I didn't see it, but I didn't look very hard).  I agree with freak_out55 about orbs, though.  There are so many things they could be--bits of dust, lens flares (or similar camera-creates anomaly), stray hairs, and so forth--that I just don't understand how people can look at them an immediately think, "ghost."
What Would Batman Do?

#6 freak_out55

freak_out55

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Location:x0|Haunted WI|USA||0|0|x0|Haunted WI|USA||0|0|x0|Haunted WI|USA||0|0|x0|Haunted WI|USA||0|0|x0|Haunted WI|USA||0|0|x0|Haunted WI

Posted 24 February 2004 - 03:31 PM

Well, sometimes you actually get (MAYBE) a picture of an orb, as in a glowing ball.  But, if all dusty pictures where really orbs, I sure have a lot of ghost pictures! (That, and a dusty camera)

#7 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 24 February 2004 - 04:13 PM

All orbs are not dust, water, or lense flairs.  Problem is that there are many mundane causes that can cause orb-like shapes in photographs.  The ones actually caused by a spirit are the ones that interest me.  :)
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#8 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 05:46 PM

Um, how does one decide whether an orb is caused by a spirit?  What are the rules and who made them up?
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#9 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:04 AM

Hi Camille,

Just like in life, I certainly don't know who makes the rules, I'd like to know as I have a few minor complaints! LoL.  Myself, I tend to look at the circumstances surrounding the pic.  Determining the difference tween the paranormal and the mundane will always be a bone of contention, won't it?  A picture is a two dimensional representation of a three dimensional event and is but a split-second frozen in time.  It is impossible to "conclusively" prove a given pic is paranormal in and of itself especially with all the mundane causes of photograph orbs. :)
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#10 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:37 AM

Flying is right!  Also, dust looks differently on film than an actual orb does.  Dust will not have much "substance" and looks very transparent, as does pollen.  Water looks more "solid" than dust and pollen.  With experience you can begin to tell the difference but it is not always 100% fool proof but you can gain the ability to be very accurate. ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 25 February 2004 - 05:58 AM

well, how does one arrive at the conclusion that orbs are not caused by spirits? Any criteria? Any explanations?
Posted Image

#12 smellyrobbiet

smellyrobbiet

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 12:43 PM

i usually dont bother checking out orb pictures. even if they are real, you see one, youve seen em' all

#13 mizkitty

mizkitty

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:!

Posted 12 March 2004 - 08:38 AM

Something else that I have noticed is that many orb pictures have quite a few reflective surfaces in the room.  So many people are screaming "ORB" when it is very possible that it is just light bouncing around the room. It is only when I rule out every possible RATIONAL explanation that I feel comfortable calling it a true orb, and that is often very difficult to do.

I guess I am the "Velma" of the scooby doo team, looking for the rational scientific stuff, and not the airheaded "Daphne".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users