Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

What Physical Activity do you Do to stay Fit / Healthy?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#16 frither

frither

Had delusions of being Superwoman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:09 AM

In between bouts of sciatica (unfortunately, they are coming more frequently), I use a low-impact dance aerobic routine that I designed and choreographed. When I'm too stove up to do that, I walk/hobble. Don't know that my dance aerobics would work for anyone else but it's helped me lose 55 lbs. in the past 10 months <yea me! :P >

#17 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 04:15 PM

Yay for frither! And contratulations on having the will-power, determination and persistence to accomplish such a task!

I also do some lightweight toning exercises, some with weights, some without, but I may have to bump up the weights soon as they seem to not be working as well lately.

Amongst the very MANY things I bought today (most of which were probably unnecessary :P ), I finally purchased a new set of free weights and a weight rack. They're super-sweet, top-of-the-line ones and they cost more than what I would normally let myself spend spontaneously, but I'm glad I bought them :) Now I'll be able to keep getting ripped and really kick some butt! :lol:
Posted Image

#18 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:09 PM

Nite Clubbing...dancing for hours on end can really shed a few pounds!...lol!

#19 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:45 AM

Nite Clubbing...

Just as long as it doesn't involve harp seals! :)
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#20 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:57 PM

Nite Clubbing...

Just as long as it doesn't involve harp seals! :wow:

Laughing at your posts must count burn a few cals Axman...you are sooo funny! :lol: :lol:

#21 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:35 PM

Weight lifting, a martial art style with both Chinese and Japanese roots called Kenpo, and shootfighting which is a mixed martial arts style using western boxing and wrestling, muay thai kickboxing, Jiu-Jitsu, and submission grappling.

#22 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:10 AM

Last Sunday, our friends and I got active with a great game of good old fashioned Dodgeball!

#23 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:08 PM

Volleyball a few days ago and rollerblading last night.

#24 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:50 PM

went swimming last night...might go again tonite since it's soooo hot outside

#25 frither

frither

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:39 PM

Still doing the dance aerobics when I can and walking/hobbling when I can't.

#26 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:22 AM

After lunch today, a game of beach volleyball with my friends.

#27 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:55 PM

Went for a casual walk around the neighborhood after dinner.

#28 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:40 PM

did the stairmaster thing when I got home today while the football game was on in the living room.

#29 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:51 PM

Walking at work (Hey, I'm a custodian. Apperently helped, since Marie and my mom both commented that I'm apperently getting more of a defined shape.) and biking into work.

(Does drooling over Batista and Triple H count?)

Posted Image

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=9281971

#30 frither

frither

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:03 PM

dance aerobics 6x a week. When the weather starts getting cooler, I'll start adding going for a walk to the mix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users