Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

How sensitive are you to the paranormal.

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#16 Señor Hugo

Señor Hugo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:58 AM

When it comes to spirits, I'm pretty blind, I have seen only a couple, but I can feel them when they're near.

I've only seen a handful of entities. One was a white shadow that went right in front of me one night.

Another has been a little imp who played peekaboo around the corner of a wall with me for a couple minutes, that was beyond awesome.

Most of the times, in this house I'm living at, I'll see small creatures dart in and out of my vision, and I know they aren't our dogs, or any other small animal that would otherwise cause that. A random shadow here and there.

So I haven't seen much, but I feel just fine, so long as whatever it is has a different enough energy for me to conflict with it and know it's there.

I'm pretty much the earth, born under Taurus, and I do pretty much go with whatever. So my energy is very earth-like. So, unless the energy of whatever it is new to our house(we have a hotel for spirits basically, it's pretty sweet), to where I don't recognize it, or it conflicts enough my own energy, I wouldn't be able to pick it up until it's sitting right on the back of my neck trying to bore into my head.

But yeah, I'm working on strengthening my ability to feel so I can pick up where things are at without having to put too much effort into it.
"I am the bridge between worlds. I have experienced life, I have experienced death, others and my own. I am a shaman."

#17 Shellie22

Shellie22

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:54 AM

Hello "M", and thanks for the welcome.

No, I've never had an experience before during a treatment - actually I never seem to be doing anything in particular when "they" present themselves. Fortunately, I have only had a few bad experiences that scared me. But those were enough to make me not want to really explore it more and try to tune in to it more. I'm too afraid of what I might conjure up.

I'm new, just posting today. I actually joined, finding the site while looking for comparisons to what other people see. I have always seen ghosts, as early as I can remember. I've seen them in different forms, but once in awhile I see what I saw today. And it was interesting because it happened when I was having an acupuncture treatment. My acupuncturist was inserting needles and BAM, here they come - there were 4, and when I see them in this form they look like this... if you ever saw The Abyss, when the water takes a form, they look like that. They're small and either tear shaped or round, and they fly around my head. (I know that sounds so strange.) I told my acupuncturist that she had really good energy in there (she has a lot of crystals, etc.) because there was no negative energy when I saw them.

On the other hand, I read a post from someone on here comparing the black spirits to those on the movie Ghost, and I had to post about that too, I have seen that as well, and flipped out when I saw the movie because that's exactly what they look like to me when I have seen them! Luckily, only a few times compared the numerous times I've seen positive energies.

So just saying Hi. Glad I found this site. My friends all know what I see (hear, smell, feel), and some of them have even had experiences when around me, but it's just not the same as being able to talk to others that experience it as well. Hard not to look crazy if it slips out in casual conversation.

Shellie22,

Greetings and Welcome to GV...

I'm sure you will find most people here very friendly and easy to correspond with.
I'm rather new as well and have been relieved so far to find so many individuals here who know exactly what I'm talking about; and don't make me feel nuts.

Has the experience with your acupuncturist ever happen before? I'm wondering if it made you more open to seeing the energies around you.
It would be interesting to know if others have experienced the same sort of thing.

Once again Welcome :clap:
M

#18 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 01:26 PM

Acupuncture can be an intense emotional experience for those dealing with sensitivity.

Shellie’s experiences were not unlike mine regarding acupuncture. I had to stop acupuncture and Reiki treatments due to these types of experiences becoming so intense I simply couldn‘t handle them, anymore. And, this all happened after I was well on my way to “shutting off” my sensitivities. Acupuncture and possibly the Reiki, as well, opened the “flood-gates” for me. It’s comforting for me to hear that someone else has experienced similar things under the same circumstances.

Some of the experiences I had may have also been due to little seed magnets my practitioner once used behind my ears (which had such an effect on me as to render me nearly incapable of physically and emotionally functioning). I stopped the magnet therapy after two days due to their negative effects on me.

My experiences under these circumstances were mostly related to my retro-cognition and occurred primarily in the home of a friend of mine who performs many holistic treatments for people. I “saw” a lady (from about the 1910’s going on style of dress and home decoration in the vision) in a light blue dress with hair cap carrying a large soup dish through the now-living room, little boys (circa 1950) with their bikes (one was called Timmy or Tommy by his friend) on the back porch (which looked little in my vision to what it looks today) and “saw” renovations being done to the now front bedroom (circa 1970). The one “intelligent” experience I had occurred when I “heard” footsteps in the kitchen (no one else was in the house during this entire time as my friend was in the backyard answering a phone call and giving me privacy/quiet time while I had the needles in). I looked over towards the kitchen and saw my uncle John come into view in the kitchen doorway and he just stood there watching me with worry on his face. All of these experiences occurred separately and primarily on different dates of treatment.

One experience occurred while driving to treatment and is the experience that proved to me that the way the treatments were effecting me was too much for me to handle. Driving down the road, I had a very clear vision of the street as it looked about 100 years ago. Horses and buggies with men standing/walking near them, a grocer on the left side of the block, and a woman (all of the people in the vision were in period clothing) crossing the street in front of me. I started swerving to miss hitting her and it was then that I came back to apparent reality.

What is interesting about the experiences that I had in my friend’s house during treatments (they only happened in his house when I was having the treatments) is that he also is sensitive and we related stories, later on (I was vague about details with him as I only wanted verification of them and didn‘t want to sound “nutty“). I was able to verify my vision of the renovations via his knowledge of the renovations that occurred there in the 1970’s and he also confided in me that he had seen my uncle John. John visited my friend before he visited me, there. My uncle was, by his account as well, concerned about me.

Edited by Vivienne_DuBois, 01 June 2008 - 01:27 PM.

#19 Shellie22

Shellie22

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 05:27 PM

Well, Vivienne, I certainly don't want to reach the point you did! I'm doing acupuncture for fertility, and have found it to "cure" some of my other ailments. So I'm sticking with it while I'm trying to get pregnant, but if anything more occurs, I will definitely reassess!

#20 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:02 PM

I'm glad you're able to deal with your experiences, Shellie, and that they aren't too bothersome for you. :Spaz:

#21 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:50 AM

When it comes to spirits, I'm pretty blind, I have seen only a couple, but I can feel them when they're near.

I've only seen a handful of entities. One was a white shadow that went right in front of me one night.

Another has been a little imp who played peekaboo around the corner of a wall with me for a couple minutes, that was beyond awesome.

Most of the times, in this house I'm living at, I'll see small creatures dart in and out of my vision, and I know they aren't our dogs, or any other small animal that would otherwise cause that. A random shadow here and there.

So I haven't seen much, but I feel just fine, so long as whatever it is has a different enough energy for me to conflict with it and know it's there.

I'm pretty much the earth, born under Taurus, and I do pretty much go with whatever. So my energy is very earth-like. So, unless the energy of whatever it is new to our house(we have a hotel for spirits basically, it's pretty sweet), to where I don't recognize it, or it conflicts enough my own energy, I wouldn't be able to pick it up until it's sitting right on the back of my neck trying to bore into my head.

But yeah, I'm working on strengthening my ability to feel so I can pick up where things are at without having to put too much effort into it.

Señor Hugo,

Three was the largest number of entities my family ever had to deal with, (Medway house, nasty buggers) I don't know how I would react to a lot of them seeming to take up residents at one time.
In my mums house there is still Junior, she is a delight; a little bit of a prankster but a sweet little girl none the less.
The other things I've dealt with over the years haven't been as violent as the one's in Medway, One was my ex's Dad, who had passed on years before, dropping in to see who this new person was in there family. Another was the Great Uncle of the Man I'm dating now.
I could go on and on.

I see small shadows move past quickly all the time, but never considered it to be anything, I've always figured it to be one of cats or a bird flew past the window, stuff like that.
I just thought the large human shape ones were the real deal. (you learn something new everyday)
How do you tell the difference?

Did you truly see an Imp? Or was an entities behavior impish.

I used to go searching for Imps, Fairy's, Elves and the like when I was a child.
I did find a few fairy rings. The remains of an old tree stump turned to dirt, with a ring of mushrooms growing in a circle around it.
(you could understand why people would warn you against stepping into the center of one, good way to break a leg if it was once a large stump)

M

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#22 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:58 AM

Shellie22,

I know what you mean by being afraid to conjure up something unwanted.
My mum would constantly warn me, "don't go where your not invited".
The few truly frightening experiences I've had are enough to keep me from looking for "trouble", If they come to me then so be it.
Otherwise, Ill leave well enough alone.

M

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

#23 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:09 AM

Vivineen,

You were touching on the subject of magnets in your acupuncture therapy, this reminded me of a time my mum, sister and I were at a fair, there was a booth with display section that allowed you to try those bracelets, shoe inserts, cushions, all sorts of magnet therapy devices.
Most of the people including my mum and sister thought they either felt good or just simply didn't feel any thing at all. So I decided to try; the bracelets immediately made me feel sick, the sails person was trying to put more things on me when I had to bolt out of there, it was terrible.
I don't recall anything other than they made me feel bad.
I haven't thought of that in years. I wonder why it happened.

M

#24 Señor Hugo

Señor Hugo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:23 AM

Señor Hugo,

Three was the largest number of entities my family ever had to deal with, (Medway house, nasty buggers) I don't know how I would react to a lot of them seeming to take up residents at one time.
In my mums house there is still Junior, she is a delight; a little bit of a prankster but a sweet little girl none the less.
The other things I've dealt with over the years haven't been as violent as the one's in Medway, One was my ex's Dad, who had passed on years before, dropping in to see who this new person was in there family. Another was the Great Uncle of the Man I'm dating now.
I could go on and on.

I see small shadows move past quickly all the time, but never considered it to be anything, I've always figured it to be one of cats or a bird flew past the window, stuff like that.
I just thought the large human shape ones were the real deal. (you learn something new everyday)
How do you tell the difference?

Did you truly see an Imp? Or was an entities behavior impish.

I used to go searching for Imps, Fairy's, Elves and the like when I was a child.
I did find a few fairy rings. The remains of an old tree stump turned to dirt, with a ring of mushrooms growing in a circle around it.
(you could understand why people would warn you against stepping into the center of one, good way to break a leg if it was once a large stump)

M

Well I'm usually able to discern the difference between what could be either a bird flying past, or a mouse depending on where I see the shadow.

Mice when running into an area populated with humans follow along the wall, we haven't had mice in a few years(we littered the garage where they were coming from with traps, they haven't been seen since), as for birds casting a shadow and flying past the window, it's possible, but you can usually tell it's a bird.

The small shadows I see dart on the ground where a shadow cast wouldn't be able to reach with how our furniture is set up. It's not a mouse because they don't follow along the walls like normal mouse behavior, and it's not our dogs, because the shadows are too small even for them, plus you can hear where the dogs are at any given time usually.

So with that I can make a reasonable assumption that it's not natural.

As for the imp, the little guy was about 2 feet in height, bipedal, brown, his head and body seemed to go right into each other, I don't recall seeing a neck, and he was pretty playful considering. We'd have our microwave go off without anyone using it, my roommates fan broke when he and his girlfriend that they wouldn't go buy a new fan until that one broke.

I saw the imp first out of the corner of my eye at 2am about a couple years ago now. Adult Swim had just started to air their repeat of the shows for the evening. I saw it out of the corner of my eye, I turned to see what it was, and it was still there. It peeked it's head out from around the corner of the wall and looked at me for a couple minutes, then disappeared back behind the wall, this happened for about 5-6 minutes.

I was amazed because I was actually seeing this full on instead of the whole peripheral vision thing.

I should have gotten up and tried to catch the little guy, but I didn't think of it, then after about the five minutes of him playing peekaboo with me, he just kinda stopped and I haven't seen him since.

I don't know if it was an actual imp, but I call him one, I miss that little guy.
"I am the bridge between worlds. I have experienced life, I have experienced death, others and my own. I am a shaman."

#25 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:55 AM

Señor Hugo,

omgThat sounds like it was amazing. I can see why you look at that experience with fondness.
The shadows that I'm absolutely certain were other than just a cat or bird, I've never been able to turn and look straight at them. I've tried for years.
I have seen some of the "ghosts" when looking straight at them, but never the "shadow men".
Ill have to pay more attention to the smaller shadows from now on, not dismiss them so easily.

thanks for answering.

M

#26 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Science Fiction, Reading, Renaissance Faires, Costuming/Sewing, beading, jewelry design, polymer clay artist, singing, hanging out with my husband and two cats - and going for walks with my hubby.

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:35 PM

I'm very sensitive to the paranormal and have been since the tender age of 5. I had the usual "imaginary" playmates, and met with 2 of my spirit guides around that time as well.

I learned early to not be afraid of the paranormal or supernatural, and to become more educated when the time was right.

I've crossed over a couple of very young Chinese girls from the recent earthquakes and that was an amazing experience. Those were my first experiences with crossing anyone over. It took much energy from me, but the exhaustion that ensued was the good kind.

I share my home with no fewer than 3 shadows - sometimes there are more. They're not the frightening kind - these seem to be neutral in nature and simply watch what is going on in the house.

I don't know whether this is a gift or a curse - it all depends on the experience I guess. :ghost:
Debbie / Maelinde"While the rest of the human race are descended from monkeys, redheads derive from cats." - Robert HeinleinVisit My Website

#27 Señor Hugo

Señor Hugo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:48 PM

Look at it like a gift, because it truly is one.

If you can see, and attract spirits, be them benevolent or malevolent, and help them(or send them back to where ever) that is a gift.

You help those who have passed to cross over, and you save the living from having to deal with that malevolent spirit.

#28 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Science Fiction, Reading, Renaissance Faires, Costuming/Sewing, beading, jewelry design, polymer clay artist, singing, hanging out with my husband and two cats - and going for walks with my hubby.

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:41 PM

You do have a point Hugo. I do tend to mostly look at it as a gift - but it all depends on how malevolent the spirit actually is.

I only wish that I could "turn it off" when I'm needing to see to the living, but I always feel bad if a spirit really needs my help when I'm in the middle of cooking dinner. :ghost:
Debbie / Maelinde"While the rest of the human race are descended from monkeys, redheads derive from cats." - Robert HeinleinVisit My Website

#29 LoneWolfe

LoneWolfe

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:36 PM

I would say that I am very sensitive to the paranormal. It started at a very young age and has continued all my life.I feel that the sensitivity that I have has been passed down to me on my mother's side of the family.
I have written some stories of my experiences and they are published on yourghoststories.com if anyone is interested in reading them. My username at that site is FRAWIN . I came on this site to escape .
It may just be me but I have noticed that the more open minded you are ,the more you experience.

#30 ghostchild27

ghostchild27

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:04 PM

My father's the only person in my family that I know has seen a ghost. When my father was young he remembers seeing a lady standing in his and his brother's bedroom doorway and that he couldnt sleep because he did not know who she was. He told me that the lady might have been his grandma paying the family a visit.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users