• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 shipoffools

shipoffools

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 11:18 AM

>:)

I am a wannabe believer, but I don't appreciate the foolish folks who post scores of photos with the so-called "orbs" and other lens obstructions claiming they're GHOSTS!  In the words of John Stossel - "give me a break!"  Case-in-point the photo on the front page of ghostvillage.com - you would have to be a very young child or a fool to think that a finger and/or a camera strap is a ghost!  And boy, I must have a whole lot of ghosts that follow me, conveniently, every time I take photos because I have had plenty of "orbs" show up on my prints!  Don't waste my time, amateurs, show me the real thing!

#2 CampfireMafiaGhost

CampfireMafiaGhost

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 01:41 PM

I agree about the orbs and camera straps. I always dismiss orb photos. It's always a possibility that it's a spirit, but you can never be too sure. Same thing with fogs, which is my big thing, it can always be smoke, but you can only rely on the honesty of the picture taker. Every picture you will see you'll be skeptical about. It's just the way we think. Some people are more gullible then others, some take a whole lot of convincing. I'm done rambling for now.

#3 jolena73

jolena73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 05:51 PM

It seems some people are discounting orb pictures, but what if your camera does not have a strap? My camera does not have a very long strap. And some of the pictures a friend and I got did contain orbs. And as for the thumb theory, our thumbs/fingers were never near the lenses. And just an FYI, I/we used a Kodak Advantix 2100 auto camera.

#4 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 08:30 PM

Just be your own worst critic.Pic with orbs are just a everyday piece of business any more,but of course everyone wants to see proof,The real ghost pic,the trophy of paranormal research may just be the elusive orb for now.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#5 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 02 August 2002 - 05:06 PM

mmmmmmmmm.... not even gonna do it.....

>:)

I am a wannabe believer, but I don't appreciate the foolish folks who post scores of photos with the so-called "orbs" and other lens obstructions claiming they're GHOSTS!  In the words of John Stossel - "give me a break!"  Case-in-point the photo on the front page of ghostvillage.com - you would have to be a very young child or a fool to think that a finger and/or a camera strap is a ghost!  And boy, I must have a whole lot of ghosts that follow me, conveniently, every time I take photos because I have had plenty of "orbs" show up on my prints!  Don't waste my time, amateurs, show me the real thing!

Posted Image

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. --Ovid--

#6 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 05:23 PM

lol.....Girl!
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#7 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 02 August 2002 - 05:41 PM

I get angry to easy!

Posted Image

#8 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 05:46 PM

I know but some things just crack me up! I read and rotflol.

#9 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 05:36 AM

Some of the pictures definitely seem more credible than others.  By the way, the picture on the main page of Ghostvillage.com changes every time you visit, so if someone goes there now, chances are they won't see the specific image you're referring too.

That being said, check these pictures out, they're among the most impressive I've ever seen: http://www.ghostvill...photography.htm
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#10 hurdingcats

hurdingcats

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 11:48 AM

Im a child in an old ladies body and an amatuer ghost hunter, but I'm learning. True orbs are the most common anamolie because it takes a lot of energy for a spirit to manifest itself. Orbs are low energy followed by ecto. The elusive and much saught after full aparition is a high energy manifestation. I've taken as many as 300 photos on an investigation and only got one anamolie out of the lot, and I was happy to get it. I for one appreciate the effort it takes for these souls to communicate any way they can.

#11 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 01:51 PM

I'll freely admit that some pictures I've taken looked like either the exhuast from my car being on or cigarette smoke, but some pix are real whether you want to believe it or not. Wait a minute.... Is this my mother?  ::)

Posted Image

#12 DiAnn_21

DiAnn_21

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 02:02 PM

Well, if you have all those pictures with "orbs" in it, then why do you want us to prove to you that there are really ghost? Wouldn't it be more fun if you can prove to yourself that there are really ghost out there instead of taking someone else's words and pictures? You don't really know if people are lying or not, but when you see it for yourself, there's no denying it. No need to judge others when you yourself don't even know.  

#13 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 04 August 2002 - 05:19 PM

Yep You know what you have taken a picture of but you don't always know what someone eles has shot.I know if I take a pic and there is ecto, orbs or what ever I can say I believe . I also agree that it takes a lot of energy for a spirit to fully form. You start out from a egg and get a chicken, you start out a orb and get a ghost. I hope you get my drift ???...lol

#14 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 06 August 2002 - 12:37 PM

Well to begin with, everyone sees something different when examining either their photos or photos from another source. I say its either obvious or its not . Its that simple. We are all entitled to belive as we wish regarding orbs as well as other forms of paranormal happenings. Being a skeptic is one thing and being a realist is another but its always in bad taste to bash another persons point of veiw. If you call everyone on the ship (fools) you may find that you are the only fool left on the deck. I respect your point but I also respect the veiws of others . Alot of what I have learned through my many years of ghost and spirit investigation is that the opinions of others are the most valuable resource that I have as an investigator.  If we all belived the same things it would be very boring . I always enjoy another point of veiw. No one is absoutly correct about everything . I invite you to stay around Ghost Village and state those opinions instead of dropping an opinion and leaving . You might find that some folks just might see things your way and you may even make a few friends in the process. I look forward to seeing more posts from you and invite you to check out the Spiritography section ( the entire thing) . You may just find more than meets the eye if you take the time to look .

Best Wishes

Rockhauler2k1
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#15 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 03:36 PM

I would like to under stand what , Ship.O.F.would make you a believer,and what kind of pix are you looking for?What the paranormal mean to you? maybe the orbs that are in your pix are trying to help ya  figure things out ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users