Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

What Physical Activity do you Do to stay Fit / Healthy?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#16 frither

frither

Had delusions of being Superwoman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:09 AM

In between bouts of sciatica (unfortunately, they are coming more frequently), I use a low-impact dance aerobic routine that I designed and choreographed. When I'm too stove up to do that, I walk/hobble. Don't know that my dance aerobics would work for anyone else but it's helped me lose 55 lbs. in the past 10 months <yea me! :P >

#17 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 04:15 PM

Yay for frither! And contratulations on having the will-power, determination and persistence to accomplish such a task!

I also do some lightweight toning exercises, some with weights, some without, but I may have to bump up the weights soon as they seem to not be working as well lately.

Amongst the very MANY things I bought today (most of which were probably unnecessary :P ), I finally purchased a new set of free weights and a weight rack. They're super-sweet, top-of-the-line ones and they cost more than what I would normally let myself spend spontaneously, but I'm glad I bought them :) Now I'll be able to keep getting ripped and really kick some butt! :lol:
Posted Image

#18 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 07:09 PM

Nite Clubbing...dancing for hours on end can really shed a few pounds!...lol!

#19 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:45 AM

Nite Clubbing...

Just as long as it doesn't involve harp seals! :)
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#20 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:57 PM

Nite Clubbing...

Just as long as it doesn't involve harp seals! :wow:

Laughing at your posts must count burn a few cals Axman...you are sooo funny! :lol: :lol:

#21 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:35 PM

Weight lifting, a martial art style with both Chinese and Japanese roots called Kenpo, and shootfighting which is a mixed martial arts style using western boxing and wrestling, muay thai kickboxing, Jiu-Jitsu, and submission grappling.

#22 jenjen

jenjen

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:10 AM

Last Sunday, our friends and I got active with a great game of good old fashioned Dodgeball!

Uptown Funk you up tongue.png

#23 jenjen

jenjen

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:08 PM

Volleyball a few days ago and rollerblading last night.

#24 jenjen

jenjen

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:50 PM

went swimming last night...might go again tonite since it's soooo hot outside

#25 frither

frither

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:39 PM

Still doing the dance aerobics when I can and walking/hobbling when I can't.

#26 jenjen

jenjen

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:22 AM

After lunch today, a game of beach volleyball with my friends.

#27 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:55 PM

Went for a casual walk around the neighborhood after dinner.

#28 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:40 PM

did the stairmaster thing when I got home today while the football game was on in the living room.

#29 LycanGhost

LycanGhost

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,576 posts
  • Interests:Knitting and crocheting, scrapbooking, reading, listening to music and singing

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:51 PM

Walking at work (Hey, I'm a custodian. Apperently helped, since Marie and my mom both commented that I'm apperently getting more of a defined shape.) and biking into work.

(Does drooling over Batista and Triple H count?)

Cry Havoc! And let loose the Dobermans of war!

My knitting and crocheting blog.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGagzEKCoPLbla5DdimF62A

Life is too short to take seriously, none of us get out of it alive.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be.Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

#30 frither

frither

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:03 PM

dance aerobics 6x a week. When the weather starts getting cooler, I'll start adding going for a walk to the mix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users