• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 deb749

deb749

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 02:13 PM

My husband and I definately believe in "mists". He has seen a two foot high mist coming straight up out of the ground while outside.He felt the ground, because he couldn't believe what he was seeing, just to see if it was hot or something. It wasn't. No explaination for this; or the mist my daughter-in-law saw rise up from the back of the kitchen chair when she was passing through the kitchen.We have had a lot of unexplainable things happen in our home that was built before the 1900's. I don't necessarily believe in ghosts of the dearly departed, but i know without a doubt, that there is indeed a spirit world, just as there is a physical world.

#17 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 08:18 PM

The pics I have of mist is great its a large area and I took a second pic of the same place within 10 to 15 seconds and the mist was not in the second pic. The temp outside was a very nice 68 degrees and it was taken last May. As you can tell it is in the spring by the leaves on the trees.I live in N.C. and it was a beautiful afternoon, the wind was calm so there was no dust or pollen around(to big an area for pollen).The mist seems to be to my left and forming directly from the ground. I took the picture at a local cemetary. If I can get an address as to where to send the pics it would be greatly appreciated. I have 2 copies of all of my pics so I don't mind sending some copies to be posted.
                                    Trudy

#18 Selemat

Selemat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 09:04 PM

Nice picture, kcrguns!  What compelled you to take this picture?  Did you get an abnormal reading from an instrument, such as an EMF meter or a motion detector?  Did you "have a weird feeling" or sense something?  I tend to think that capturing some sort of anomaly on film at the same time that an instrument registers a peculiar event enhances the argument that the phenomenon is paranormal.

JimTheBrit raises a good point.  Before a paranormal explanation should be considered, we should eliminate all other reasonable natural explanations.  In response I ask kcrguns:  Did any other pictures that were processed with the picture you posted reveal a similar "mist"?  I assume that all the pictures were processed in the same manner.  I would think that, if the "mist" is the result of photo processing, other pictures processed in the same manner from that roll would exhibit the same error.  Photo processing labs used to stick a label on photos in which common errors, such as "thumb obstructing lens," occur.  Did you develop these pictures yourself or rely upon a photo lab?  Is the "mist" visible on the negative?  If so and the mist is not visible on other negatives, you have eliminated the possibility of defective film.        

#19 mastermind73

mastermind73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 02:33 PM

Is the "mist" visible on the negative?  If so and the mist is not visible on other negatives, you have eliminated the possibility of defective film.

Just a question, but what does it matter if the mist appears on other negatives?  I think that would be BETTER.  Assuming that the photos with the mist are all from the same location, and not from totally different places. (e.g.: one here, another in my livingroom at home.)

I have been in photo proscessing for a while, and I have never seen a mist anomaly caused by defective film.  This phenomenon is usually caused by atmosperic conditions or cigarette smoke.  The one that krcguns posted (although I have my doubts about the mist part of it, simply because it IS a mist) is obviously not smoke, and to my trained eye it is also not a film error.  I don't know what the conditions were when he shot that, but I am taking his word for it that they were favorable.  
"If dreams are like movies, Then memories are films about ghosts.You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast.""Don't you remember when we were young, and we wanted to set the world on fire?'Cause I still am, and I still do."

#20 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 04 December 2003 - 08:36 PM

This particular pic was taken when I got my chill.  It runs down my spine when I am near a spirit.  It works much better than an emf meter and has been 100% reliable to this time.  There are a group of four different pics that were all taken on the same roll and developed at the same time obviously.  There are two proceeding it and one following it.  They are from different locations around my van when we got back to it from and investigation.  They are the only four on the 24 exposure roll that came out this way and the mists are all different looking.  I will post them here in order for you.  This is number 1.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#21 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 04 December 2003 - 08:37 PM

Here is number 2.

#22 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 08:39 PM

Number 3 is the one previously posted and this one is number 4.  I would like to note that my chill stopped after taking this pic.

#23 mastermind73

mastermind73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 04 December 2003 - 09:40 PM

Very nice, krc.  I am getting warmed up a little bit to this mist thing.

BTW...
Your van is DIRTY in those pics.  LOL... I wouldn't be able to resist writing "wash me" in your back window when you weren't looking and blaming it on a ghost.[smiley=cwm4.gif]  Immature? Yep.  Funny? I think so.

Ok, sorry.  On to more serious subjects.

If anyone is interested in seeing a false orb, there is one in all four of these pics.  You may have to turn up the brightness on your monitor a little bit, but it's there.  Look at the top of any one of the photos, in almost the dead center of the frame.  It looks like there is something on the lens causing this.  I know it's false because it looks exactly the same in all four frames, not to mention being in the same place in the pic despite the pic being taken in different locations.

One other thing to say before I go is that it looks like the mist is right in your face in the last photo!  cool!  Thanks for sharing!
"If dreams are like movies, Then memories are films about ghosts.You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast.""Don't you remember when we were young, and we wanted to set the world on fire?'Cause I still am, and I still do."

#24 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 03:38 AM

I was actually impressed with the cleanliness of the van considering it was a very dry, summer night and we had to go down about 3 miles of dirt road to get there.  LOL! [smiley=cwm2.gif]

I did see a few dust orbs in the pics too, the only "true" orb that I captured in these shots was in the third pic (which was the first posted of course).  I just have to ask myself...why would only 4 pics in an entire roll taken at one location on the same night (within about 15-20 minutes) end up with this mist?  The weather didn't change, etc. and the only thing I can come up with is paranormal.  I am glad to see that you are warming up to the whole mist thing because I think that they are (not in all cases of course) a very real part of the paranormal. [smiley=cwm39.gif]

#25 stevenedel

stevenedel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 05:40 AM

Well guys, as this thread is on the skeptics board it seems about time to let skepticism kick in. Here goes:

How do you know an anomalous mist from a normal one? Did you study large quantities of mist-pictures of any type systematically? Are you an expert in meteorology? And if so, what are the rules by which you distinguish normal from anomalous? If I put 200 pics of mists of all kinds in front of ten experts on paranormal mist anomalies, would they all pick out the same pictures as being of a supernatural nature? Has something like that ever been tried? If they would agree, I would find that a least a little bit more convincing than random postings of blurry pics, offered including their ´explanation´ - even though their agreement would still not prove these anomalies are ghosts. Neither does getting chills. I get chills under all kinds of conditions. I´m sure I would get a few walking around graveyards at night. Power of (self)suggestion has been known to induce far more spectacular symptoms than a mere chill.
Also, wouldn´t it be better to install a sensitive camcorder and record live footage instead of making flashpics under conditions that are totally unsuitable for good photography?
Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence. (Carl Sagan)

#26 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 06:41 PM

Ok...I guess that I would judge that as a fair question.  Here is one for you.  What does the meterology dictionary use as the proper term for a mist that is not able to be seen by the human eye but is there and will only show up on film for a very limited, very small amount of time?  This mist was not able to be seen by anyone that was there.  Heck, ask whispers_of_fire he was there as well as rah6655.  None of them saw it either.  I guess if this mystery mist exists I would surely learn something new in knowing what the meterologists call it. [smiley=cwm9.gif]

#27 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 12:48 PM

Ok, didn't mean to ask the impossible question and shut down the board.  I was really genuinely curious about what kind of mist this would be.   [smiley=cwm1.gif]

#28 Paul_G

Paul_G

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 19 December 2003 - 07:33 PM

Are there any pictures of mists or orbs during the day and outside? If mists and orbs aren't in any way related to physical causes like lighting conditions or moisture or some type of reflection, then surely there must be examples of both of these phonomena with good, clean shots in perfectly clear lighting.

I can't tell you what that type of mist is, or any of the other kinds of mists that are in these pics because I've never been around when that happened. I also know almost nothing about that kind of thing. But that doesn't mean it's ghostly.

#29 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 19 December 2003 - 10:17 PM

Ask and ye shall receive!  Here is a pic of an orb taken during daylight hours.  There was NO flash used when I took this pic.  The sun was also behind the trees enough that it eliminated the possibility of reflection.

By the way there were a few clouds but it was a very dry day and no moisture was there.

[smiley=cwm28.gif]

#30 Paul_G

Paul_G

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 20 December 2003 - 09:20 AM

Thats interesting... I don't know what to make of that. I'm all out of arguments :-).

I still would have to get some first hand experience I think, and I'd like to hear what skeptics with more experience in photography have to say, but that's certainly the most convincing pic of an orb that I've ever seen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users