Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Paranormal Encounters

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Paranormal Encounters

How many encounters with spirits have you had?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What type of encounters have you had?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ryan005

ryan005

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:31 PM

How many encounters and what type have many people at ghostvillage had?

Death, in itself, is nothing; but we fear, To be we know not what, we know not where.

#2 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Science Fiction, Reading, Renaissance Faires, Costuming/Sewing, beading, jewelry design, polymer clay artist, singing, hanging out with my husband and two cats - and going for walks with my hubby.

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:05 PM

I've had many experiences with spirits.

They run the gamut from family and loved ones, to those I've never met before their passing.

Some make themselves known to me via full apparition like my grandmother, while others I simply "sense" via the tingly sensation, scent, or voices.

I've had this gift ever since I turned 11 years old, and am fortunate that my family encouraged me to develop it. I'm the first girl born on my dad's side of the family in over 100 years, and that is why I was chosen to have this gift. :Spaz:

In fact, I have at least 3 shadow spirits living in my home at this very moment. All they do is watch from a distance, so I'm not worried.
Debbie / Maelinde"While the rest of the human race are descended from monkeys, redheads derive from cats." - Robert HeinleinVisit My Website

#3 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:12 PM

For all the interest I have in this subject, I've got nothing to show for it...not one personal experience...bleh.
Posted Image

#4 biada

biada

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:56 PM

just a couple of shadow figures, tricks being played with my pets (being taken out of a cage), and one time, my Auntie came back from China Town with a couple of small ducks. I asked if I could keep 2 as pets. She gave me two and the very next morning, all that was left was 2 dried out ducks.

Like they got their blood drained out from them. They were probably missing their heads to. I don't remember. They were kept in a box at the time and closed with a couple of breathing holes. It could be a result of my neighbors playing tricks but that was one mean thing to pull.

The only good news is I no longer been thru any paranormal experiences since we moved out of that house. I was 10-12 at the time and it was not fun.

#5 ryan005

ryan005

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:42 AM

One of my experiences happened when I was walking throught the woods behind my house. I saw a person dressed all in white standing near a tree. As soon as he saw me, he turned and ran. I tried to follow him but he had disappeared. I don't remember what he looked like though. This experience was a couple of years ago. I had seen him once before near the woods, so I don't know why he is there.

Death, in itself, is nothing; but we fear, To be we know not what, we know not where.

#6 Kristy

Kristy

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:I will be updating my "interests" soon-lol.

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:27 AM

just a couple of shadow figures, tricks being played with my pets (being taken out of a cage), and one time, my Auntie came back from China Town with a couple of small ducks. I asked if I could keep 2 as pets. She gave me two and the very next morning, all that was left was 2 dried out ducks.

Like they got their blood drained out from them. They were probably missing their heads to. I don't remember. They were kept in a box at the time and closed with a couple of breathing holes. It could be a result of my neighbors playing tricks but that was one mean thing to pull.

The only good news is I no longer been thru any paranormal experiences since we moved out of that house. I was 10-12 at the time and it was not fun.

Oh geez that is the most horrible thing I've heard in a long time-especially for a child to go through!
That had to have been such a trauma for you. I'm sorry-wow.
Kristy

Edited by Kristy, 10 May 2008 - 09:28 AM.

#7 Kristy

Kristy

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:I will be updating my "interests" soon-lol.

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:36 AM

My husband and I had moved to a one bedroom house in Jamul, CA. a very "mountain" area. Well I was about 5 mos. pregnant and happy as could be-I would get up in the morning and make oatmeal for my husband before he went off to work about 5:00am-well one morning as I got up, I went into the kitchen to turn on the light and sure enough there was an old man about 70-80 sitting at the kitchen table looking at me as if had intruded in on "his space" -the table he sat at was there when we moved in. Later on we found out this man had built this house! He certainley gave me a look that could kill-he didn't scare me but I sure didn't stay and hang out with him! Boy he looked angry we were in his home.
Kristy

#8 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:34 PM

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, and hope I don't run on to long for you.

I've been experiencing encounters for as long as I can remember, as well as having been physically accosted by one as an infant. (this was witnessed by my Father)

I was fortunate enough to see my Great Grandfather once during a visit back my parents home state.
I didn't know who the nice old man was that came upstairs to peek into the room My sister and I were playing.

When I asked about him at the time all of the adults were very surprised to hear my description of him.
Not wanting to upset me they decided to say that I must have been dreaming, It wasn't until some years later My Mother admitted that I had described her Grandfather to a "T", who had passed away when she was still a school girl.(We had no photographs of him or our Great Grandmother and none were ever hanging in the home)

In the same house nearly every family member has smelled the cent of Great Grandmothers perfume (Lilly of the valley) as they reach the top of the stares as well as felt Great Grandfathers presence.
But only a few of us in the family have been able to sense what we call "the other presence", very uncomfortable, very mean.
One one occasion both my sister and I saw it, and I still pray to this day never to see who or what ever it is again.

The one who resides in my Mothers house now (we call her Junior) has been rather quiet for some time, but on occasion I think just to let us know she is still around, will play one of her little pranks.

Other encounters I've had over the years have ranged from feelings of extreme foreboding all the way to funny.

M

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#9 ryan005

ryan005

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 05:47 PM

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, and hope I don't run on to long for you.

I've been experiencing encounters for as long as I can remember, as well as having been physically accosted by one as an infant. (this was witnessed by my Father)

I was fortunate enough to see my Great Grandfather once during a visit back my parents home state.
I didn't know who the nice old man was that came upstairs to peek into the room My sister and I were playing.

When I asked about him at the time all of the adults were very surprised to hear my description of him.
Not wanting to upset me they decided to say that I must have been dreaming, It wasn't until some years later My Mother admitted that I had described her Grandfather to a "T", who had passed away when she was still a school girl.(We had no photographs of him or our Great Grandmother and none were ever hanging in the home)

In the same house nearly every family member has smelled the cent of Great Grandmothers perfume (Lilly of the valley) as they reach the top of the stares as well as felt Great Grandfathers presence.
But only a few of us in the family have been able to sense what we call "the other presence", very uncomfortable, very mean.
One one occasion both my sister and I saw it, and I still pray to this day never to see who or what ever it is again.

The one who resides in my Mothers house now (we call her Junior) has been rather quiet for some time, but on occasion I think just to let us know she is still around, will play one of her little pranks.

Other encounters I've had over the years have ranged from feelings of extreme foreboding all the way to funny.

M

Welcome to GV Atropa belladona! Interesting experiences. It's strange how your great grandmother and grandfather were hanging around. Any idea why they would stick around?

#10 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:45 AM

Rayan005,

sorry for not responding over the weekend, this is when I spend time with my family and friends, leaving my pore computer to feel deserted.

Why were my Great Grand Parents still there?

My mother had the theory about that, and I tend to agree.

So long as any family member were living in that house they were there, the last two were my Great Uncles they inherited the house from there parents but sadly remained bachelors for the rest of there lives.

We think that they remain to lend what little protection or even comfort they could to there family, when the other occupant was active and acting out our relieves sprits would let themselves be known the next morning.
For some reason the other made its self know more often in the evening, straight on till dawn. The Great Grandparents presence was strongest from dawn to dusk. I don't know it that is a common phenomenon, dividing the day's like that.

It has been a few years now and the last uncle has died (both in that house) the since of our family just isn't there anymore, but whoever the other is does still seem to be there and it's not restricted its self to the night any longer.

the house is now up for sale and I will no longer set foot in it.

M

Edited by Atropa belladonna, 13 May 2008 - 10:47 AM.

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#11 ryan005

ryan005

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:49 PM

Atropa,

Strange experiences. I don't know why some presences make themselves known only at certain times of the day. I wonder why they do that? Some make themselves known only at dusk, while others are only around at dawn. Thanks for your story!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users