• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 lmackey

lmackey

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 07:42 AM

While I do see the good points on an EMF and do bring mine along on hunts (if not just to give my husband something to play with while investigate--He's a big kid) I prefer to fill my hands with other in my opinion more useful tools such as camera, recorder, diving rods, etc.  I have had good readings in one place and no other signs of activity while that same EMF reading in the same place and differnt day doesn't show anything.  I am like krc in this I have a chill/tingle that starts at the tip of my head to my tail bone that gives me more reliable results, but unfortunately it is hard to document this in a scientific manor.  
lmackey, the (Ghost) Village Idiot

#17 bizkithill

bizkithill

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 04:33 PM

what baselines do we have to measure emf readings against to discern if something is anomalous?? i am aware of no such table.....

#18 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 03:40 AM

I am not sure if we can say that we can get a baseline.  Certainly not from a one time through a home or location.  I think the only real baseline you could get would be an average reading over the course of say a year at the least- and even that is questionable.  I tihnk the best you can do is run readings over a very extended period of time and try to match up any out of the ordinary readings (in ralation to the average readings over the long term abservation) with recorded and witnessed events.
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#19 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 20 February 2004 - 04:30 AM

I don't see the EMF detector as a "stand alone" kind of tool in the first place.  The only purpose that I have found for it at all is simply to guide people toward the energy of a spirit for purposes of directing a camera, camcorder or microphone.  I don't even use mine anymore since I have my own meter within myself that works much better.  Some of our other investigators usually use it but the readings aren't all that important to us when we investigate.  I don't see any real need for baseline readings since the energy levels of a spirit can change.  It can increase and decrease all the time making getting an "absolute" reading virtually impossible in the first place. ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#20 bizkithill

bizkithill

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 05:03 AM

yeah some of the teams i work worth are trying to take steps to establish baseline readings...ive never used an emf detector untill this last weekend, for the simple fact that we have nothing to compare the readings against but anyway i was invited to go along with another team one of them was walking with an emf detector in a building that had all the power shut up (supposedly) well we were going through a concession area and the thing started spiking well everyone started taking pics etc. i waited a minute and then got the detector and started walking around finally localized the field to a partially hidden junction box some 15 feet away, the detector even picked it up on the other side of the wall out in the hallway, do i really have no faith in these things now

#21 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 05:13 AM

Heh, yeah I hear you.  Way too many normal sources for the suckers to pick up on.  Heck, I had a cubicle on the opposite side of juntion box/braker box on cement block wall.  I could not set my computer up the way I wanted becuae the interference made the monitor "wobble".  I'll see for myself soon!  It will certainly be intersting to say the least.  I think they "may" have some merit, if you'd think there'd be more "meat" to a ghost if it put out enough juice to look like a TV or microwave..... then again.... moving an object with no physical body seems to be a awful big feat, heh..
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users