Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

i would like to believe, but......

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 13 May 2003 - 06:34 PM

There are many TV shows that have been created solely for the purpose of proving that there is life after death. "Sightings" and "Encounters" to name a couple. Also the state of California has recognized the Whaley house as a haunted location. I believe that it is the only haunted house that is recognized by California. So, I think that if a state recognizes spiritual entities then it is only a matter of time.

#32 haunted

haunted

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:01 AM

The spirit world will always have an advantage over us. Science that is.

#33 ohhorror

ohhorror

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Photography, I love digital infrared photography, History, Computers and of course computer games, Psychology, Strip Clubs, Oh, and of course ghost hunting and paranormal studies.

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:34 AM

I think science will prove it...someday!!

I think we are getting closer, there is much more in the way of equipment at lower costs. Problem is science will not accept the paranormal because the results cannot be duplicated in a laboratory setting.

We can however apply as much science as we can to understand our findings.
Posted Image Founder of the Connecticut Paranormal Research Team - www.ctparanormal.comhttp://www.myspace.com/ghosthunterx

#34 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 14 May 2003 - 09:56 AM

ohhorror...you make a very good point about them not being able to duplicate it in a lab.  Who is to say though that the lab may not eventually be in...say...a cemetary where they can reproduce an experiment.  I'm sure that 50 years ago if you told them that we would be sitting here having this conversation in this way they would have thought we were nuts!  We never know my friend what the future holds for us! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#35 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 14 May 2003 - 04:58 PM

Hi All,

Problem with science is that scientists tend to flat our reject any evidence that does not fit into their paradigm :;)
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#36 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 14 May 2003 - 05:39 PM

flying...how true that is but I sure hope that someday the perfect proof is captured by whatever technology exists and they will have no choice!! ;D

#37 haunted

haunted

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 07:54 AM

flyingorb
Problem with science is that scientists tend to flat our reject any evidence that does not fit into their paradigm :;)

this is true. Science wants to see with the eyes.
Science will never find a soul...thats one example.

#38 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 08:38 AM

Hi KRC, Haunted,

It's even worse than either of you think.  (Because there are no ghosts, there can be no evidence that proves their existance) that my friend is the attitude of many.  Closed minds cannot be opened.  If a ghost were to come and kick some nonbelievers in the butt, they would claim that they simply tripped! *snicker* ;)
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#39 dntueva

dntueva

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 09:05 AM

I have to put something on this subject.
Ok I belive, I have since I was 10 or so.

I have just recently started into investigationg for my own answers to my own questions.

Are there Ghosts in the graveyard?

Why are they there?

What are they waiting on?

Why havent they moved along to the next plaine?

I went to the Graveyard.
I did the photo's Also the recordings.

Ok I thought well maybe there are and maybe there arent ghosts there.
I got some photos with things in them I cant explain.

I got a recording with a womans voice singing " if you dont leave I'm gonna grab you"!

Ok the photo's I could, as anyone could, write those of as whatever IF I wanted to. Weather, moisture,reflextion of light off of?

I dont choose to write them off as those things cause I want to belive there is something other than out there in the graveyard.

As for the voice on the tape?
That is different.
There were no women with us. were werent together when the voice came on to the tape. I was in one corner and my nephew was in another corner of the grave yard.
I was asking for what I recieved. "If anyone here would like to communicate with me in anyway"?
Thats an invitation to speak to me!

Hey, that tape was brand new, out of the packaging.
I wasnt humming that tune or those words!

What other explanation can I come up with ?

None, something other than myself put those sounds , words, on my taperecorder, when no one but me was around it.

Thats interesting to me. It makes me want to learn more.
I also scares the heck out of me, wich to me is fun Ill admit it I was scared.
But what does that do to your mind ?
Does it make you use your imagination ?
Does it make you rethink  your own answers to your own questions ?
I was just wondering if anyone else gets these questions popping up in thier head ?
does it make you want to learn more ?
It does me.
I am after the knowledge, the answers to my questions.

Hey thanks for listening to my answer.
Michael

Posted ImageIt Always Pays To Pay Attention

#40 haunted

haunted

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 09:11 AM

puzzled. ???
Ok, so I couldnt call you crazy then right :-/
Only you would know because of your experience....

• Guests

Posted 16 May 2003 - 11:18 AM

I found this on the GHOSM website under their newpaper articles featuring themselves.  

quote-Says Joe Nickell of the Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal in Amherst, N.Y., "There is no scientific evidence that ghosts exist. And none of this equipment -- none of it -- is made to detect ghosts. One of the sensitives will say, 'I feel a chill here,' and the person with the electro-magnetic meter rushes over, and of course the needle is going crazy. Because you've just moved it." -quote. :o

quote-"I feel sorry for people who categorically deny there are spirits," she says, shaking her head. "They miss so much."-quote.

I believe that the first portion is exactly what most people believe. And I agree with the last comment. ;D

#42 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 11:20 AM

Ok...flying your point is exactly right, but (and I'm not trying to change the thread but only want to make a point)...Do any of the disbelievers believe in any religion???  They can't touch that or see it with their own eyes.  If they do...I say that they are very hipocritical.   ;D

• Guests

Posted 16 May 2003 - 11:26 AM

Hey Krc! I believe you have a very good point! Way to go.  ;D

#44 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 02:59 PM

I found this on the GHOSM website under their newpaper articles featuring themselves.  

quote-Says Joe Nickell of the Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal in Amherst, N.Y., "There is no scientific evidence that ghosts exist. And none of this equipment -- none of it -- is made to detect ghosts. One of the sensitives will say, 'I feel a chill here,' and the person with the electro-magnetic meter rushes over, and of course the needle is going crazy. Because you've just moved it." -quote. :o

quote-"I feel sorry for people who categorically deny there are spirits," she says, shaking her head. "They miss so much."-quote.

I believe that the first portion is exactly what most people believe. And I agree with the last comment. ;D

Hi SpectoralHigh,

When the article came out I was tempted to check and see who Joe Nickel was, but got involved with more important things.  He is technically correct, but he was NEVER at the investigation the article talks about.  The person that wrote the article knew this and for some reason inserted the comment, course the whole article had comments inserted by Hodges that had nothing to do with the investigation, or the information asked of us.  The best use of an EMF meter, in my opinion, is stationary and tuned to the location.  That way anything entering will trigger it and will negate most false alarms.

Good point KRC, but it will be lost on a closed mind.

dntueva, EVP is something that still spooks me out.  When I know I am alone, ask a question and get the entities name, that's a mystery ;)

• Guests

Posted 17 May 2003 - 08:05 PM

Hey Flying,
I didn't realize that he wasn't at the investigation with you all. But I think that what he was quoted as saying was his own ignorant view on a subject that he is supposed to be an expert on which is pretty sad. And as it is right now I have had no experience with an EMF meter. Guess I should find out more about that contraption, huh? ;) Personally, I think that the article was a peice of horse hockey that was put out because of Halloween :(. Good luck on your future investigations  ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users