• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 ryan005

ryan005

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:27 PM

Has anyone had any experiences with spirits taking all the power out of new batteries? How are they able to do this? Any information would be helpful.

Death, in itself, is nothing; but we fear, To be we know not what, we know not where.

#2 biada

biada

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:46 PM

Has anyone had any experiences with spirits taking all the power out of new batteries? How are they able to do this? Any information would be helpful.

Have no idea, but I can tell you a story that happened to me a while back. I was in the car getting ready to head to class. The car wouldn't start, It was basically choking and after the 5th try, I herd a whisper. "Don't worry, it'll start", something of that nature. And moments later, the car started. Weird!

#3 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:47 PM

Ive heard they don't actually drain the batteries as much as intercept the power for their own use.
There is nothing left to say.Me

#4 SeekX

SeekX

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:50 PM

For the same reason that everything gets cold , they need the energy to manifest and manipulate in this dimension.

As far as how they are able to do this , we would have to understand the science behind it and since nobody has proven to the scientific world ghost exist with absolute certainty then it follows the science behind why they drain batteries would be unknown. :)
SeekX

#5 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:32 PM

I have heard lots of stories of drained batteries. The only thing that ever happened to me was last year. I was at a cemetery where my family and friends are buried which has had a lot of paranormal activity. I had a fairly new cell phone which I had fully charged before I went. As I left the cemetery, the battery was not only drained and dead, but was ruined and could not be charged after that. Just less than 5 minutes before I went to the cemetery that day, all was fine with my cell phone. Within 10-15 minutes (and it being off) the battery was dead and ruined. As for how/why spirits do this, I have no clue...
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#6 wheeler08

wheeler08

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Well right now I am really getting into the paranormal things. I just have started going to different graveyards and haunted places doing alittle ghost hunting or trying to get some good pics or videos

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:08 PM

I can speak from personal experiences... I went to a graveyard with a freind and we both had brand new batteries in our dig cams... charged cell phones... and even charged cam corders... all went dead as soon as we went in towards the area of occurances and as soon as we left they all worked... STRANGE I know because I honestly didnt believe it till it happened to me the last time...

Posted Image"Life is just a chance to grow a soul, and in the end, its not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years"HAPPY HUNTING <3Brittany

#7 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:00 AM

I've heard also that batteries are drained because ghosts feed off its power. Ghostcat's post about the cellphone gave me an idea. I could take a stroll around the cemetery paths and after I leave I should check to see the power level of my phone. I'll ask a friend to come along though.

#8 babydreams

babydreams

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:40 AM

ok this is weird as im typing right now my computer just popped up saying you have signed into messanger on another computer ok that is wierd cause im on this one and no one else is on a computer here but what i wanted to say is when ever i pull out the digital camera here to use it to take pics in the house i will open a pack of batteries and put them in and with in mins the camera dies on me this happens alot

#9 little turtle

little turtle

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:56 AM

We went on an investigation, my cell phone was fully charged (it will last for days), left the investigation a few hours later, cell phone was so dead it wouldn't even turn on for a second.
Posted Image

#10 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:32 AM

I use a power module on my investigations. This is a rechargable unit that my other equipment plugs into. It also has meters which tell me what the load is at all times. I also know what the amp-hour rating of each battery is in it when fully charged. thus it becomes a simple matter to determine at any given load how long a charge should last.

I have drained many batteries but in every case it has been near the expected life span of a charge. Thus I can say no, I have never experienced a battery drain I can't account for. All have been within the expected time constraints expected.
CaveRat......
Visit my website

#11 wheeler08

wheeler08

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Well right now I am really getting into the paranormal things. I just have started going to different graveyards and haunted places doing alittle ghost hunting or trying to get some good pics or videos

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:32 PM

yeah they feed off of any energy they can pick up to try and manifest... i would definately take extra batteries...

Posted Image"Life is just a chance to grow a soul, and in the end, its not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years"HAPPY HUNTING <3Brittany

#12 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Science Fiction, Reading, Renaissance Faires, Costuming/Sewing, beading, jewelry design, polymer clay artist, singing, hanging out with my husband and two cats - and going for walks with my hubby.

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:07 PM

My cell phone battery will lose a full charge when there is spiritual activity, and this is a battery that will hold a charge for 7+ days with daily use.

Each time I've tried to take a picture of paranormal activity, the camera completely dies, and any new batteries (out of the package new) will die before even being put into a camera.

My guess is that they are feeding off of the energy that these devices produce. I've even noticed that our electricity fluctuates at home when there are high levels of activity, and we've had our electricity checked out. We've been told that our electricity works as it should...

So, yes ghosts can cause problems with electric and battery operated devices. At least it happens frequently to me.
Debbie / Maelinde"While the rest of the human race are descended from monkeys, redheads derive from cats." - Robert HeinleinVisit My Website

#13 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:55 PM

Keep in mind regarding cell phones that when on and not in use these devices still use power checking in and out of towers. It is especially bad if you are moving around with one. My cell will talk for 2 hours on a charge, if I leave it laynig at home turned on and not on a charger it wil usually go a oouple days . But if I leave it on and don't actually use it on a road trip, it will drain the battery in about 6 hours just checking in and out of cell towers.

The electrical problems at home could be anything. I hasd a case similar that was traced back to a power pole ground and an intermittant transformer connection. This was found using a datalogger connected to a voltmeter across the line coming into the house. Previously an electrician had checked the line and found everything was OK which it would be until conditions actually acted up. So don't rule out anything just yet. Wait till someone is measuring the voltage at the same time things act strange and see if there is a connection between them.
CaveRat......
Visit my website

#14 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:55 PM

Keep in mind regarding cell phones that when on and not in use these devices still use power checking in and out of towers. It is especially bad if you are moving around with one. My cell will talk for 2 hours on a charge, if I leave it laynig at home turned on and not on a charger it wil usually go a oouple days . But if I leave it on and don't actually use it on a road trip, it will drain the battery in about 6 hours just checking in and out of cell towers.

The electrical problems at home could be anything. I hasd a case similar that was traced back to a power pole ground and an intermittant transformer connection. This was found using a datalogger connected to a voltmeter across the line coming into the house. Previously an electrician had checked the line and found everything was OK which it would be until conditions actually acted up. So don't rule out anything just yet. Wait till someone is measuring the voltage at the same time things act strange and see if there is a connection between them.
CaveRat......
Visit my website

#15 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:41 AM

I know this is not a batteries story but the topic reminded me of something that happen here in the house I'm living in now.
Here I've never censed a "ghostly" presence inside the house the only thing my Mother and Myself are aware of is the man I call an echo, I call him this because he is ALLWAYS walking the same exact path through the yard seems always to be acting in the same exact manor and never seems to notice any changes I've made to the yard, or even our presence.
One evening I was working on the computer, I had just placed a hot cup of coffee down on top of the desk and noticed him walk through the yard again. From the widow my computer is next to you can see part of the path he walks. Turning back to what I was doing I took hold of my coffee cup only to find the contents had gone ice cold.
I'm thinking that heat is energy and that one of the previous posters had mentioned those from other side needs energy to appear.

M

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users