Mihr

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 November 2003 - 02:54 PM

hi i'm mihr..  would like some skeptical opinions about
my videos..
http://www.bluesunpr...s.com/Mihr.html

and i have a few questions for skeptics (assuming they've watched my videos):::

if these are not orbs, what are they?  how are they formed? who is forming them?  how come they seem to think?  how come they change colors?  why does it seem like they are growing?  how come the orbs are attracted to angels.. and  to me?  why do the orbs come together and break apart.. why do they disappear..  what do they want? how long have they been here?  how many different types of orbs are there?
can dust grow like these orbs do in my videos?  can dust twist and turn and move thru things?  how long has dust been able to form strange forms like butterflys and angels?  how intelligent is dust?  does dust bounce?  can dust know how to communicate with humans?  can dust turn itself into a little globule and twist n turn n turn several colors.. move around the room like it's attached to an invisible string.....    hmmmm..

thanks, Mihr

#2 Bangin

Bangin

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 06:46 AM

In my experience, dust seems to be a big problem with digital (still) pictures.  I don't have much experience with recording this phenomena, but I do have a video recorder and I've never taped anything similar to the anomalies present in your videos.  With that said, I don't think that you're recording dust.  What interests me most about your videos is that you seem to be very involved with meditation.  There are videos of you meditating and energies moving around you.  I think that's amazing!  Thanks for sharing these videos with us.  I'm sure you'll get a more skeptical POV from someone else.   :)
First voice: "Where is he...around here?"Second voice: "He's dead."First voice: "Ah, he could be anywhere then."

#3 Gregory

Gregory

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 12:35 PM

hi i'm mihr..  would like some skeptical opinions about
my videos..
http://www.bluesunpr...s.com/Mihr.html

and i have a few questions for skeptics (assuming they've watched my videos):::

Nineteen questions, to be precise.  And my amazing skeptical response to your video: how should I know what you're seeing?  I  don't know anything about video interpretation.  But to answer some of the questions that I can:

Q. Who is forming them?
A. Why should you assume that they are being formed by someone?  They could be natural?

Q.  How come they change colors and why do they seem to be growing?
A.  I don't know.  But fairs fair; can you explain why ghosts would change color or seem to be growing?

Q.  How come the orbs are attracted to angels?
A.  Are they?  I've seen many, many orb pictures without an angel in sight.  Why would ghosts be attracted to angels?

Q.  What do they want?
A.  This question is meaningless unless you assume that orbs are intelligent.  And if you assume that, you really shouldn't be looking to the skeptical community for answers.

Q. How long as dust been able to form strange shapes like butterflies or angels?
A. I'm sorry, but I didn't see anything like this happen in your videos.  And the same question applies in reverse: why would ghosts want to make themselves look like butterflies?

Q.  How intelligent is dust?
A.  Why do you ask?  The orbs in your videos don't evince any intelligence.  In fact, they seem to float around completely at random, not something you'd expect from ghosts.

If you really want a skeptical response to your videos, I think the best place to go is Randi's board.  It has its share of jerks, but it also has people who are more qualified than me to answer your questions (although of course this board has other skeptics, some of whom can also probably do better.)
What Would Batman Do?

#4 stevenedel

stevenedel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 November 2003 - 02:24 PM

I donīt know where you see the butterfly. I only see a few specks drifting upwards, much as if the room has been filmed through an aquarium.
Extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence. (Carl Sagan)

#5 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 08:26 AM

My gut instinct says flashlight.  Especially the movie with the orb moving along the floor, it clearly moves over the legs of the black chair lieka  flash light.  The films are slowed down, so the normal jittery movements of a human moving a flashlight around aren't so obvious.

The changing of the "orb" shapes can also be explained by a flashlight.  Yo ucan change the shape or "cone" of the light coming from the flashlgiht for a more concentrated beam of light, or a more wide spread, but less powerful beam of light.

Looking at some again.... but initially, I am calling it a flashlight, with the movie slowed down to give it a more fluid motion.  Could be pen flashlights or LED flashlights.
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#6 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 08:29 AM

In fact, I go so far as to say in the first movie, I see a person sitting on the floor near the foot of the bed with a light in his hands.  In this movie, I saw a couple of "orbs".

#7 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 08:46 AM

But that's just me.  :-/

#8 Bangin

Bangin

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 09:11 AM

Well, that's certainly a harsh accusation, Akthra.  I'd take that as an insult if they were my videos.  But, hey, we're all entitled to our opinions.
First voice: "Where is he...around here?"Second voice: "He's dead."First voice: "Ah, he could be anywhere then."

#9 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 09:32 AM

I realize it could be construed as one  :'( , but I would hope they understand that number one, they posted in a Skeptic's board. Two, that they asked for opinions. Three, that if he reads around he'll notice I am not a believer basher. Four, that I posted my thoughts based on what I perceive to be happening in the pic. Five, that I did not in any way outright call them a liar or a fake (Though an honest answer is hard to read over a post with jsut words.  Same thing with tone of voice.  If you hear my tone of voice with my conclusions  :) , you may have thought differently).  Six, that I refuse to give praise or a pat on the back for a video or photo that doesn't necessarily prove anything.  I am sorry for that, I truly apologize to everyone  :'( , but I am not going to lie to  myself or anyone else.  We're here for answers, not to kid ourselves  :D

I ride both fences. I ride the mind of a skeptic; the police detective searching for the undisputible proof.  I ride the mind of beleiver in that there is something more to all of this.  That I HAVE seen video, I have seen pictures, I HAVE heard EVP, I have read reports and eye witness accounts that cannot be completely and soundly proven by the world we already know.

I only insult those that insult others, I would never outright insult a person for a post unless it was obviously meant as an insult to those on this board whether skeptic or believer.  People post this this type of stuff to find opinions, ideas, thoughts, maybe even a conclusion. Only they know how this was made, what they really saw. I only see what I perceive in the videos.  I do not place judgement on them however. I don't expect them to explain anymore or any less.  I judge not the person or intentions, I give an honest opinion only of what I see. :-/

I make no judgements about the sender, none at all.

#10 Paul_G

Paul_G

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 20 November 2003 - 09:59 AM

My skeptical two cents is that it looks like a flashlight to me, too. Certainly more like a flashlight than anything else. The light moves like a flashlight beam and changes size and shape as it moves closer to and further away from the point of origin. It jerks like a flashlight beam.

And although I believe in ghosts, orbs don't do much for me unless I see or hear other stuff in conjunction with them, so even if those were orbs I wouldn't have much to say on the matter. I wouldn't attempt to answer questions like 'What do they want?'. Read Gregory's post because that pretty much covers most of my answers there.

Even believers don't think orbs are intelligent, but are some form of energy, like exhaust from a car. Am I right on that?

It looked cool though.

#11 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 10:07 AM

There appears to be dust in some of the video as well and I also noticed there was fan in the bedroom video.  It some of the video showed the fan being inactive, it would remove some of the dust theory, but not all of it.  I think them multiple, smaller faster moving "objects" in some of the videos are dust, whether propelled by people breathing or the fan or other movement behind the camera.  No proof of someone moving behind them either though, so that's just speculation.

#12 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 10:56 AM

Everone on these boards are entitled to their opinions! :)

Isn't that why we post things, to get other people's opinions?

I, for one, do not have an opinion because when i go to the web page and click on the video, nothing happens :'(
I wish I could see it for myself :'( :'(
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#13 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 11:10 AM

Do'h! the ultimate reason for not having an opinion.  

#14 Gregory

Gregory

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 11:31 AM

Everone on these boards are entitled to their opinions! :)

Isn't that why we post things, to get other people's opinions?

I, for one, do not have an opinion because when i go to the web page and click on the video, nothing happens :'(
I wish I could see it for myself :'( :'(

I had that problem to.  What computer are you using?  If it's a Mac, you might try holding down the Option key when you click on the links to save them to your hard-drive.  It worked for me, anyway.
What Would Batman Do?

#15 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 01:39 PM

I checked out the first 5 videos.  Honestly, I didn't see "butterflies" or anything like that.  I did see what appeared to be shots of randomly floating dust (possibly hair) all highly illuminated by either a lamp from the camera or another light source.    The "globules" seem to be nothing more than dust floating in and out of focus.

I didn't see anything "moving through" objects.  I saw your picture of what was thought to be an orb moving through an object, but, honestly, it looked like a strand of hair that was illuminated on both ends which, at first glance, looked like two orbs moving across a corner wall.  

Just my two cents.

Have you tried experimenting WITHOUT using a flash, lamp, or other light source?

I noticed that part of the URL to your site says "bluesunproductions"--are you involved in video production?  
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users