#31 natas

natas

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 15 August 2002 - 04:11 PM

yep yep, you got that right ;)

so whats your views on this Reyna?
The gates of Hell are open, night and day;Smooth the descent, and easy is the way.

#32 Bardok_911

Bardok_911

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 August 2002 - 10:39 AM

Hey SOF, my advice to u.  Quit pissin people off, because as soon as u piss Juan and Pan off, u've lost, trust me, i've been down that road before.  But, seeing how u already have, have fun losing every argument u put up, valid or not.  They are a great team together, and dont mess with either of them, for it will be your loss.
I've got the urge....to ghost hunt...

#33 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 19 August 2002 - 05:19 PM

But at least the 3 of us are cool now, eh?  ;D

Hey SOF, my advice to u.  Quit pissin people off, because as soon as u piss Juan and Pan off, u've lost, trust me, i've been down that road before.  But, seeing how u already have, have fun losing every argument u put up, valid or not.  They are a great team together, and dont mess with either of them, for it will be your loss.

Posted Image

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. --Ovid--

#34 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 19 August 2002 - 05:20 PM

no puedo deci nada, por que me botas...

Hope I wrote that right or at least that you understand it.

yep yep, you got that right ;)

so whats your views on this Reyna?

Posted Image

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. --Ovid--

#35 natas

natas

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 19 August 2002 - 05:56 PM

Por que no puedes decir nada Reyna? e-mail me ;)
The gates of Hell are open, night and day;Smooth the descent, and easy is the way.

#36 MurdockPSB

MurdockPSB

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:paranormal research, writing, art, photography, psychology, movies, good books, good music, travel.. anything that keeps my life interesting!<br /><br />

Posted 19 August 2002 - 06:04 PM

I have heard a lot of very good comments through the screaming and yelling. I can understand ship's skepticism, and while it is warranted to SOME degree, there has to be a line between believing and disbelieving. Without an open mind, nothing will ever be learned. It's all trial and error. We're all learning  daily and need to help eachother, not be combative and stubborn.
 But just out of curiosity, ship, what do you make of EVP's?? Are they just as "phony" as orbs, mists, and streaks of light?
 Also, I have been investigating for years, and yes, I do review my photos and don't believe everything
i see, but some thing are a mystery after every bit of logic is ruled out.. so, what do you make of this photo? There are no light sources (yes, I'm afraid you have to trust me on that unless you hapopen to be in Ohio and wish to see for yourself) and there isn't any explanation we could come up with at any of the organizations I belong to. Anyone can feel free to comment on it as well.

Ken
"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson"The truth is rarely pure and never simple." - Oscar Wilde

#37 Aurelia

Aurelia

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:I love a little mystery in things. I am also a person who sees a &quot;haunted&quot; place that scares everyone else, and I add it to my list of places to go. My #1 interest to date is my son.

Posted 19 August 2002 - 06:38 PM

I wonder if this kid is even going to come back? If he does...he will find someway to discredit everything we say regardless of the proof we provide.  It used to be that pictures spoke a thousand words, and could be presented as evidence.  It used to be that if it was writing it was true.  But now...to pigheaded people...every picture we take...and everything we testify to is somehow purgery.  To me it seems obvious that if there is a site full of believers that it would speak to those people...and maybe they would say "Hey look at these people...look how many are in this site alone...if there are this many believers maybe it would be worth checking into..." but instead we are labeled nuts, fools and liars.  I am fed up with that...people like that are the reason I didn't come out and start talking about my abilities until two years ago.  My mother is one of those a$$holes...and she still doesn't know.  I guess that means she, and everyone else misses out on something unique, mystifying and fulfilling as what we do/see/photograph and investigate.  If they are that stubborn and scared...that they need to shroud themselves in nothing but routine...they can have their boring lives.  And if you do come back, S.O.F...I'm though arguing with you.  I happen to like and believe my ability...and if I feel I want to be duped by something so simple...I will...regardless of your comments.  It's your loss.  
You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

#38 LordRoan

LordRoan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 02:22 AM

Even'n all just felt like I'd add to this post a bit, I can partially understand where shipoffools was coming from though he definetly went about it the wrong way, because when I look at this photos the first thing I see <in my mind> is the many different explanations for each of those pictures that would explain the abnormalities without being paranormal. Now I am truely a believer in the paranormal because I've seen felt and heard many things first hand, and I've actually learned to believe most of the pictures here, because I've been here talking or at least lurking ;) for over a year now, though still a newbie from to much lurk'n and not enough talk'n, and I've found that most everyone that I've met here seems to be trustworthy and full of friendship to those who come with an open mind and when reading the posts with these pictures they tell you why it can't be a flash reflection or any of the other non paranormal possibilities.  Inorder to trust the pictures you need to take the time to trust the people turning them in instead of attacking them from the get go. Once you trust the people the pictures become much easier to believe, because why would someone you've discovered as trustworthy lie?

Sorry if thats a bit out of place been lurk'n way past my bedtime today :) Good to write to you all again Cindy, Pan, Juan, and all.
Roan {}zzz{:::::::>Safe Journies and Good Blessings!

#39 Aurelia

Aurelia

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:I love a little mystery in things. I am also a person who sees a &quot;haunted&quot; place that scares everyone else, and I add it to my list of places to go. My #1 interest to date is my son.

Posted 21 August 2002 - 10:20 AM

very nicely put roan...it's unfortunate that more people don't use that logic.    ;)
You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

#40 susmith

susmith

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Interests:Photography, hunting, boating, camping

Posted 08 September 2002 - 04:22 AM

I am new to this board but am going to jump in on this one.  From what I understand all views "ARE" welcome here but to come on and state  that certain people who believe in certain pictures are "foolish"???? I mean you insulted a great many people, and I just believe that you could have stated your opinion a little nicer and had it accepted a little easier had you not insulted so many people. Maybe your beginning sentence was a little harsh! I live with a non-believer so I deal with it everyday but dont insult me because if what I believe in! I hope you stay and find something that makes you a believer! I was a non-believer until I got my pic!!!!!
"Those who do not believe are the FIRST to be frightened when something strange occurs"

#41 Amber

Amber

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 September 2002 - 07:39 AM

honestly i find it quite difficult to get a picture of a ghost in less you have a video camera running at all times.  Most of the time all I ever see of a ghost is just a glance.  I've only had one time where if I had a camera I could have got a awsome picture.

• Guests

Posted 15 November 2002 - 08:33 PM

Recently, someone posed this question on a newsgroup:

"What is the best camera for picking up anomalies?"

:;)

Unable to resist this piece of tasty bait, I submitted the following suggestions to heighten the chances of capturing an "anomaly":

1. Digital, digital, digital.  Pixels of 1 or less are recommended
2. do not remove the long, swinging strap--the manufacturer installs
it for a reason
3. do not hold your breath when shooting--breathe freely, especially
on cold days.  You'll be more relaxed and thus better able to
concentrate on the shot.
4. Smoke 'em if you got 'em.  Ghosts are attracted to the smell of
smoke.  The sweeter the smell, the better, if you get my drift, and I
think that you do.
5. Always shoot with a large group.  Make sure at least two are
sensitives and trust the people not to interfere with the shot--they
have a serious job to do after all and are very careful.  They
wouldn't dare risk their credibility in this field.  Plus, you'll have
more witnesses who'll say you didn't smoke when you took that awesome
ectoplasm shot.  And you know what they say, the group mentality is
always superior to the judgment of one.
6. Follow the golden rule:  Always shoot in low-light conditions.
It's common knowledge that ghosts only come out at night.  Or in the
rain.  Or in the winter. Or in the late summer when there are alot of bugs flying around.  Or in dusty rooms and corridors.
7. Orbs have a tendency to show up when you kick around the ground
before taking the shot.
8. When shooting, leave a finger over the lens.  It provides perspective.
9. If all else fails, two words:  ADOBE PHOTOSHOP.  One of the most
underrated ghosthunting tools, photoshop has many features that will
bring out otherwise invisible anomalies.  A definite must for any
serious paranormal investigator.

#43 wayne2241

wayne2241

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X radio network, Mondays at 10pm eastern time, 7pm pacific. Go to http:www.para-x.com

Posted 15 November 2002 - 09:25 PM

Now that's what I call funny. ;D

MRIP

Posted Image

Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X network on Mondays at 9pm eastern time, 7pm pacific time. http:www.para-x.com

#44 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 15 November 2002 - 10:03 PM

TYVM.  

Unfortunately, as an experienced "ghosthuntress",  I regret to say that this will go right over the heads of some <dogmatic? naive?> others in the field, who will not get it.  And will not be amused.  

;)
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#45 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 16 November 2002 - 05:52 AM

You hit the nail on the head with this one Camille.
You definitly got it right.  ;)

What you posted is the simple difference between ghost hunters and researchers of the paranormal.

Eliminate all possiable explaniations and what remains is the truth.

Of literally thousands of photos , only 5% are hard to explain and of those 2% are explainable with further research.

Problem is , that too often than not , folks too easily accept what they see as the truth with no question.

Check out : www.paranormalresearchersofmaryland.com

You may enjoy it. The site is currently under construction but there is some content.

There are a few articles on the site that you may find interesting as well .

Thanks for the laugh,

Ron
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users