Help with Blog Pleas

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:10 AM

New to the world of Blog and am unsure if I've done something wrong.

I have been un able to view my Blog as a guest and have also been unable to unlock the option allowing others to post comments, (this being moot since no one can see it).

These are the choices I've made under the settings tab.

Y= checked N= not checked

N. Private Blog?
If enabled only you can view it.

The board administrator has not given permission to create private Blogs This setting will have no effect.

Y. Allow guests to view your Blog?
This has no effect if your Blog is private.

Y. Allow guests to post comments in your Blog?
This has no effect if guests cannot view your Blog.

The board administrator has disabled Guest commenting.
This setting will have no effect.

N. Disable comments?
When set, nobody will be able to place comments in your Blog.

Y. Approve comments posted on your blog?

choice from drop down list>Approve guests comments onlyApprove all comments

Y. Allow others to syndicate your Blog?
This will enable the RSS feed link on your Blog.

Y. New comment notification?
If enabled you will receive an e-mail when a new comment is posted on your Blog.

Under the LOOK tab these are the choices I've made.

Default status of new entries? DraftPublished

Entry options Show Always

View mode of Your Blog List
Number of Entries per page 15

Number of Comments per page 15 i think

Limit the entry size on main Blog page in characters; set to 0 for no limit.

Content Block width?
(in pixels) the recomended

Is there a certain amount of time that needs to pas before site administrators will allow viewing and comments?

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:48 AM

Namaste, the problem was tht you hadn't "PUBLISH"ed the blog. I have done that for you and the entry is visible. If you have any further issues, feel free to contact anyone of us form the moderating team, thank you.
Posted Image

#3 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 10 May 2008 - 10:34 AM

Thank You MoonDragon.

I feel a little silly now. :wow:

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users