The Guilty Pleasure Thread!

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#61 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:04 PM

Starbucks Chocolate... Haven't had any in awhile, though... I should pick some up tomorrow when I'm goin' grocery shopping... Triple H's butt, Southern and NYC accents (blamin' mom for the NYC accent!), collecting WWE action figures (have a John Cena Unmatched Fury figure, Matt Hardy Classic SuperStars figure, and a Matt Hardy Build'n'Brawl figure sittin' on the CPU atm...), WWE related baseball hats...

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#62 jenkob

jenkob

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, spirits, angels, other-worldly entities. <br />Reading when I have the time, visits to the mountains or ocean. Historic places, cemeteries, archives, genealogy. <br />Ghost tours, hunts-though I have never been on one, communication, witches and spirit mediums.<br />Other interests: Incredible out-of-body experiences, visitations, various psychic phenomena. Waverly Manor in Louisville, KY.

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:23 AM

Stayin' up late to make entries in GV, ghost chat, etc. when I should be sleeping!

#63 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:02 AM

Watching up to 207 episodes of Bleach and then collecting all its manga.
And Coca Cola...
Maybe strawberries..
Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

#64 cotton08

cotton08

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:I'm a scrub nurse, I have a rescued black lab and another puppy that's half black lab and half Chihuaha (sp?) - strange looking dog, but sweet. I became interested in EVP when my fiance passed. - I wrote about that somewhere else in my profile. (my real name's Connie)<br /><br />I like to swim, go to flea markets and antique malls - I am OBSESSED with anything from the 40's. Don't know why.<br /><br />I use poems, music lyrics, whatever, and make strangely beautiful, poignant 'pieces' out of paper, ripped up towels, glue, newspaper, jewelry, glitter, dirt, sand, anything I happen to see. Hard to describe, you'd just have to see them. That's my favorite thing to do, just create something out of nothing that makes people laugh or cry - brings them outta themselves for a while.

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:25 AM

Tell us your guilty pleasures. What movies, music, food, TV shows, etc. do you find that is not bad, but yet it's not all that good either? You like it but are just too embarrassed to admit! Share with us we won't tell, honest!

MOVIE:I watch My Cousin Vinny at least twice a week, have since it came out. :whoohoo:

FOOD: My favorite snack is a Hatfield & McCoy - a piece of bologna, spread peanut butter on it, lay a dill pickle on it, roll it up. YUM! :Spaz:

MUSIC: my favorite CD is O Brother Where Art Thou, which was considered "cool" when the movie came out, but it's not cool anymore, but I still love it. :headbang:

TV: I used to love Steve Wilkos, now I can't stand him. American Idol, but I swear that show gets worse every year. :Wall:

ETC: The one thing I do that I hide from people is ghost hunting, if they find out, they look at you funny, but then every year around Halloween, everyone becomes very interested in asking you about it. :ghost:

#65 jenkob

jenkob

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, spirits, angels, other-worldly entities. <br />Reading when I have the time, visits to the mountains or ocean. Historic places, cemeteries, archives, genealogy. <br />Ghost tours, hunts-though I have never been on one, communication, witches and spirit mediums.<br />Other interests: Incredible out-of-body experiences, visitations, various psychic phenomena. Waverly Manor in Louisville, KY.

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:11 PM

Tell us your guilty pleasures. What movies, music, food, TV shows, etc. do you find that is not bad, but yet it's not all that good either? You like it but are just too embarrassed to admit! Share with us we won't tell, honest!

MOVIE:I watch My Cousin Vinny at least twice a week, have since it came out. :whoohoo:

FOOD: My favorite snack is a Hatfield & McCoy - a piece of bologna, spread peanut butter on it, lay a dill pickle on it, roll it up. YUM! :Spaz:

MUSIC: my favorite CD is O Brother Where Art Thou, which was considered "cool" when the movie came out, but it's not cool anymore, but I still love it. :headbang:

TV: I used to love Steve Wilkos, now I can't stand him. American Idol, but I swear that show gets worse every year. :Wall:

ETC: The one thing I do that I hide from people is ghost hunting, if they find out, they look at you funny, but then every year around Halloween, everyone becomes very interested in asking you about it. :ghost:

Movie: Harry Potter, watch at least 1 time per month
Food: Pizza, Mexican, Chinese, breakfast all times of the day/night
Music: Led Zep, Eric Clapton, Beatles...oh I love the soundtrack from O Brother Where Art Thou, sing duets with my daughter (impromptu)
TV: Still like Jerry Springer, I know he is so lame, but the show is hilarious!

#66 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:30 PM

Movie: Behind Enemy Lines:Columbia and The Marine
Food: Starbucks Chocolate
Music: Big & Rich
Song: Chacarron Macarron by El Mundo (I'm blaming a vid on YouTube.), and The Hampster Dance. (And I'm blaming this one on a Postie friend of mine from HS. Dang you Renon!)
TV: WWE Raw, ECW and Smackdown. Hey, buncha hot as heck guys runnin' 'round half- or mostly-nude? What more could a girl ask for?!? (Don't answer that, Balo.)
Etc: Collecting WWE Superstar hats. (Sstill wanna get one of John Cena's and Matt Hardy if he has one. Ooooo, and 'Taker!!!!)

Posted Image

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

#67 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:38 AM

I love to eat figs....what a pleasure!

Edited by axlfoley, 06 March 2009 - 05:39 AM.

Whatever

#68 Twilight_Raine

Twilight_Raine

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Music is my life, Children are wonderful, I sing and play violin, I love reading, Playing around on websites, movies are fun, too. I love to hang out with friends and family.

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:45 AM

I'd rather hang out with my mom than go out and make friends my own age.

I am Twilight_RaineThe only ghost I ever sawWas dressed in mechlin, --so;He wore no sandal on his foot,And stepped like flakes of snow.His gait was soundless, like the bird,But rapid, like the roe;His fashions quaint, mosaic,Or, haply, mistletoe.Emily Dickenson

#69 jenkob

jenkob

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 01:17 PM

Um ok, that is not very healthy socially but I love my raindrop!

#70 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:26 PM

Lurve Venom Mojave Rattler.... So good, and watch out for a wired Lycan.

Posted Image

#71 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:02 AM

chocolate covered almonds.

#72 frither

frither

Had delusions of being Superwoman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:13 AM

Movie: Somewhere In Time ~ one of the ultimate chick flicks
TV Show: Supernatural
Food: Chocolate in darn near any form
Music: In general, darn near anything by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Santana and in particular, Pie Jesu when sung by the Priests (guaranteed to make me cry), and Merry Christmas Darling by The Carpenters (story behind that I might share one day)
Etc: Perfume (thankfully, I have a wholesale account with a place that makes pretty-darn-close-to-the-origional in perfume oil form so that particular guilty pleasure only costs $1.49 a pop), books and shopping at Dollar Tree.

#73 Billydew

Billydew

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Reading intelligently written books, listening to music (folk/blues/rock/'50s/'60s/'70s),art,writing poetry, vegetarian cookery, history, animals, astrology and all things mystical, countryside, some T.V., some radio, films, theatre, restaurants, art galleries and museums.

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:25 AM

Escaping into a good book when I should be doing so many other more practical things. Playing Bob Dylans "Positively 4th Street" very loudly, and singing along with it equally loudly when someone has annoyed me. Doing the same thing to John Lennons "Working Class Hero" if the person who's annoyed me happens to be a boss. Listening to Janis Joplins "Little Girl Blue" over and over when I'm feeling sad and crying it out of my system. More of a wallow than a pleasure but hey, it works for me. And I would of course add chocolate too, but I've given up feeling guilty about that. Life's just too short!
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again." Thomas Paine.

#74 Billydew

Billydew

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Reading intelligently written books, listening to music (folk/blues/rock/'50s/'60s/'70s),art,writing poetry, vegetarian cookery, history, animals, astrology and all things mystical, countryside, some T.V., some radio, films, theatre, restaurants, art galleries and museums.

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:20 AM

Just thought of another one! Watching history documentaries presented by a young scottish archeaologist called Neil Oliver, just because he has the most romantic sounding Scottish accent I've ever heard!! Wish we'd had history teachers like him when I was at school.....
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again." Thomas Paine.

#75 frither

frither

Had delusions of being Superwoman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:39 PM

Since I grew up surrounded by Scots burrs, the sound of one makes me think of comfort, home and family.

Da (rest him) was a history nut and ruined me for the drone-drone-date-location-drone-drone we had in school. Given a choice of that or the mesmerizing, hang-on-to-every-word stories Da told.....hmmmm;)

More guilty pleasures:
1. Turning on the Christmas tree lights, turning down the overhead lights and zenning out
2. Running out and dancing around in the first snowfall of the season
3. Drinking just-this-side-of-frozen buttermilk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users