Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Re: Why don't ghosts come out in the daytime??????

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 Oceanfairy69

Oceanfairy69

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 08:36 AM

8) They do come out through the day and most people relate ghosts/hauntings to night time because its a time that is scarier. I have had many experiences in the day. When i was little we lived in a haunted house of on old man that didnt want us there and he would torment me throught the day and everyone else at night. lol. You just have to look a little closer during the day.  ;D

• Guests

Posted 21 December 2003 - 01:58 PM

Hi Gladys.

I have had most of my experiences with ghost in the daytime.  I have some pics of my son with orbs that were taken in the day time and the EVPs that I have recorded were recorded in the daytime.  I especially hear them early in the morning around 5 or 6 a.m.

Maybe some come out at night because when they were alive they use to stay up late. Maybe some come out in the daytime because that was when they functioned better as people.  These are only my opinions of course:-)

Hope you will stay with us for a while.

#18 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 12:05 AM

often, peopl have encounters in the evening, because simply, that's when they are msot liekly at home, resting, or not anywhere... and they are relaxed, and more open.... the wame with in bed, as it is also uiet, and you're more likely to notice something....

#19 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 13 January 2004 - 12:25 AM

often, peopl have encounters in the evening, because simply, that's when they are msot liekly at home, resting, or not anywhere... and they are relaxed, and more open.... the wame with in bed, as it is also uiet, and you're more likely to notice something....

Could it also be because of "that" subconcious "fear of the dark" factor?
Posted Image

#20 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 07:23 AM

Good point Moon. It is much scaryier going into a dark room. I remember as a child laying in bed in the dark how shadows can turn into monsters :o The boogyman only comes out at night ;D
I think that spirits are there all the time. their more visable at night maybe due to the moisture in the air and the lack of light. I have seen shadow ppl during the day though.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#21 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 09:19 AM

that is possible... I think it could be a combination of the "afraid of the dark", the less light, and a few other combining factors... plus, in the movies, that's always when the ghosts come out.

#22 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 15 January 2004 - 04:54 AM

I don't see it as much as fear but more of "heightened awareness".  Of course there is more fear but not all of it is fear.  Let's say for instance if you are walking down a city street;  would you be afraid of being attacked by a tiger?  Probably not but if you were walking alone in Africa?  It may cross your mind and your awareness may perhaps be heightened.  We are trained through childhood that things go "bump" in the night and aren't told that when a place is haunted, it is haunted during the day also.  Just my opinion. ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#23 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 02:44 PM

Lions, Tigers and Bears OH MY!! krc, now I'm gona be looking for tigers down dark streets. jk..I think your right the highten awareness. I would definately be more aware of my surroundings in the dark. I have also been scared to the point of Miss peepee pants during the day :o
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#24 lmackey

lmackey

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 10:23 AM

I agree with krc on the heightened awareness.  It is scientifically known that when one or more of your senses are not present (sight in the case of being in a dark room) your other senses will heighten to "make up" for your lost sense.

I also believe that another reason the myth of the ghosts coming out only at night was the unknown.  In the dark you are surrounded by the unknown, you can never be sure of what is right around the corner or 2 feet from your face.  Ghosts have frightened for the unknown aspect also.  I think the ghost story lores all added the two together to make a frighting tale, that stuck, and people believe you can't have one without the other.  
 I find most activity happens durring the day, but we are the living and life does go on for us.  We are busy with our families, our jobs, our minds are active, therefor we do not always have our radar up.
lmackey, the (Ghost) Village Idiot

#25 NASCARGURL1

NASCARGURL1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Location:x1|TORONTO|Canada|canada|379|399|ON,Ontariox1|TORONTO|Canada|canada|379|399|ON,Ontariox1|TORONTO|Canada|canada|379|399|ON,Ontari

Posted 22 January 2004 - 10:47 AM

Like most here...I too believe that there is a possiblility for spirits to make themselves known at any time of the day. I have had multiple experiences myself at all times of the day.

I honestly believe that spirts show themselves to us when they feel our energy is relaxed, be that during the day or night.

Mind you I also believe that it is easier for them (spirts) to manipulate our earthly world during the times of 11PM to 6AM.

Just my 2 cents.

#26 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 24 January 2004 - 02:16 PM

Welcome Nascargurl, I hope you enjoy your time at GV. That's a good piont you made about being relaxed, something that I never thought about. Hope to hear more from you.Let me know if you ever need help with anything.

secretsign
skeptics MOD

#27 NASCARGURL1

NASCARGURL1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Location:x1|TORONTO|Canada|canada|379|399|ON,Ontariox1|TORONTO|Canada|canada|379|399|ON,Ontariox1|TORONTO|Canada|canada|379|399|ON,Ontari

Posted 25 January 2004 - 09:21 AM

Hi Secret

Thanks for the offer to help.  :D I find this board to be one of the friendliest boards of this nature. Every1 on here seems to be so accomodating, friendly and .... well .... nice!
:) ;) :D ;D ::)

#28 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 01:22 PM

Thanks,
Nascargurl :) we give it our best.

#29 wayne2241

wayne2241

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X radio network, Mondays at 10pm eastern time, 7pm pacific. Go to http:www.para-x.com

Posted 31 January 2004 - 06:15 AM

I have done investigations both during the day and during the night and have had good results with both. I think it is part of ghost folklore that supernatural or paranormal activity only happens at night. However, it is true that sometimes better results can be achieved at night, but this is due to a quieter environment with less normal activity as opposed to daytime, making it easier somewhat to recognize paranormal phenomena. But in my experience, it makes no difference whether it be day or night. If it's haunted it's haunted.

MRIP

Posted Image

Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X network on Mondays at 9pm eastern time, 7pm pacific time. http:www.para-x.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users