Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

What Physical Activity do you Do to stay Fit / Healthy?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:13 AM

AnnieV posted that she's going to begin Kick Boxing. I thought what a great physical activity for one to keep in shape! So that inspired me to come up with this topic....

What Physical Activity do you do to stay in shape? (needless to say keep your posts clean!...lol!)

I'll start... I love rollerblading, ice skating, and my favorite...basketball scrimmage games with my cousins! Those keep me out of trouble...most of the time!...lol!

#2 Ecco

Ecco

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:36 AM

I swear at Mario Kart Wii when Bowser or Donkey Kong knock me off the track :P My hatred keeps me skinny XD

I kid though.

I walk a lot at work (custodial), and I walk just about everywhere else, so combined with the upcoming stress of finals, my husband's graduation, and possible inter-state move to Montana, I bet I'll start dropping pounds like a nutcase...

#3 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:52 AM

I've begun walking more often( admittedly somewhat a seasonal activity in this area), and I just yesterday bought a set of 10 lb weights to work out with, which I think will be fun---I tried the little 1 and 3 lb aerobic weights and it just didn't seem like anything, with the bigger ones the stretch in my arms feels good.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#4 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:23 PM

Great topic jenjen! I actually do other things already, in addition to my pending kickboxing lessons (I'm really not that brave, btw...I don't plan on fighting anyone, just using a heavybag). I have an elliptical trainer that I love and swear by. It gives pretty much the same workout as running, but the perceived exertion is less, so it just seems easier. I would love to be able to run someday, as I think I would really enjoy it...I've just have always felt like I look stupid when I have to run and I've never been very good at it. I also do some lightweight toning exercises, some with weights, some without, but I may have to bump up the weights soon as they seem to not be working as well lately.
Posted Image

#5 autumnbelle

autumnbelle

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Interests:Am curious about almost anything . . .

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:47 PM

Though I have been going to the gym off and on this spring, mostly what I do is walking (my neighbourhood is starting a walking group, and it always helps to be accountable to someone else), stationary bike and workout DVDs. I wear a pedometer usually - and am trying to increase the number of steps I take in a day. Have a jump rope I need to start using and a small trampoline (inside) I need to put together and use.

And anyone who can handle an elliptical gets kudos in my book because those things are hard!

Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author Unknown

#6 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:50 PM

I like playing on the Wii.
I like boxing I really want a punch bag but we dont have space.
Every sunday I go volunteer with disabled people that go carriage driving with the horses so thats my four hours of walking lifting.. horse poo picking.... ya know the general kinda stuff.
I also like walking.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:26 PM

Actually my name says it all. (Not the Rat part!). At times I can be found crawling around underground exploring caves. That involves considerable exertion sometimes, especialy when climbing a rock wall or rappelling down a cliff on a rope. Plus the unknown factor, you never know what you're going to run into around the next bend in the passage.
CaveRat......
Visit my website

#8 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:53 PM

Nothing has ever helped me lose weight more than heavy duty work outside like cutting and stacking wood and other mountain woman stuff.........LOL. It's not my favorite thing to do but it certainly gets you in shape!

#9 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:15 PM

I'm in no shape to exercise! :P
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#10 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:33 AM

Rollerblading, walking, jogging, and being part of those basketball scrimmages with jenjen and her cousins...lol!

#11 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:33 AM

I'm in no shape to exercise! :)

:( :hug:

#12 StillWondering

StillWondering

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:first of all, my family, pets and friends are freaking important to me. i seriously would be lost without them. horses are also a big part of my life. i don't care if i'm riding them, grooming them, or just being around the barn means a lot to me and i really appreciate it. going on GV is really fun and being on the computer is a weekly basis (lol when i'm not studying for finals). but i multitask and watch tv or talk on the phone when i have free time. me and my friends are beast and if you mess with us, you are such a loser. i have so many inside jokes and me and my friend taylor nicole (twin peep!) are starting a band. ZAPP is probably going to be the name. lol we're having trouble writing songs as of may 16th. we've "remixed" the lyrics to plenty of songs, that ironically(sarcasm) have horses in it. they're not original and we find an idea for a song but then can't finish it. lol thats all for now

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:36 PM

Horseback riding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

and softball
haha. (it's not really funny but he's hot)

#13 Sizwe

Sizwe

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:56 PM

Mountain biking & bike commuting.

#14 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Science Fiction, Reading, Renaissance Faires, Costuming/Sewing, beading, jewelry design, polymer clay artist, singing, hanging out with my husband and two cats - and going for walks with my hubby.

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:20 PM

Lots of walking - especially at the Renaissance Faire. Those heavy outfits create more resistance so I'm getting even more benefit - while having fun. :)
Debbie / Maelinde"While the rest of the human race are descended from monkeys, redheads derive from cats." - Robert HeinleinVisit My Website

#15 StillWondering

StillWondering

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:first of all, my family, pets and friends are freaking important to me. i seriously would be lost without them. horses are also a big part of my life. i don't care if i'm riding them, grooming them, or just being around the barn means a lot to me and i really appreciate it. going on GV is really fun and being on the computer is a weekly basis (lol when i'm not studying for finals). but i multitask and watch tv or talk on the phone when i have free time. me and my friends are beast and if you mess with us, you are such a loser. i have so many inside jokes and me and my friend taylor nicole (twin peep!) are starting a band. ZAPP is probably going to be the name. lol we're having trouble writing songs as of may 16th. we've "remixed" the lyrics to plenty of songs, that ironically(sarcasm) have horses in it. they're not original and we find an idea for a song but then can't finish it. lol thats all for now

Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:29 PM

everyone i know (not EVERYONE but alot) doesn't think riding is a sport.
try saying that again once you spend 10 hours there. say it again once you ride 5 bucking horses. say it again once you carry 5 hay bales out to the trailer because the trekker doesnt work. etc. it's hard work.
haha. (it's not really funny but he's hot)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users