Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Gear suggestions? Whatve you got? We have:...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CTPASTS

CTPASTS

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:09 PM

I our gear bags we have the following:

2 reel up extension cords with 20 foot cables

1 Squid extension cord

3 rechargeable 15 mile walky talkies

a handful of flashlights

3 digital cameras ( 2 point and shoot, a professional digital SLR )

2 Pocket camcorders

Numerous rechargeable batteries and chargers

Digital IR non contact thermometer

a few compasses

6 voice recorders ( 5 digital, one analogue )

2 Laptops

3 Webcams

1 Strobe Light

1 IR tree mount hunting game camera

Tripods

10 - 15 pair headphones and splitters

6 black and decker 4 hour battery bricks with AC and USB power source (amazing batteries)

Corresponding Jackets, Shirts

3 IR security cameras with 100ft of cord each

Full DVR system with support for 4 cameras and portable screen

new van

Working on a thermal right now
If you've got a presence, call CT PASTS!

#2 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:43 PM

In my tool box you may find the following these days. I have included a few comments regarding some of the equipment, any questions about the equipment, ask!

General:
1. - 8 Channel datalogger system with sensors for temperature, humidity, voltage, proximity sensing, and 2 general A-D Conversion modules
2. - BEC Dynamic EMF Monitor
3. - BEC Static EMF Monitor (These two are used instead of the more common EMF Meters)
4. - Power Module that provides power for areas away from the power grid. (12 VDC and 120 VAC)
5. - FLIR system - (works good but seldom used as it has been found ineffective for paranormal research)
6. - Radiation monitor (Geiger counter) Also seldom used as no evidence of radiation has ever been detected. Some UFO landing locations are purported to have background radiation though.

Video and Photographic:
1. - Three VHS systems comprised of a separate camera, monitor, and recorder each.
2. - IR camera and illuminator compatable with the above as an option
3. - Interchangable lenses for the above video cameras.
4. - 35 mm SLR film camera. (for evidence gathering)
5. - Old VHS camcorder (seldom used these days)
6. - 6 mpix digital camera for general applications.

Audio:
1. - BEC EVamP2 mixer board.
2. - 3 electret microphones
3. - 2 Inductive pickups
4. - ESF Pickup
5. - Various mic extnsion cables
6.. - Harmon Kardon stereo cassette recorder deck for EVP work
7. - Scott Cassette stereo recorder deck for EVP work.
8. - Koss Headphones for real-time monitoring of EVPs
9. - High Gain single channel audio amplifier with shotgun mic (long distance outdoor EVP and other audio monitoring) Can also be fed into EVamP2 mixer.
10 - 15 watt stereo amplifier for EVP experimental transmission project and general applications.
11 - Sony voice recorder for witness interviews and logging only NOT EVER USED FOR EVPs

Lab and Analysis Equipment :
1. - HP Audio frequency spectrum analyzer
2. - Tektronix 4 channel oscilloscope
3. - 2 Audio frequency function generators
4. - Digital and conventional Voltmeter and ohmeters (for equipment evaluation)
5. - BEC 3 channel parametric equalizer with noise and shelving gates (EVP analysis)
6. - Computer and software for reading the data captured by the datalogger system
7. - Logging and recording magnetic anomaly detector. (Monitors for possible field disturbances associated with UFOs.)
CaveRat......
Visit my website

#3 DeadTrish

DeadTrish

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:44 PM

In my tool box you may find the following these days. I have included a few comments regarding some of the equipment, any questions about the equipment, ask!

General:
1. - 8 Channel datalogger system with sensors for temperature, humidity, voltage, proximity sensing, and 2 general A-D Conversion modules
2. - BEC Dynamic EMF Monitor
3. - BEC Static EMF Monitor (These two are used instead of the more common EMF Meters)
4. - Power Module that provides power for areas away from the power grid. (12 VDC and 120 VAC)
5. - FLIR system - (works good but seldom used as it has been found ineffective for paranormal research)
6. - Radiation monitor (Geiger counter) Also seldom used as no evidence of radiation has ever been detected. Some UFO landing locations are purported to have background radiation though.

Video and Photographic:
1. - Three VHS systems comprised of a separate camera, monitor, and recorder each.
2. - IR camera and illuminator compatable with the above as an option
3. - Interchangable lenses for the above video cameras.
4. - 35 mm SLR film camera. (for evidence gathering)
5. - Old VHS camcorder (seldom used these days)
6. - 6 mpix digital camera for general applications.

Audio:
1. - BEC EVamP2 mixer board.
2. - 3 electret microphones
3. - 2 Inductive pickups
4. - ESF Pickup
5. - Various mic extnsion cables
6.. - Harmon Kardon stereo cassette recorder deck for EVP work
7. - Scott Cassette stereo recorder deck for EVP work.
8. - Koss Headphones for real-time monitoring of EVPs
9. - High Gain single channel audio amplifier with shotgun mic (long distance outdoor EVP and other audio monitoring) Can also be fed into EVamP2 mixer.
10 - 15 watt stereo amplifier for EVP experimental transmission project and general applications.
11 - Sony voice recorder for witness interviews and logging only NOT EVER USED FOR EVPs

Lab and Analysis Equipment :
1. - HP Audio frequency spectrum analyzer
2. - Tektronix 4 channel oscilloscope
3. - 2 Audio frequency function generators
4. - Digital and conventional Voltmeter and ohmeters (for equipment evaluation)
5. - BEC 3 channel parametric equalizer with noise and shelving gates (EVP analysis)
6. - Computer and software for reading the data captured by the datalogger system
7. - Logging and recording magnetic anomaly detector. (Monitors for possible field disturbances associated with UFOs.)

The most comprehensive list I've ever seen. :ghost:
TrishDirector/ConsultantAfterlife Investigations: A Paranormal Research SocietyMEMENTO MORI

#4 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:38 PM

Cave,

your data logger...what type do you use and any recommendations for a start-up group on the most user-friendly and cost effective to get?

I was also wondering about those remote weather stations...they have some that offer direct data-logging now via USB. Have you or anyone else had any experience with those?

Thanks!

Dave
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#5 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:36 AM

Cave,

your data logger...what type do you use and any recommendations for a start-up group on the most user-friendly and cost effective to get?

I was also wondering about those remote weather stations...they have some that offer direct data-logging now via USB. Have you or anyone else had any experience with those?

Thanks!

Dave

I use one I originally built as a solar heat controller. It has 8 inputs that were intended for temperature sensors, but were modified to accept any 0 to 5 volt input. They are sampled at various rates and the data saved in the system's memory. I can use any sensor for anything as long as it meets the input requirements. currently I have temperature, humidity, barometric, ambient light, and can attach it to the analog output on my EMF monitor.. I also have three on / off sensors that do just that, determine simply if a device they are connected to is on or off.

Later I can read it out via USB and display the data in a graph form or save it to a spread sheet in the computer. The system is similar to an Omega Instruments AD128 system they sell only not quite as compact.

The remote weather stations should work well for this as you suggest. I have one here that I use as weather station but have never tried it on an investigation. Although mine does not have a USB port, it might be worth considering though simply as a monitoring method
CaveRat......
Visit my website

#6 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:30 PM

I love to add the: plus all these things

A bottle of water
An energy drink mix
granola bar
Tea bags and sugar
hard candies
gum
Cell phone
There is nothing left to say.Me

#7 Ath

Ath

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:53 AM

lol all i got is a Canon EOS 30D, with Sigma 12-24mm EX DG super wide, 50mm f/1.4 and a Canon EOS film SLR.

#8 Mrx3010

Mrx3010

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:55 PM

Nothing big just a small list.

MEL 8704
Olympus VN-4100 PC
K2
Sony night shot camcorder
Kodak and many various still cams
Mini dv recorder