• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 09:15 AM

Thank you Gregory for the advice, i downloaded them to my drive and opened them in windows mediaplayer. (I am on a mac)

And so, I now have an opinion! I only watched two videos, was not quite convinced they were a flashlight until i watched the second one. Orbs are not usually visible to the naked eye, from what i have gathered being on this board. Usually they are caught on film without being able to see them until the film is processed.

So why, then is the cameraman following the orbs around the room? He would have to be able to see them to follow them with the camera. (This was in healingenergyslowmotion.wav)

So, I conclude it must be an artificial source of light OR the photographer has the uncanny ability to see orbs with the naked eye. Flashlight is my gut instinct.
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#17 Bangin

Bangin

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 10:46 AM

Bridget, I also wondered if she was able to see the orbs with her naked eye, so I asked her on another board.  This was Mihr's response:

You asked if I can see the orbs with my naked eye. The answer is yes and no. Without the camera on, I see little indigo lights flashing around me.. sometimes I see little white balls floating around but not as much as I see the indigo lights. I see the globes(little white balls) when I'm videotaping.. I see them a lot when someone is meditating..
the energy seems to move in and out of the body when the person is meditating.. really cool to watch..

I'm assuming she has an LCD which would allow her to see what the camera is recording.   :)
First voice: "Where is he...around here?"Second voice: "He's dead."First voice: "Ah, he could be anywhere then."

#18 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 11:12 AM

That makes sense Bangin, thanks for bringing that to my attention. Now i am undecided ???

Perhaps i should look at some more of them.
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#19 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 11:16 AM

Watch the one where it moves along the floor and over the black chair's leg (wheeled) very closely.  Also, watch the frist movie very closely at the end towards the right side of the frame.
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#20 mastermind73

mastermind73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 04:00 PM

Yes, I would REALLY like to see these videos at regular speed.  They are interesting for sure, but suspicious.  I think I saw what you were talking about Akthra, at the foot of the bed.  There appears to be a flashlight there, although I couldn't make out a person holding it.

And that's my half-skeptic's opinion.   :)
"If dreams are like movies, Then memories are films about ghosts.You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast.""Don't you remember when we were young, and we wanted to set the world on fire?'Cause I still am, and I still do."

#21 Gregory

Gregory

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 04:59 PM

There appears to be a flashlight there, although I couldn't make out a person holding it.

But it's stationary while the orb is moving, so I don't see how it could be the flashlight.  
What Would Batman Do?

#22 plindboe

plindboe

Has a pseudoscience radar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Interests:I'm an atheist and a skeptic regarding paranormal beliefs, but nonetheless I find other people's belief systems fascinating. I think it's important for people who hold different beliefs to discuss with, and learn from, one another. The free exchange of ideas are essential to progress, and it's no coincidence that mankind's two greatest ideas, democracy and science, are based on this.<br /><br />Feel free to message me, if you want to talk. :)

Posted 22 November 2003 - 02:25 PM

[quote]
if these are not orbs, what are they?
[/quote]

Looks like dust, that is out of focus, to me.

[quote]
how are they formed?
[/quote]

Dust consists primarily of dead skin cells and hair. If you really want to know in detail how hair and skin cells are produced I suggest you visit the local library.

[quote]
who is forming them?
[/quote]

Humans produce the cells and hair. If you have a pet, the dust will also consist of debris from your pet as well.

[quote]
how come they seem to think?
[/quote]

They don't seem to think. They move around randomly like dust normally does.

[quote]
how come they change colors?
[/quote]

You need to ask a camera experts what caused those vague color changes that happened a few times.

[quote]
why does it seem like they are growing?  
[/quote]

That happens when the dust is moving closer to the camera.

[quote]
how come the orbs are attracted to angels.. and  to me?
[/quote]

Where does that happen?

[quote]
why do the orbs come together and break apart..
[/quote]

Where does that happen?

[quote]
why do they disappear..
[/quote]

Again, you need to ask a camera expert. Your videos aren't exactly prime quality.

[quote]
what do they want?
[/quote]

They do not want. It is dust.

[quote]
how long have they been here?
[/quote]

There have always been dust. Or are you speaken of the specific dust particles in your videos? They could be days or weeks old.

[quote]
how many different types of orbs are there?
[/quote]

Depends on what you mean by "orbs".

[quote]
can dust grow like these orbs do in my videos?
[/quote]

Dust can move closer to a camera and give the illusion that it is growing. Remember, we can't see distances on a video since it only has 2 dimensions.

[quote]
can dust twist and turn and move thru things?
[/quote]

Dust behave exactly like it does in your videos. I see none of the dust particles in your videos move through things.

[quote]
how long has dust been able to form strange forms like butterflys and angels?
[/quote]

Again, I don't see this in your videos.

[quote]
how intelligent is dust?
[/quote]

Dust doesn't have intelligence.

[quote]
does dust bounce?
[/quote]

Can't see the dust in your videos bouncing.

[quote]
can dust know how to communicate with humans?
[/quote]

No. But again I don't see any of your dust communicating either.

[quote]
can dust turn itself into a little globule and twist n turn n turn several colors..
[/quote]

No it can't. But out of focus dust can give the illusion that it can.

[quote]
move around the room like it's attached to an invisible string.....
[/quote]

That's how dust behave. Exactly like we can see in your videos.

Peter :)
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." (Bertrand Russell)

• Guests

Posted 29 November 2003 - 05:50 AM

???I've just had a look at the videos and to be honset i don't know alot about this subject, but something that i have heard is that animals can usually see or will react to paranormal activity, so i thought it strange that the cat in the first video just sits there and doesn't seem to see the "orbs" atall, but on the other hand if it was a flashlight again i would have expected it to attract the cats attention as usually moving things attract cats attention and they will follow the object with their eyes i dunno whether to believe it or not. :-/

#24 Paul_G

Paul_G

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 29 November 2003 - 09:42 AM

Dust, flashlight.. either way its not a ghost. 'Ghost' doesn't seem to make the top ten list here. I'm more inclined now to think it was dust, mostly because the skeptics who lean towards dust display better witty sarcasm than the skeptics who lean towards flashlights  ;D.

#25 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 03:14 PM

Well, after reading recently on legitimate and charlatan spiritography, I reserve the right NOT to form any opinion on the videos.

I did notice the questions were phrased in a challenging manner, like "disprove this is real" when the burden of proof lies with videographer.

Some of the questions aren't rational and have no basis in observation nor fact. Thinking dust? Consciousness is a very complicated thing and thought implies reasoning abilities like problem solving.

In my skeptical opinion, the questions were based on assumptions and desires of what was seen instead of relying on basic questions like: What are they? Where do they come from? How did they come to be? Why did they come to be?

#26 mastermind73

mastermind73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 04:26 PM

I did notice the questions were phrased in a challenging manner, like "disprove this is real" when the burden of proof lies with videographer.

Hear, hear!

Also, I noticed that Mihr must not really care what the skeptics think anyway since she has not been back here to give any sort of comment since she posted the original link.
"If dreams are like movies, Then memories are films about ghosts.You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast.""Don't you remember when we were young, and we wanted to set the world on fire?'Cause I still am, and I still do."

#27 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 05 December 2003 - 08:54 PM

And they wonder why we're skeptical....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users