Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

How sensitive are you to the paranormal.

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#31 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:23 AM

I'm very sensitive to the paranormal and have been since the tender age of 5. I had the usual "imaginary" playmates, and met with 2 of my spirit guides around that time as well.

I learned early to not be afraid of the paranormal or supernatural, and to become more educated when the time was right.

I've crossed over a couple of very young Chinese girls from the recent earthquakes and that was an amazing experience. Those were my first experiences with crossing anyone over. It took much energy from me, but the exhaustion that ensued was the good kind.

I share my home with no fewer than 3 shadows - sometimes there are more. They're not the frightening kind - these seem to be neutral in nature and simply watch what is going on in the house.

I don't know whether this is a gift or a curse - it all depends on the experience I guess. :clap:

Maelinde,

How did you come to know you had the sprit guides? I've always wondered about those, who has them, how do you get one?
I've herd the mediums on television referring to them, but I have never really understood who or what they are.

It is nice that you are able to help sprits who wish to cross over. I have never been much more than an observer, any direct communications have been limited to expressing my desire not to be touched or harassed.
Other than that I have no idea what to do with the experience, I am very afraid to open myself up to something I'm not ready for. Let alone knowing what to do in the first place.

It is something of a comfort to hear that a sprit will travel such a great distance to be helped.
What was it like communicating with someone from a different country, who in life spoke a different language?

M

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#32 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:31 AM

I would say that I am very sensitive to the paranormal. It started at a very young age and has continued all my life.I feel that the sensitivity that I have has been passed down to me on my mother's side of the family.
I have written some stories of my experiences and they are published on yourghoststories.com if anyone is interested in reading them. My username at that site is FRAWIN . I came on this site to escape .
It may just be me but I have noticed that the more open minded you are ,the more you experience.

LoneWolfe

I would venture a guess you are correct in the assumption, that the more open or even simply having belief will allow you to see and feel what others do not.
I have met people who are completely numb, nothing out of the ordinary will even register with them. Some times I find it rather frustrating, Other times I have found myself envying them.

M

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

#33 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:43 AM

My father's the only person in my family that I know has seen a ghost. When my father was young he remembers seeing a lady standing in his and his brother's bedroom doorway and that he couldnt sleep because he did not know who she was. He told me that the lady might have been his grandma paying the family a visit.

ghostchild27

First, Welcome to GV.

I wouldn't find that unusual to be visited by a relative, the first experience that I can clearly recall was having a visit from my Great Grandfather.
As my sister and I were playing up stares in the house he used to live in, we had a visit from a Nice Old Man.
He peeked in the room we were in, smiled and waved hello to us.
When we told our mother, she dismissed it as a dream, but years later she did finally tell us who it was and that she was afraid to frighten us when we were so young by letting us know a ghost had visited us.

M

#34 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Science Fiction, Reading, Renaissance Faires, Costuming/Sewing, beading, jewelry design, polymer clay artist, singing, hanging out with my husband and two cats - and going for walks with my hubby.

Posted 07 June 2008 - 12:06 AM

Maelinde,

How did you come to know you had the sprit guides? I've always wondered about those, who has them, how do you get one?
I've herd the mediums on television referring to them, but I have never really understood who or what they are.

My spirit guides simply introduced themselves to me in a dream at age 5. I didn't "see" spirits until I was 6 after my maternal grandfather had passed away.

As far as I know, just about everyone has access to spirit guides. Some meditate to visit with their guides, others communicate via dreams. I communicate with mine using both methods. Some are lucky enough to simply open up dialog with their guides while being fully alert and awake.

Try to meditate to meet your spirit guides either during meditation or dreams. It's a great resource to have at your disposal.
Debbie / Maelinde"While the rest of the human race are descended from monkeys, redheads derive from cats." - Robert HeinleinVisit My Website

#35 Whitebuffalo

Whitebuffalo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 12:29 PM

I would say that I am very sensitive to the paranormal. It started at a very young age and has continued all my life.I feel that the sensitivity that I have has been passed down to me on my mother's side of the family.
I have written some stories of my experiences and they are published on yourghoststories.com if anyone is interested in reading them. My username at that site is FRAWIN . I came on this site to escape .
It may just be me but I have noticed that the more open minded you are ,the more you experience.

I am laughing here (and thank you, lately I need a reason to laugh) as I also came here to escape. The only problem is, that I have recently discovered that I can not escape what it is that I have to run FROM. As you know, from the same site that both you and Mustang gave reference to, mine started when I was young, stopped completely until I was pregnant and then continued on. I noticed a BIG increase in activity when I became pregnant with my now almost five year old.
When I was going through marital problems things came out like gang busters. It was almost as if something hung out a shingle from my front door stating that my mind was roaming, it was time for all manner of spirit and ghost visit. To ME, it would appear that whenever it is that I am most occupied, that is when I see, hear and experience things. Either that or a group of my "helpers" decided to rally behind me and hold me up as I felt that I was going to buckle under all of the stress of the time.
It does not help that my work as a PCA puts me in contact with those who are very near the experience of speaking AS a Spirit. And I seem to have the type of personality that draws them to me. Some of my clients choose me to help THEM pass on. I know that sounds a bit... interesting... but I have been requested at times when family members felt the time was near, and their loved ones "wanted some one with a little extra something". (Their words, not mine. I sometimes feel this is a curse, like others have stated, or something that is too big for me to handle on my own.)
I could go on, but I think I should just say that Naturalistic Healers run in my family, I married into the Native American culture, and my children are now blessed with The Talent. Handling two children with a gift on your own is not easy, but at times I do not feel so all alone.

#36 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 05:30 PM

Maelinde,

I'm not sure how to go about meditating, I am capable of siting in front of a window staring off into tree branches for hours at a time, noticing at moments I'm not thinking of anything.

I would guess that is not meditation.

Could you pleas describe what you do. For example, how you might sit, is there music or no music, where I should be focusing my attention. Any breathing exercises I may want to try.

Also If a meditation has been successful, how do you feel after?

Thank you.
M

#37 old spirit

old spirit

• Deleted
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:45 PM

I wont say I'm "sensitive" to the paranormal but it has been an intrest of mine since I was very young. From time to time I've seen, heard, and felt thing's I couldn't explain. My parents and other family and friends have told me I'm "older" than my age. Several family friends believe there is more in/to me than meets the eye. As for me I want to find out but it's not easy finding outlets here where I can get answers and have people think I'm nuts. My father passed away suddenly in February 08 and since then there have been several strange "encounters" between myself and things in my house that make me question how strong my "sensitivity".

Anyone know of a good group(s) or place in south west Florida to help find answers? Not me to be investigated but to do some?
Thanks

#38 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Science Fiction, Reading, Renaissance Faires, Costuming/Sewing, beading, jewelry design, polymer clay artist, singing, hanging out with my husband and two cats - and going for walks with my hubby.

Posted 17 June 2008 - 03:24 AM

Maelinde,

I'm not sure how to go about meditating, I am capable of siting in front of a window staring off into tree branches for hours at a time, noticing at moments I'm not thinking of anything.

I would guess that is not meditation.

Could you pleas describe what you do. For example, how you might sit, is there music or no music, where I should be focusing my attention. Any breathing exercises I may want to try.

Also If a meditation has been successful, how do you feel after?

Thank you.
M

Atropa_Belladonna,

I simply just sit quietly with no TV or music in the background. It needs to be quiet for me to be able to meditate successfully.

Just sit where you are comfortable, and be wearing comfortable clothes. The goal is to just clear your mind and relax. Ask your spirit guides to aid you in meditation. Some people like to chant a mantra - an example would be "OHM". I don't find that necessary. Some people also like to burn incense to aid the meditation. I'll do that occasionally, but I prefer it simple and quiet for my meditations.

I hope this helps - I've been meditating ever since I was 10 or so, and it just comes naturally for me now.

Here is my process:

1) Get in comfortable clothes (VERY important)
2) Turn off the TV and anything else making a distracting noise
3) Light Incense or candles (if I choose to do this)
4) Sit comfortably on the couch, bed, or floor (depends on where I feel I need to be)
5) Ask Spirit Guide(s) for help and protection during meditation
6) Clear mind as much as possible - distractions will prevent you from successfully meditating.
7) Thank Spirit Guides and go on about the day (or to bed).

Don't fret if it takes several sessions to get full benefits of meditation. It took me a long time to get my first successful meditation. Once you have a system that works for you, you'll be on your way to something very wonderful indeed. Meditation is so relaxing and energizing, depending on what time of day you meditate and whether or not you need to relax or if you need to have a calm energy about you.

Best of luck, and do let us know how its going with your meditations if you don't mind sharing.

:)
Debbie / Maelinde"While the rest of the human race are descended from monkeys, redheads derive from cats." - Robert HeinleinVisit My Website

#39 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:34 AM

I'm more sensitive than I care to be, As a Christian, I don't seek out paranormal experiences, but I still have my share of stories.

I had my first experience when I was so young I can't recall the memory itself - just stories of what happened. Two spirits visited our family and left a message.

I actually remember a shadow visiting me in the first house I lived in. I remember the games and laughs before things went south. He ended up stabbing me in the back with a blade (I still have the scar) before fleeing the house. Years later he came after me again, but I was ready and banished him.

I have lots of lucid dreams. I have foreseen people before I met them. I foresaw the funerals of my paternal grandparents. I have seen the afterlife in great detail.

A kind spirit once threw me a can of coke and a bag of cookies as I was about to be overcome with a hypoglycemic episode.

I once woke up with my entire arm covered in blood - but there were no cuts or scratches.

I've seen faces in mirrors.

I've witnessed stuff (photos, knives, plates, etc) fly around a room as drawers continuously slammed themselves.

I don't go looking for new experiences because I don't know what kind they'll be.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#40 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:43 PM

aloha_spirit

I'm glad you stopped in to share. It sounds like you have had some interesting experience.
I especially like it when an entity chooses to be helpful instead of harmful or just simply frightening. Was it a one time occurrence, or has that entity chosen to help again at other time?
Like you I do not recall my first encounter on my own, it is only thorough accounts of my parents that I know about the entities that tried to harm me as an infant, along with the other occurrences that went on in that place.

M

#41 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 07:55 PM

Maelinde,

Than you for sharing your process. I will begin practicing tonight before bed time. It is less likely I will be disturbed by others then.
It will be difficult to have a completely silent room that I am comfortable in, due to the fish tanks I have around the house. But on the up side with the sound of the water running through the filter, the ringing I hear all the time wont be so loud. :ghost:

Thanks again, I will try to keep you posted.
M

#42 Maelinde

Maelinde

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:04 PM

You're most welcome, Atropa.

Please do let me know how it goes. I don't think the fish tank noise will be disruptive to the process. In fact it could be quite the contrary. In Feng Shui, the sound of moving water is very important to the meditative process, so this may benefit you even more.

Good luck and I wish you a peaceful and beneficial meditation.

:P

#43 2012leo

2012leo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:05 AM

How sensitive are you to the paranormal.

On my Mother's side of the family it seems more of us have seen and or sensed something at one time or another. Some of us more often.

On my Father's side no one ever seemed to talk about the paranormal. The only encounter my Father would ever talk about occurred in that Medway house we were living in, when he witnessed a sprit attempting to hurt me.

To this day I'm still running into things here and there, I never go looking for them. This leaves me wondering why, why would any presence let themselves be known to me. I haven't invited these experiences and as I said before I've not gone looking.

M

Permission happens on a subconscious level but also sometimes it's not your choice I'd say. It depends on the circumstances whether something can be forced on you. Perhaps there is a genetic inability to turn these things off/shield self. It seems to be maternal mostly.

Mostly I don't feel I'm in direct control of my experiences, though there is either a part of my subconscious OR 'guardians' that occasionally show a quite powerful ability to control the situations.
"I disagree with fluffymongering"

#44 my.mind.freak

my.mind.freak

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:lots more then anything i love ghost hunting wich im going to do this monday whn i get to sweden in the dark forest near our house i heard people were dead there or got lost and never found ... well i also like motorbikes,basketball, im a boy aint i .... i hate girls things i only like eyeliner dats it<br />i also love my pets all my cats...and i also like runescape

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:47 AM

No-one in my family are sensitive to the paranormal, but me !

Also none of my family know that I am, its just something I keep to myself until they have passed over, and I am able to communicate with them.

I can only think we are chosen for a reason, and for me, well, they had their 6 cents out of me so far lol

same as me i wouldnt believe me even if i try telling em

life is too short to be sad live a life of happiness

#45 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:51 PM

aloha_spirit

I'm glad you stopped in to share. It sounds like you have had some interesting experience. I especially like it when an entity chooses to be helpful instead of harmful or just simply frightening. Was it a one time occurrence, or has that entity chosen to help again at other time? Like you I do not recall my first encounter on my own, it is only thorough accounts of my parents that I know about the entities that tried to harm me as an infant, along with the other occurrences that went on in that place.

M

I've learned to recognize the symptoms of an impending hypoglycemic episode, so it was only that one time when I really needed some help in that regard. Unfortunately I never found out who it was, so I couldn't give them a proper thank you.

I keep a few icons around my house, so most visitors are of the friendly or playful sort. Besides, spirits / ghosts / etc have personalities and moods. Very few are 100% evil or 100% good. Sometimes that have a bad day while other times they like to chat it up.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users