Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

How sensitive are you to the paranormal.

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#46 my.mind.freak

my.mind.freak

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:lots more then anything i love ghost hunting wich im going to do this monday whn i get to sweden in the dark forest near our house i heard people were dead there or got lost and never found ... well i also like motorbikes,basketball, im a boy aint i .... i hate girls things i only like eyeliner dats it<br />i also love my pets all my cats...and i also like runescape

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:39 AM

No-one in my family are sensitive to the paranormal, but me !

Also none of my family know that I am, its just something I keep to myself until they have passed over, and I am able to communicate with them.

I can only think we are chosen for a reason, and for me, well, they had their 6 cents out of me so far lol

same as me i wouldnt believe me even if i try telling em

hey its wierd why things has to be a secrate all the time

life is too short to be sad live a life of happiness

#47 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:26 PM

You're most welcome, Atropa.

Please do let me know how it goes. I don't think the fish tank noise will be disruptive to the process. In fact it could be quite the contrary. In Feng Shui, the sound of moving water is very important to the meditative process, so this may benefit you even more.

Good luck and I wish you a peaceful and beneficial meditation.

:(

So far I do not think I have reached a state of meditation, but since the attempts that have been made were all before I go to sleep for the night; I have found that thoes nights have seemed more restful.

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#48 Seņor Hugo

Seņor Hugo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:43 PM

Well, I've slowly but surely been able to figure out just how I can figure out where spirits are depending on the "tingles" I get.

Getting to the point where I could walk up to a spot and point and say "ok something is right there"

But I've learned to use the feelings I get really like, and forgive me nerding out for a second with this term, a Spider-sense.

My entire body, I've learned pretty much reacts like a radar dish. Depending on where I get the tingling sensation, how strong it is, the area it covers, if it's more intense in certain areas than others, I can get a relatively good idea as to where something is at.

Had a case when me and a group of friends decided to take a post-midnight stroll through our college campus, this was the 18th(full moon), well upon walking towards a group of trees I got a distinct tingle from the shoulders up, but only affecting the front of me. It was at this point one of the girls in the group said she didn't like where we were walking. As we passed the group of trees the tingle moved to the left side of my body to the back of my head. So I was able to figure out that whatever it was, was in chilling in the trees watching us and kind of miffed that we disturbed his nice night.

The intensity of the tingling sensation also ends up telling me the intent, or what level this creature ends up being on. Basically if something has a really nasty intent towards me or someone in the group, or just a nasty disposition in general, I get kind of a pin-cushion feeling in the spine along with the directional tingle. If the creature is divine, or just glad to have someone there, the tingle in the spine is kind of reminiscent to standing in the sunlight having that nice heated feeling on your skin, along with the directional tingle.

Then the size of whatever it is, last Friday I believe, me and the group decided to hit a park about 12:30, well I was hanging back and talking with a friend explaining to her different things(this was her first trip to a place that is really active, her previous ghost hunt her "friends" used her as bait which is just wrong), but I got an incredible tingling sensation going from head to foot, the strength of it focusing on my upper body, with a nice tingle in the spine(which told me it was friendly, or at least didn't mind us there), well apparently something big was in one of the trees, we caught up with the rest of the group who were all standing around, one of our more sensitive people staring up in the same tree my tingle was coming from.

So, yeah it's not precise yet, but I've been able to figure the ins and outs of how I can go about sensing spirits.

The only problem I still encounter is that my own energy, and the energy of the runes I use sometimes masks the smaller creatures from my "sight."
"I am the bridge between worlds. I have experienced life, I have experienced death, others and my own. I am a shaman."

#49 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 25 June 2008 - 11:23 AM

WOW Seņor Hugo

It sounds like you have really developed a talent.

I am beginning to learn from others here that honing your perceptions is actually possible. I had never considered trying to before coming to this group on line.

How would you describe what you have developed so far? Do you think you have strengthen you skill, or learned how to better read your "Spider-sense" ?

You mentioned a member of your group was being used as "bait" by her previous group. How would people use another to bait spirits? And why in heaven would they even want to do that to someone?... It seems cruel and potentially dangerous.

M

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#50 my.mind.freak

my.mind.freak

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:lots more then anything i love ghost hunting wich im going to do this monday whn i get to sweden in the dark forest near our house i heard people were dead there or got lost and never found ... well i also like motorbikes,basketball, im a boy aint i .... i hate girls things i only like eyeliner dats it<br />i also love my pets all my cats...and i also like runescape

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:37 PM

WOW Seņor Hugo

I am beginning to learn from others here that honing your perceptions is actually possible. I had never considered trying to before coming to this group on line.

How would you describe what you have developed so far? Do you think you have strengthen you skill, or learned how to better read your "Spider-sense" ?

You mentioned a member of your group was being used as "bait" by her previous group. How would people use another to bait spirits? And why in heaven would they even want to do that to someone?... It seems cruel and potentially dangerous.

M

wow you know how to speak your mind very well.lol i agree hes good!

#51 Seņor Hugo

Seņor Hugo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:48 PM

WOW Seņor Hugo

M

For the whole bait bit, from what I understand from her talking about it, is they were in a house that had activity from a spirit that liked messing with women. So her friends told her to go into the basement while they waited to see what happened.

Using someone as bait is an ok idea, so long as that person knows how to handle themselves, and they agree to being used, in this case it was a jerk maneuver on her friends to do that to her.

As for my talent, I haven't so much as developed it, I figure I already had it. It's just that I've been whittling down the blockades I've mentally put up and am now able to access part of it.

I don't think I've strengthened it, granted this time a couple years ago I couldn't even get the hint of a spirit until it was right in front of me slapping me silly.

I figure from here on out I'll be taking down the walls more and more all the while being more and more adept at telling where spirits are, how big they are and what type they are, to the point where I hopefully will be able to describe what they look like, or even see them.

What it is that I have, describing it is interesting. So far when writing this I've stopped and erased what I wrote about five different times, I'm trying to find a way to express how it works.

From what I understand about it, it's like a bubble of energy encasing my body. Now unlike regular bubbles, soap bubbles etc, this one can't pop, and if it can, I don't want to experience that. However, when I'm in an area expecting to deal with things that I cannot see, my bubble acts as my new set of eyes. We know that every creature living or otherwise has energy to it. It's a basic law, everything has energy. Now depending on what it is, that energy can vary in size and intensity. Depending on the intensity of it depends on if it will clash with my bubble and I feel that it's there.

So when my energy bubble clashes with the energy bubble of a spirit or what not, where the clashing takes place, the front of the bubble, side, etc, is where I get a feeling of warmth and friction. Like part of my body has been wrapped in a nice cozy blanket, but at the same time getting varying degrees of the pins and needles feeling of a limb falling asleep.

My real want is to be able to afford an IR/Thermal Imaging camera and then hit a nice haunted area, and keep the IR on me see what it picks up. Since it is energy it will give off heat, so my thought is I should be able to measure just what I can do.

Edited by Seņor Hugo, 25 June 2008 - 02:51 PM.

"I am the bridge between worlds. I have experienced life, I have experienced death, others and my own. I am a shaman."

#52 my.mind.freak

my.mind.freak

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:25 AM

Seņor Hugo,

Three was the largest number of entities my family ever had to deal with, (Medway house, nasty buggers) I don't know how I would react to a lot of them seeming to take up residents at one time.
In my mums house there is still Junior, she is a delight; a little bit of a prankster but a sweet little girl none the less.
The other things I've dealt with over the years haven't been as violent as the one's in Medway, One was my ex's Dad, who had passed on years before, dropping in to see who this new person was in there family. Another was the Great Uncle of the Man I'm dating now.
I could go on and on.

I see small shadows move past quickly all the time, but never considered it to be anything, I've always figured it to be one of cats or a bird flew past the window, stuff like that.
I just thought the large human shape ones were the real deal. (you learn something new everyday)
How do you tell the difference?

Did you truly see an Imp? Or was an entities behavior impish.

I used to go searching for Imps, Fairy's, Elves and the like when I was a child.
I did find a few fairy rings. The remains of an old tree stump turned to dirt, with a ring of mushrooms growing in a circle around it.
(you could understand why people would warn you against stepping into the center of one, good way to break a leg if it was once a large stump)

M

Well I'm usually able to discern the difference between what could be either a bird flying past, or a mouse depending on where I see the shadow.

Mice when running into an area populated with humans follow along the wall, we haven't had mice in a few years(we littered the garage where they were coming from with traps, they haven't been seen since), as for birds casting a shadow and flying past the window, it's possible, but you can usually tell it's a bird.

The small shadows I see dart on the ground where a shadow cast wouldn't be able to reach with how our furniture is set up. It's not a mouse because they don't follow along the walls like normal mouse behavior, and it's not our dogs, because the shadows are too small even for them, plus you can hear where the dogs are at any given time usually.

So with that I can make a reasonable assumption that it's not natural.

As for the imp, the little guy was about 2 feet in height, bipedal, brown, his head and body seemed to go right into each other, I don't recall seeing a neck, and he was pretty playful considering. We'd have our microwave go off without anyone using it, my roommates fan broke when he and his girlfriend that they wouldn't go buy a new fan until that one broke.

I saw the imp first out of the corner of my eye at 2am about a couple years ago now. Adult Swim had just started to air their repeat of the shows for the evening. I saw it out of the corner of my eye, I turned to see what it was, and it was still there. It peeked it's head out from around the corner of the wall and looked at me for a couple minutes, then disappeared back behind the wall, this happened for about 5-6 minutes.

I was amazed because I was actually seeing this full on instead of the whole peripheral vision thing.

I should have gotten up and tried to catch the little guy, but I didn't think of it, then after about the five minutes of him playing peekaboo with me, he just kinda stopped and I haven't seen him since.

I don't know if it was an actual imp, but I call him one, I miss that little guy.

you guys experience more then just spirits havent you?

#53 my.mind.freak

my.mind.freak

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:34 AM

Maelinde,

How did you come to know you had the sprit guides? I've always wondered about those, who has them, how do you get one?
I've herd the mediums on television referring to them, but I have never really understood who or what they are.

My spirit guides simply introduced themselves to me in a dream at age 5. I didn't "see" spirits until I was 6 after my maternal grandfather had passed away.

As far as I know, just about everyone has access to spirit guides. Some meditate to visit with their guides, others communicate via dreams. I communicate with mine using both methods. Some are lucky enough to simply open up dialog with their guides while being fully alert and awake.

Try to meditate to meet your spirit guides either during meditation or dreams. It's a great resource to have at your disposal.

i don't use any way i just ask them to show them self and if the want they will.for me i never do anything like meditaite i tried it once but it was no help for me others say its best way i dunno for different people its not the same.for me i did not invite them they just started showing them self straight away now voice no wierd feelings nothing and i didnt do anything to call them or anything

#54 kilel- da ghosty hunta

kilel- da ghosty hunta

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:too much to list, im afraid

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:36 AM

well there is the possibility that the spirits in ur home... or just the little girl... is/are a demon(s)
but the man uve seen beforecould have been a deceased relative who was close to ur.... where did u see him first? ur grammas house??
Posted ImagePosted ImageMissouri Paranormal Society remote junoir member (my location, NY)

#55 Seņor Hugo

Seņor Hugo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:35 PM

Yeah, there are a heck of a lot more out there than just ghosts of the deceased. Demons, angels, spirit guides, skinwalkers, faeries, gnomes, undine, the elements have life, all manner of gods, giants, trolls, imps, elves, dwarves.

There is so much out there that we haven't seen that it really is funny when you hear someone say "I don't believe in (insert topic here)."

I've encountered people who really have nothing inside of them. They are literally empty.
I've seen people who can only be called dwarves, I'm talking classic dwarves, not tiny midget dwarfs.

And this is all just in Fort Wayne. I'm 24 right now, I've been reading about the paranormal most of my life. I've been involved with the paranormal for 4 years. I've seen more things, experienced more things than most people will their entire lives.

I recently found out that not only my father, but his father studied shamanism for a period of time, my grandfather was even given a peace pipe from a Native American shaman he learned from. This is after Shamanism found me.

And I'm really just starting the path.

To tell all the things I've experienced within these 4 years, aside from the real staple moments for me personally, I couple easily write a book.

#56 my.mind.freak

my.mind.freak

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:56 PM

Yeah, there are a heck of a lot more out there than just ghosts of the deceased. Demons, angels, spirit guides, skinwalkers, faeries, gnomes, undine, the elements have life, all manner of gods, giants, trolls, imps, elves, dwarves.

There is so much out there that we haven't seen that it really is funny when you hear someone say "I don't believe in (insert topic here)."

I've encountered people who really have nothing inside of them. They are literally empty.
I've seen people who can only be called dwarves, I'm talking classic dwarves, not tiny midget dwarfs.

And this is all just in Fort Wayne. I'm 24 right now, I've been reading about the paranormal most of my life. I've been involved with the paranormal for 4 years. I've seen more things, experienced more things than most people will their entire lives.

I recently found out that not only my father, but his father studied shamanism for a period of time, my grandfather was even given a peace pipe from a Native American shaman he learned from. This is after Shamanism found me.

And I'm really just starting the path.

To tell all the things I've experienced within these 4 years, aside from the real staple moments for me personally, I couple easily write a book.

wow, i didnt think theres anything except ghosts i guess im rong?

#57 kilel- da ghosty hunta

kilel- da ghosty hunta

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:02 PM

oh definatly, no offence but when u dont research things, they tend to lead your mind away from them, thats y i got into the paranormal, so i could strengthen the ranks of believers ad at least try to get others to believe thru my analyzations of the evidence MOPS brings to me :hug:
Posted ImagePosted ImageMissouri Paranormal Society remote junoir member (my location, NY)

#58 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 01 July 2008 - 12:55 AM

One of the problems facing serious study into the paranormal is the lack of formalized definitions. I think ghost is a catch-all phrase. Religious people like to break it up into spirits, angels, and demons.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#59 my.mind.freak

my.mind.freak

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:36 AM

One of the problems facing serious study into the paranormal is the lack of formalized definitions. I think ghost is a catch-all phrase. Religious people like to break it up into spirits, angels, and demons.

well angels are another thing arnt they?

#60 kilel- da ghosty hunta

kilel- da ghosty hunta

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:06 AM

yuppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppah

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users